NBA 2K12 - The G.O.A.T. Revisited

I don't watch a lot of bball, but picked up this game based on all the good word of mouth. It is incredibly smooth and looks like the real thing. The controls are too complicated for me though. There are like a million different button combinations! I went through the new training mode and gave up remembering anything after dribbling.

so onlines broken yet again? why is it soo difficult to make a bug free stable Online sports game when FPS games that are more demanding are usually bug free and sometimes have 32-64 players for an online match?

this is BBALL for fucksakes, 10 player max in a MP game and still they cant get it right?

Anyone started a My Player yet? What's the AI like if so?

Here! Just made a couple of games, can't tell you too much but I think the AI is as perfect as is in the other modes.

By the way, guess who picked me.
nba2k12myplayerknickssmg.jpg

:DANCE:

Here! Just made a couple of games, can't tell you too much but I think the AI is as perfect as is in the other modes.

By the way, guess who picked me.
nba2k12myplayerknickssmg.jpg

:DANCE:

Oh, no, the special one takes New York. I'll have to put my player on the pacers and teach your Knicks one or two things...

Anyone have some tips for a new player to the series?

First thing is to try and make what players usually do. Try to play with players you have watched on TV, because they are good on what they do in real life.

Don't rush plays, don't spam sprint button, try first to play simple basketball. Move the ball, pass to the mane alone, jump shoot.

In deffense, try to be aware of the overall movements. It's hard to stop a play and to avoid the opponent to score, but that's also in real life. Don't spam the steal button, try to make them shoot in difficult positions. It's more an exercise of containing.

Learn the post moves. They're very powerful if you play with a great PF like Garnett, Gasol, Randolph...

If you're finding it too difficult, just lower the AI. And finally, practice plays, practice movements and practice different kinds of shoots. It's a very deep game, so you won't own it in a few days. Simply enjoy the learning.

The key is trying to replicate what works in real world.

Oh, no, the special one takes New York. I'll have to put my player on the pacers and teach your Knicks one or two things...

Thanks God Reggie Miller mode isn't available! :LOL:

@sincover You just have to follow what Drekkard told (besides the Knicks thing of course), those are very good tips imo. Moreover, I would suggest you to do that tutorial with MJ, it's very usefull to learn a few good moves.

Last edited:
Damn you, I was hoping there'd be a reason for me not to get this game. Looks like I'm gonna be skint again :(

Who did you bribe TSO and what position are you this year?

Who did you bribe TSO and what position are you this year?

:LOL: Mike D'Antoni is a friend of mine thus he called me in the first place. Besides, I'm a crappy defender and a good 3pt shooter so I have all the condiments to play for the Knicks. I'm a PG but struggling to get minutes in that position because of the good old Billups. As a result, I've been playing mostly at SG or... well, benched. :(

Just play shit in the Rookie Showcase, you'll get drafted lower down I guess.

Yea, basically this. Hadn't the exhibition I would like then in the mock draft I was #18, eventually moved to #17 mainly because I praised the Knicks during the pre-draft interview. The Wizards and the Bobcats also approached me but I rejected them both (in fact, I had a slight interested in Washington but then the Knicks came after me :D).

Last edited:
Besides, TSO, even if you manage to make it to the pitch, Melo and Stoudamire will shoot everything and you won't even smell the ball, isn't it?

It would be great to be like this, as that's what would happen in real life. So the wizards would have been a much better pick. Oh, I know, the charm of the Madison...

Besides, TSO, even if you manage to make it to the pitch, Melo and Stoudamire will shoot everything and you won't even smell the ball, isn't it?

It would be great to be like this, as that's what would happen in real life. So the wizards would have been a much better pick. Oh, I know, the charm of the Madison...

:COAT:

The fact is, in my first game at MSG we faced the Miami Heat and I barely had the ball. :LOL:

I wouldn't mind Washington to be fair but they already have Wall for the future thus I guess I have a slight chance to make it in NYC after Billups retires. And you know, the appeal of the big apple was huge, here I have the Empire State Building, the Central Park, the Rockfeller Center, Kate Beckett, etc. :P

I know I will be traded to New Orleans in exchange of Paul rather sooner than later! :LOL:

DAMN YOU STUDENT LIFESTYLE

I promise I won't play this next week, oh I promise! :PRAY:

I read this comment on another forum.
NBA Greatest mode is just a blast.

The sound effects they have for the late 60's/early 70's games is just amazing and the insight you get about the past during commnatry is just incredible.

I asked but got response from them so I'll ask here.

What effects are they talking about? Is the screen all 'old fail grain' or something?

I read this comment on another forum.

I asked but got response from them so I'll ask here.

What effects are they talking about? Is the screen all 'old fail grain' or something?

the game has sound and visual effects reflecting that specific time.

for example, games from 60s and 70s are in sephia mode.

also games from 80s are in little blured.

REDUCED textures and lighting on the PC?! Because the PC isn't capable? Bloody hell.

REDUCED textures and lighting on the PC?! Because the PC isn't capable? Bloody hell.

no one understand why did they do it.

but it's only on players models. all other visuals are the same.

in the end, graphics are not most important. gameplay is priority and this time it's simply stunning, awesome, amazing like never before. the best basketball on pc i ever played. the best sports game i ever played also.

I found this on another site.

There are still a lot of key differences between the PC version of NBA 2K12 and the Console version.

- Online still forces you to play on Low Graphic Quality settings (same as 2K11 & 2K10)
- The console’s Lighting Engine did not make it into the PC version again this year
- The Custom Arena Music feature is not in the PC version
- Courts are inaccurate for non-US versions of the game
- There are no alternate control schemes
- No way to unlock Classic Warriors or Kings teams
- We cannot edit any of the iff files yet

In a nutshell, there are a few graphic differences but zero regarding to gameplay as MadbaLL said. I don't mind it to be honest, there are plenty of add-ons to improve your graphics. I would recommend you to check nbaspot.com, you will find a lot of ways to edit your game.

That's shocking really, at least there are mods I guess. Thanks for the replies.

I was was drafted as the number 16 pick in the first round draft by the Houston Rockets!

The Houston Rockets pick 21 year old Shooting Guard from George Mason University, Jose Flores!

Last edited:
Its tends to be less sharper than the 360 version and online isn't 60fps.

Online Association impressions, doesn't sound good.

I heard online sucks this year because of the servers. I might still pick this game up though and do a classic roster set again since my 2011 classic roster was a top 10 download and I'm not really feeling Battlefield this year.

I was was drafted as the number 16 pick in the first round draft by the Houston Rockets!

The Houston Rockets pick 21 year old Shooting Guard from George Mason University, Jose Flores!

I was drafted by the Rockets too! I have played around 8 matches with them, and they are utterly crap! Hard to win matches because we're being raped in the paint all the time. In attack, it's hard to complete good moves because teammates are quite average. Out of Budinger shootinf from far and Martin doing something sometimes...

The good side of it is that I feel I can easily get into the starting 5, seeing how crap they are. The board promised me they would be signing hot prospects. Let's see... Right now it's a 4-8 record and far from playoffs positions. Just as expected.

I had to contain Chris Paul in a match during 4 minutes and I was owned...

Back
Top Bottom