PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I hope this A.I. isn't exploitable. My fear is It's like if you are playing with Barca and you keep passing the ball to Messi out wide and after a few minutes the A.I. brings an extra defender over to him does that mean massive holes in the defense now open up that can get exploited by quickly passing the ball around? It would then become an exploitable strategy to keep passing the ball the one player so an extra man comes over and now the defense is out of position if you move the ball quick enough.

well thats the point of that in reality aswell...we'll see how it unfolds. i hope if u receive the ball with Messi and he gets double pressed youll defo will lose the ball with him if you dont pass backwards or u cant pull of a magical dribble

Last edited:
When will this playtest event happen ?

I hope someone records a video from the evenf.

They say adaptive AI is a first in any football game. No it isn't. Teamvision happened long time ago. Unless this is something different and needs more explanation.

I don't get the precise pass part too. Why can't they just make stats 100% relevant and market that instead of all the silly fifa-esque buzzwords?

I hope this A.I. isn't exploitable. My fear is It's like if you are playing with Barca and you keep passing the ball to Messi out wide and after a few minutes the A.I. brings an extra defender over to him does that mean massive holes in the defense now open up that can get exploited by quickly passing the ball around? It would then become an exploitable strategy to keep passing the ball the one player so an extra man comes over and now the defense is out of position if you move the ball quick enough.

That's my biggest concern, also seems konami are using a tactic where they'll introduce something new and good to the game and then a few years later take it out and then a few years later introduce it back in as if its something new, that to me is treating fans like a piece of shit to be honest, like bonyi stated his feelings about the game i dont blame him, i myself have been dedicated to this game from the beginning and supporting it during its worst times, only cos the other game was even worse, but not anymore, will wait and see what there gonna show us next week.

Last edited:
They say adaptive AI is a first in any football game. No it isn't. Teamvision happened long time ago. Unless this is something different and needs more explanation.

I don't get the precise pass part too. Why can't they just make stats 100% relevant and market that instead of all the silly fifa-esque buzzwords?

Jarred Milner ‏@Milni06 9 h
@Adam_Bhatti @officialpes pretty sure that was a 'thing' back on pes 08? Or am I mistaken?

Adam Bhatti
‏@Adam_Bhatti
@Milni06 @officialpes ooooof, that's going back! I believe it was called Teamvision, but it was based on strategies, not individual actions

It will be very hard to trust the previews from the press that are attending, im assuming the only people invited to this event are the same people that gave PES great review scores without mentioning all the faults the game had

Wasn't stuff like real touch, team control: att & def mentality, advanced instructions, and natural player movement all in previous iterations of Pes?
1st touch control in pes13. Att & def mentality (5 settings on the fly) up to pes13. The old skool att & def gameplan arrows for individual players. Barry centre physics in pes14.
Prob a ton more they're reintroducing as 'new' features, but tbh I found it hard to keep reading and keep a straight face after "...passing is an art form in PES..." lol'ing all the way to the demo.

The lighting "seems" to be more natural from those screenshots, which would be a welcome improvement. I'm hoping that precise passing is true to the description and means various factors are taken into consideration. i.e. first touch, passing abilities, body position yada yada yada.

If they've really improved keepers and animations then that should mean that shooting can be taken off the leash.

A nother PC version with DX7? ;)
Let me pray for a DX11 and DX12. :PRAY:

PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC.

So another PS3-Port for PC?? :/
I hope not.

I'm with you guys :CRY:

Wasn't stuff like real touch, team control: att & def mentality, advanced instructions, and natural player movement all in previous iterations of Pes?
1st touch control in pes13. Att & def mentality (5 settings on the fly) up to pes13. The old skool att & def gameplan arrows for individual players. Barry centre physics in pes14.
Prob a ton more they're reintroducing as 'new' features, but tbh I found it hard to keep reading and keep a straight face after "...passing is an art form in PES..." lol'ing all the way to the demo.

Isn't that the point? getting pes back to how they should be.. many of us here in evo web still plays pes 5/6, 2013.. the way they say its a new thing is just marketing talk.. I'm glad they're bringing back great things from the past. And quite excited they are adding more and more animations to the game.

well thats the point of that in reality aswell...we'll see how it unfolds. i hope if u receive the ball with Messi and he gets double pressed youll defo will lose the ball with him if you dont pass backwards or u cant pull of a magical dribble

Yea my point was, say you are down a goal in the 75th minute and you are having trouble breaking the A.I. down. Do you then start passing to someone like Messi a winger, play him the ball constantly then pass it back to a defender or midfielder then play it back to Messi and after a few times the A.I. starts bringing an extra defender over to Messi you kept passing too then you quickly switch play and exploit that A.I. change to get into a better goal scoring opportunity... if that makes sense? I just don't want it to be exploitable.

Yea my point was, say you are down a goal in the 75th minute and you are having trouble breaking the A.I. down. Do you then start passing to someone like Messi a winger, play him the ball constantly then pass it back to a defender or midfielder then play it back to Messi and after a few times the A.I. starts bringing an extra defender over to Messi you kept passing too then you quickly switch play and exploit that A.I. change to get into a better goal scoring opportunity... if that makes sense? I just don't want it to be exploitable.

Pretty sure you give it to Messi the first time, while he's only got 1 defender on him and just run at the defence. I don't think the situation you described is the exploit. To knock it around so that Messi, your best player, creates space for a lesser player to run into space from a deeper position doesn't sound like it will be a problem.

My biggest gripe with this is if it will be implemented nicely where it can adapt to the way you play but not change the style of the team too much where the team does not play their way anymore...

But like all press-releases of games, it always looks attractive on paper. The question comes when we find out how much is actually changed and if its a good game with everything implemented well....

...seems like the pics are from 2016, with excessive leaning of players etc.. I really hope that with the new animations comes better player physics when the players are in action (running, turning etc.) ATM they are leaning way too much which is the thing that has really ruined pes16 for me lately. Great that we are getting some early news though :)

Cant be so simple, just cant. Then everyone could exploit like passing to the keeper only in the first half so the opp will double press the keeper so then you can move forward easily. Altough i finally want to get rid of that glitch where u can just stand with the ball on your own half without pressure.

3 of 5 screenshots in 1080p

PES-2017.png

PES-2017-1.png

PES-2017-2.png

Screenshots are not representative of PC version.
According to what we've seen with PES 2015 and PES 2016, they should.
I'd still give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until they say that PC is once again different from PS4 and XB1 (if it is, of course) before jumping to this conclusion also this year, though.

I don't have a problem with the graphics - I think they're great (and I prefer them to FIFA's, certainly).

But when your press release says:

Nothing has been left untouched, from player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped. Never has a game looked so real.

...and people can't tell the difference between the screenshots of your last game and this one, then all the other stuff suddenly smells like toooootal bullshit...

To be honest, those screenshots could be any PES from the last few years.

From what I can see they still haven't found a way to implement dynamic weather and day/night circle of MGSV into PES. So we are stuck with the splash effects on the pitch, drops on camera and rain filters during replays.

I am in particular curious about those new game-modes.
Some pro-club clone please? ;)
Would be too good to be true :SMUG:

@Adam_Bhatti @officialpes pretty sure that was a 'thing' back on pes 08? Or am I mistaken?

Adam Bhatti
‏@Adam_Bhatti
@Milni06 @officialpes ooooof, that's going back! I believe it was called Teamvision, but it was based on strategies, not individual actions

Thanks.

Hopefully it's the case.

Cant be so simple, just cant. Then everyone could exploit like passing to the keeper only in the first half so the opp will double press the keeper so then you can move forward easily. Altough i finally want to get rid of that glitch where u can just stand with the ball on your own half without pressure.

Yea we'll see. I hope you are right. I hope none of the stuff is gimmicky and it works how we all think it should. Allowing community to play it this early is pretty cool. Atleast shows confidence they believe in the product.

A couple of us hopped on a podcast to discuss the press release. Fair, balanced, cautiously optimistic and Gerd it was very substantive and serious there were no penis jokes just for you buddy :)

http://www.footy-united.com/podcasts

Adam Bhatti
‏@Adam_Bhatti

His integrity is shot to bits. He was great as a fan and he's done a lot of the series but he's become a Konami drone. He knows full well what Team vision is, so in case anyone forgot...

"Teamvision is a sophisticated AI programming that learns and adapts according to an individual's style of play. As such, it will learn new ways to build attacks and to counter specific movements and previous attacking or defensive errors, ensuring games are more in line with the tactical but flowing nature of the real thing."

Bhatti lies. I dont belive him. For 8 years he lies community. The same he said years ago about keepers.

5194299+_2bb23e1d25aa72bd9a5274eee419d8db.jpg

Every one should be put Adam alone and wait for the game, i don´t wanna see a nother game being pressed by the konami and release a nother awfull and very annoying cpu gameplay everytime you lose on a easy match. :))
Thank god we have gameplay tools.
Konami is responsible to give us a letter and request what need to be fixed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom