Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Holio said:
For a fiver mate and your not happy.................... ;)
:D Fair point... Wish I'd been warned though. They could have said something in the backwards-compatibility list, surely? "Must have composite or S-VIDEO connection to play on XBOX Live"?

Got around it in the end though, plugged it into the telly (lot of arsing about but still), downloaded the update and away we go. Although having said that, I haven't been able to figure out how you play online yet... :| (Starts to think he should have stuck with PCs) I think it's something to do with "Versus Mode" but you have to complete an "exam" to get into it, which I shall do later.

Still want Oddworld support more than anything though. :(

Noted said:
only1tevez are you english? You write like a foreigner
Leave only1tevez alone, he's a gangsta. If he types properly he'll have some other gangsta's trying to pop some caps into his ass, plus he'll get his special-needs disability-allowance taken off him. He needs that £24.50 a week for his bitches.

Last edited:

People have to remember its being emulated. Its bound to have glitches.

thanks for your help twats,why your rippin me i just need help,becaurse my xbox 360 atleast im not a fat as geek who cannot get any girl action

Chris Davies said:
:D Fair point... Wish I'd been warned though. They could have said something in the backwards-compatibility list, surely? "Must have composite or S-VIDEO connection to play on XBOX Live"?

Got around it in the end though, plugged it into the telly (lot of arsing about but still), downloaded the update and away we go. Although having said that, I haven't been able to figure out how you play online yet... :| (Starts to think he should have stuck with PCs) I think it's something to do with "Versus Mode" but you have to complete an "exam" to get into it, which I shall do later.

Still want Oddworld support more than anything though. :(

Leave only1tevez alone, he's a gangsta. If he types properly he'll have some other gangsta's trying to pop some caps into his ass, plus he'll get his special-needs disability-allowance taken off him. He needs that £24.50 a week for his bitches.
wow so funny, ive seen a piccy of you so i dont know why your making fun you face looks just like pete burns

RuneEdge said:
People have to remember its being emulated. Its bound to have glitches.

Yeah exactly, i'm amazed how well PES5 looks and plays on the the 360 thru VGA @ 1280 X 1024 it looks the dog's bollocks only downside with VGA is the washed out colours........

only1tevez said:
thanks for your help twats,why your rippin me i just need help,becaurse my xbox 360 (LMAO) atleast im not a fat as geek who cannot get any girl action

Thanks for your help, twats. Why are you ripping into me? I just need help because of my Xbox 360. At least I'm not a fat ass geek who cannot get any action with girls.*

only1tevez said:
damm i cant connect i have windows me so i do everything the xbox site said untill the end when i click finish, it comes up error netconn.exe so it wont work damm im soo pissed off its unbelivable, please i need help before i throw my pc out the window

Have you tried using Google to search for your problem, I am sure you arent the only person in the world this has happened to

Tevez mate until you learn to type without resorting to text speak or having any idea about grammar and how to structure sentences, people are always going to say something. So tidy yourself up you plum, and anymore abuse to others on here and I'll get ya banned. Nuff said. AAAAIIIIIII! ;)

Thats odd, I find Condemned and the much reported King Kong too dark on my normal telly, I have to adjust the brightness settings everytime I play them... does get a bit annoying.

DJ

only1tevez said:
thanks for your help twats,why your rippin me i just need help,becaurse my xbox 360 atleast im not a fat as geek who cannot get any girl action

You come out with stuff like this and expect help? Grow up man, and learn to take a bit of flack for your 'five-year olds' grammar

Hey man if you actually want help getting it working I would take back what you have said.

DJ

Is it that good APX? I looked at the video demo and wasnt particularly impressed by it to be honest. But ill give it a play.

DJ

why tell me to grow up tell the person who was ripping me,i was just asking something and they started ripping me,i used google search, i put the ip addreas and the ppoe and everything else in.It didnt work it always said failed for ip section, i know my ip addreas i put all of the ip addreas in and it still dont work.
Im using the windows ICS

Last edited by a moderator:

only1tevez said:
why tell me to grow up tell the person who was ripping me,i was just asking something and they started ripping me,i used google search, i put the ip addreas and the ppoe and everything else in.It didnt work it always said failed for ip section, i know my ip addreas i put all of the ip addreas in and it still dont work.
Im using the windows ICS

What operating system are you using and what is your exact setup. Including equiptment and firewall.

Operating System- windows ME
Dont have firewall.
my modem is connected using usb and ive put my etherent cable in my xbox360 to the back of the pc in the etherent port,ive done the home networking thing,where you can have interent sharing,i want to know what should i put in the edit settings ive done automatic and there all 0.0.0.0 etc.. so ive done maual and put in my ip that i have found using the command line inputting ipconfig/all it tells the ip thereit failed everything on the ip addreas,ive rang up customer surport they say "put your ip addreas from pc"done that still dont work.

can anyone show me there setup using windows ICS,if not in pictures in text thanks

Hold on a tick, dont you need a crossover cable between the Xbox 360 and the PC and not just a standard RJ 45 Network cable?

A crossover cable swaps the position of the Send/Receive ports on each end so that the 2 devices can communicate properley, only1tevez do you have a cross over cable?

This fixed my issue in the good old days when I needed to link my PS2 to my PC I HAD to use a crossover cable.

DJ

well i use the ethernet cable that came with my xbox 360,the cable that goes into the modem is smaller than the xbox360 one, by the way heres my settings

Basic Settings

ip settings- manual
ip addreas- my ip addreas i got from the cmd
subnet mask- 255.255.255.0
gateway- 0.0.0.0

dns settings-automattic
primary dns server- 0.0.0.0
secondary dns server- 0.0.0.0

PPoE settings
Username- gorski.wanadoo.co.uk@ff
Password- my password to speedtouch connection
Servise Name-

Adddictional Settings
Host Name- not set
alternative MAC addreas- the addreas it tells me for the wired cable on the xbox360

please tell me yours thanks

Chris Davies said:
Anyone playing with a VGA cable (possibly HDTV cable too) who's planning on buying Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (and other XBOX-original games)... Don't. Or at least have a look around the net first.

There's been reports of map problems etc. with Chaos Theory, none of which I have experienced yet, but when I try to play on XBOX Live (which is the only way to download the latest fix as well, so I'm told), the game crashes with an error message stating "your display mode isn't supported". The only way around it? To use a composite or S-VIDEO cable.

Not a happy bunny at ALL... But then in all honesty it was the single-player mode I bought it for anyway, which (so far) is working okay.

Still, I'm tempted to take it back and get something else instead. Huge disappointment.
Just to add to this... I can't even get the game to go past the splash screen now. Definitely going to get exchanged.

Edit: Took the pads out and it went in. Rebooted with the pads out and now it won't go in again. :|

Last edited:

You need a crossover cable, that cable which came with your 360 will NOT work. You can pick up a cheap Crossover cable for about £3 off amazon.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Hold on a tick, dont you need a crossover cable between the Xbox 360 and the PC and not just a standard RJ 45 Network cable?

A crossover cable swaps the position of the Send/Receive ports on each end so that the 2 devices can communicate properley, only1tevez do you have a cross over cable?

This fixed my issue in the good old days when I needed to link my PS2 to my PC I HAD to use a crossover cable.

DJ

I said this exact same thing in his thread that's dedicated to this problem. Crossover cable it is.

Edit; Tevez, it sounds like everything is setup fine. If you get a crossover Cat5 Ethernet cable it should automatically connect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom