Dishonored

Re: Dishonoured

I don't mind Placebo. What I'm concerned about is what bsmaff mentioned.

Also, does it come as a digital download? And how would I activate it over Steam? I already have a Steam account by the way.

You get given the Steam activation key, so just type that into Steam and the game will activate and you just download it.
But it is best to wait till launch day and wait till they say it is Region free.

Ah shame, I'll grab it in a sale sometime in the future then.

OK fair enough, I am not prepared to do that.

I done it for FIFA as don't care if I lose my Origin account but don't want to lose my Steam account as it is worth over £2000.

Hey Placebo, decided to get it on Steam. Thanks for offering to help though.

Pre-loaded and waiting for midnight. :D

Really excited to get the game, as the reviews seem great.

Last edited:

Interested in this now!

I got xcom from cddski (thanks to placebo!) and after doing plenty of research it seems using a VPN, whilst technically against steams t and c's, people's experience over the years is steam won't ban you for activating and playing games via VPN, just if you use a VPN to buy games cheaper outside your region.

So I got xcom for £10 and was a bit of a faff to activate, but it's literally double clicking an icon now to start the VPN, then load steam to start the game - can disconnect the VPN after.

I'm guessing online will be a no-no, but I'm not fussed about that.

Installed and run Dishonored now, confirmed needs a VPN to run same as Xcom, if anyone's interested I have two spare keys going at £10.52 for anyone that wants one :)

Eurogamers review put me off this so ill have to check what ign are saying. I leaning towards xcom today though so ... Worst and best time of the year for gaming this.

Eurogamers review put me off this so ill have to check what ign are saying. I leaning towards xcom today though so ... Worst and best time of the year for gaming this.

In fairness, Eurogamer are gash these days. They always tend to look at what everyone else has given a game, then do the complete opposite just to get the page views. It used be a good, reputable site - but I don't trust a word they say anymore.

In regards to review sites I personally think IGN are the worst now, with there lets give everything mainstream a 9.

Personally I don't read any review sites, the only reviews that interest me are GT's video reviews but that's purely to get an idea of what a game's substance is rather than their actual opinion on it.

Personally I don't read any review sites, the only reviews that interest me are GT's video reviews but that's purely to get an idea of what a game's substance is rather than their actual opinion on it.

Agreed - the main guy in the GT videos can be quite critical during the actual review, even if their scoring is sometimes too high imo.

Its a good game but imo it's far from even being nominated for goty.
This game has no flaws, that's for sure, but there's nothing revolutionary either.
But I've only completed one fourth of the game. My opinion may change...

I don't like this. I've not got the patience at all, and I'm rubbish at it.

I'm sure those who like these types of games will love it.

Have been playing this quite abit this weekend and I am unsure about it. The different ways to complete the missions is quite good, and the world is pretty good but the massive downside is he AI is bad, and the stealth mechanics need alot of work, the problem is it just seems completly luck and not skill if someone sees you or not as sometimes you get seen walking up near them other times you can walk about 20 metres right in front of them and they don't see you.

The story seems alright but nothing amazing.

Also playing it on PC can't help to say the graphics are pretty piss poor, low res console textures, character models that makes Skyrim look good. The PC has been well optimised control wise, but massively let down in regards to graphical improvments.

Back
Top Bottom