Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii + DS + Wii U

ZombiU is quite terrifying.

Dont know how a game can have a scary affect on a 36 year old, but there you go!

I've got;

ZombiU: very good survival horror, lots of clever ideas. Nods to Demon Souls too, insomuch as you WILL die, just how long can you survive! Good use of the gamepad too.

BlOps2: excellent port, runs really well, looks as good as ps360 versions and has all the same stuff bar the Elite social stuff. Can be played completely on pad away from tv which is amazing. Multiplayer is absolutely solid too, not disconnects, slow down etc.

Super Mario U: it's mario! I'm not a big fan of the franchise, but love this. Think that says a lot. Looks excellent and has loads of great gameplay. Can also be played off screen.

NintendoLand: collection of mini games, which are pretty good, especially if you gonna play multiplayer, but no way worth more than £40 and not the 'Wii Sports' of the U.

Trine 2: £10 download title, looks amazing, can be played off pad and has multiplayer. Physics puzzler.

Other games that are meant to be good:

Sonic Racing: lot of people raving about this and has a good mp following already. Can also be played off screen.

Mass Effect 3: again, people saying its the best version of ME on consoles. Also think you can play off screen.

Tekken Tag and Darksiders meant to be good too.

It's a pretty solid launch really with something for everyone. I'm prob gonna pick up Sonic next.

Ones to avoid:

FIFA13: meant to be good, but isn't the 13 version, more of a port of 12. Has some interesting pad features, but not worth getting.

Batman: not the best port apparently. Frame rate probs.

Sports Collection: meant to awful. Avoid!

Is zombiU any good?

I read it was awesome but then saw the ign and gamespot video reviews and they were of the opinion it's kinda shit. Even if their opinions on certain games seems to be decided by how much ad money they got before the review etc,,.. The points they brought up don't seem dodgy. Like how you basically spend 90% of the game hitting zombies with a cricket bat over and over and the crappy way the game handles you respawning as a new character, that their isn't any story to explain why or how and the game just acts like its the same person over and over barking orders and moaning at you for not doing something despite that person being dead now.

It sounds like it was kinda rushed and I'd be best waiting for the sequel.

Cheers.

Will look at picking up some games 2nd hand.

Why are these new Wii mote plus controllers £40? Are they super good? I have some vouchers for argos so could get 2 for nothing...worth it?

Rad I'm really enjoying ZombiU. It is slow paced and you do have to go to certain areas a few times but It's made me shit myself a few times. You will die and sometimes you die alot but it's never bothered me. I killed Mr Borehams zombie the other day and one of my brothers, they had quite a few items that I took off their rotting corpse.

Hmmm. I'm getting a wiiU today and that's making the decision what to get even harder. At my local game they have a fw bundles, nintendoland and the choice of another game (sonic, dark siders, batman or just dance I think). the variety of nintyland and it should show off the game pad features well.

Oh bum.

That sounds awesome your friends can be zombies in your game.

What I've played of Nintendoland never really grabbed me. Look's ok to play for a bit with friends but don't think I'd touch it otherwise. I'm supposed to be getting Mario bro's today.

Mario Bros U is excellent jay. Played it at a mates house on New Years. Highly recommend it if you liked the older side scrolling Mario games.

Just got one. They were sold out of zombieU but had it as a bundle for £350. Bit pricey. I worked out I could buy the basic console with game, zombieU and the pad for less. I'm going to see if I can get zombie online cheaper anyway as it was priced at £49.99 too.,.. Robbing shits know they're the only game place for miles.

Just the basic. Just read your pm, I need to connect to the net but I read it takes ages so I've been holding off.

Edit
Updates done.
How do you add friends?

I think my IDis just KRadiation so do you just share that?

Last edited:

I'd already sent one your way so I guess you accepted as you're showing up now. Also managed to find PBB through you too. So much easier than the last wii and those codes.

I got nintendoland now. I need to buy a sensor though to be able to use my old wii remotes. Does anyone know if it has to be wii remote plus? Or can I just use the standard remotes too?
They were selling the sensor bars for £12 in game. Checked on eBay and they're going for £1.95!

I'm pretty sure it's a plus but I'm not 100%. It should show what friends are playing ect on the friends list.

Back
Top Bottom