iOS Gaming

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Gaming

Has anyone got Football Manager Handheld 2010? If so is it any good?

I've heard it's very good, obviously cut down from the PC version but plays a really good game all the same.

Everyone should download "Tilt To Live" for 59p, very good game.

FM2010 is really good - and SI are updating it alot. Not sure if they've done a transfer patch yet, but at least 3 big bug updates and tweaks to the UI.

They are still debating doing an iPad version if this sells, but it scales up pretty well. Worth the money.

Tilt To Live is very good Dags, had it a while! :)

Good news for PBoreham, PES 2010 is being updated and should look better on his iPad:

- Fixed a database corruption issue that causes occasional crashes.
- adds Support of fastswitching (multitasking) on iOS 4.0.
- adds Support of x2 resize for iPad.

I tried X2 Football 2010 Lite and wasn't wholly impressed to be honest, felt very stiff and not very fluid. I'd like to try PES but wary of paying £6 without a demo first.

Good news for PBoreham, PES 2010 is being updated and should look better on his iPad:

I tried X2 Football 2010 Lite and wasn't wholly impressed to be honest, felt very stiff and not very fluid. I'd like to try PES but wary of paying £6 without a demo first.

Excellent news :) PES is a really good effort - not going to trumpet it too loudly as its lacking some features to flesh it out, but the gameplay is definitely 'PES' like of old.

Wasnt impressed to see it go on sale in USA for $1.99, that took the piss. If you have an american account Dags, that may be the way to go!

Rayman 2: The Great Escape (6)
The Settlers (8)
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. (8)
Driver (7)
The Oregon Trail (9)

All 59p now, scores are from Pocket Gamer.

Excellent news :) PES is a really good effort - not going to trumpet it too loudly as its lacking some features to flesh it out, but the gameplay is definitely 'PES' like of old.

Wasnt impressed to see it go on sale in USA for $1.99, that took the piss. If you have an american account Dags, that may be the way to go!

Is a US account easy to set up? I take it I can still use my UK card?

Rayman 2: The Great Escape (6)
The Settlers (8)
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. (8)
Driver (7)
The Oregon Trail (9)

All 59p now, scores are from Pocket Gamer.

Is a US account easy to set up? I take it I can still use my UK card?

No, you cannot use your uk card on the us store. You can make an account fine without it, but to buy stuff, you'll need us iTunes cards. (recommend maximus cards)

Ah, can't be arsed with the hassle to be honest but cheers anyway :)

Ooohh heads up, a demo of Football Manager was released today :)

Ah, can't be arsed with the hassle to be honest but cheers anyway :)

Yea, its not worth it now - definitely was with the US iPads though as it meant we got apps weeks before the UK release - but havent used it since.

This thread will be very busy again now PB, Dags and Tim have a iPhone again :LOL:

Pro Zombie Soccer, get it. Not really anything to do with football apart from the ball is the weapon.

Think Plants Vs Zombies where you're the gun, very good stuff :)

Pro Zombie Soccer, get it. Not really anything to do with football apart from the ball is the weapon.

Think Plants Vs Zombies where you're the gun, very good stuff :)

Grabbing it now.

All these 59p's do add up you know!

Got it this morning. It's fun and tactical at this end.

Flick Football, 59p, another one to get.

It's the same game as on MiniClip really but great for short bursts and trying to beat high scores.

Anyone else use OpenFeint? Already got PBB, Flawless and Rob92 on my friends list.

Edit: And Jay.

Last edited by a moderator:

I got the wrong Flick Football :(

You should get "Flick Kick Football", it's a better game :)

Is there a purpose for the achievements points ?

Here are some game recommendations from myself:

Espgaluda 2 - One of the best if not the best top down vertical shooters in a crazy Japanese style.
Words With Friends - Pretty much Scrabble online. You can play against your friends or random opponents and have up to 20 simultaneous games at one time.
Broken Sword - Classic adventure game from Revolution.
Beneath A Steel Sky - One of the first adventure titles from Revolution. Great game.
Monkey Island - A Lucasarts point & click classic.
Football Manager - Its FM on your iPhone.
Backbreaker - A great game for 59p.
Flick Football/Rugby - Highly addictive and a bargain for 59p.

Also Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy Tactics are coming later this year! More game recommendations soon. :)

Some Namco games are on sale at the moment.

Pac Man - 59p
Pac Man Championship Edition - 59p
Mr Driller - 59p
Time Crisis - 59p

PES 2010 got another update yesterday that fixes some bugs and improves responsiveness. Also Last.fm now supports iOS 4 features such as background audio.

Is there a purpose for the achievements points ?

It's just like XBox Live where you can compare Gamerscore etc. I like to use it to compare high-scores mainly.

Might pick up Mr Driller for 59p :)

Openfeint, Plus etc will all either merge with Game Centre or shutdown once it is launched later this year. It will be so good to have a unified online service with achievements, leaderboards, friends lists and game invites.

Here are some game recommendations from myself:

Espgaluda 2 - One of the best if not the best top down vertical shooters in a crazy Japanese style.

WOW!!

How do games like this not get more publicity???

This is the best game I've played on the iPhone/iPad and I never knew it existed until I saw your post, so thanks!!

Keep 'em coming, Cave!

Back
Top Bottom