PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Dudes seriously what are you guys expecting at this early stage

The trailer we just got, not surprised, just that the first "trailer" was overkill.

Don't really know what to make of it, the animations seem nice, graphically it looks good too, but is that in-game? Because surely the lighting won't be like that in a match.

Anyway back to Pro Active Waiting.

Last edited:

Things from this trailer (more of another teaser tbh):

1- Player ID (Individuality?)
2- PES full control (full manual?)
3- Pro Active AI (Probably enhanced Active AI)
4- Redeveloped keepers
5- Response defending
6- Dynamic first touch
7- Full manual one-two (?)
8- Player Individuality
9- 360 controls
10- Vision
11- Full freedom
12- Full manual shooting
13- Chants
14- New defensive system
15- Dummy runs
16- Power shots

They've said "in game", and what they've showed us is a digital C. Ronaldo runnig and doing those stupid things he does that has nothing related to what we expect from PES; that would be a nice trailer for a FIFA

Full Manual Shooting and Full Manual Passing:
PES 2013 offers fully manual passing and for the first time ever manual shooting, allowing users to determine the height and power of each. Long low passes can be sent skimming across the pitch, while shooting the user has total control over where the shot is placed. Skill and precision are needed to master these, but passes can be made into open areas, allowing lone strikers to thrive, while offering an unrivalled variety in ways to score.

A great feature, yes? :BOP:

Last edited:

Very rough comparison photo between my PES 2012 PC (Though modified) and the new screenshots. For what it's worth:

http://www.abload.de/img/ronaldopescbo10.jpg

Pretty pleased with the list of improvements, I think arguably the manual part is the one that could make or break the game, so should be interesting to see how it's implemented.

Last edited:

Player ID focuses on the individual elements and movements that each player boasts:
Player Individuality:
The very best players in PES 2013 will be instantly recognisable via incredible likeness and signature attributes, skills and tricks that bring them to life. The way they run, turn, trap and move the ball, shape to shoot and even celebrate will be noticeably different during play.
The way they run, turn, trap and move the ball, shape to shoot and even celebrate will be noticeably different during play.
Ha :D i was right :P cool !

The turf look shocking good.. its hard to belive its in the game

Last edited:

Not a bad trailer, oddly i dont think it was as good as their last one. If this is in-game as Konami are saying it's got a huge upgrade in graphics which was badly needed. I guess there is nothing else you can say about it as there really wasn't much to go on.

Makes me wonder ... if that represents ingame quality gfx, how will PS3 cope with it?

I like the trailer as it shows directly what we would like to see improved, the look and feel of the players and they seem to get the look and animation of Christiano Ronaldo to be nearly like the real thing and that's very good in my book.

If they can extend this to most players, that would be awesome.

It still looks a bit stiff though, if you see the real Ronaldo starting his run you see he is bending his body and his head is differently positioned until he reaches his top-speed where he gets more straight and his kit is floating around him dynamically... in game the kit is like glued on...

The next good thing in the trailer are the features promised at the end... full manual passing (hopefully that means crossing as well), full manual shooting (hopefully with the option to use without L2), redeveloped goalkeepers, vision (!), better first-touch-capabilities, new defense-mechanism...

Great, just what the doctor ordered, now it only depends how good all that will be in the full game.

Last edited:

while using L2 while shooting will give the user total control over where the pass or shot is placed.

This is from press release

i think it's good they decided to put full manual as optional, but i hope the normal shots are a lot more free now

Just like 2011, they release a fancy debut trailer, with awesome animation and transitions, but then the final game ends up looking nothing like it.

But we haven't seen 2013 yet ;) So we can't say it's the same.

Don't be so pessimistic will you.

Also, I think 2011's was cgi, while this isn't, I guess?

Ha :D i was right :P cool !

The turf look shocking good.. its hard to belive its in the game

This is why im sceptical about Jon Murphy's comments about it being in game, The Messi trailer had amazing looking grass yet the game had poor grass.

Didn't Jon Murphy say that this trailer featured game footage and live footage? His words, not mine.

They said the same thing about the debut for 2011 btw, that that's how the game looked in motion. Hell, I remember listening to a podcast where those people at WENB couldn't get over themselves with excitement over it.

I'm not the one making stuff up, they're the ones claiming that these trailers are game footage.

Btw, just got this e-mail:

Dear PES-players,
We're writing to you as you participated – along with tens of thousands of other dedicated PES players from around the world – in our feedback survey.

We are changing and improving many features and aspects of PES this year and most of them have been specifically requested by fans like you.

We want to personally express our gratitude for your support and explain to you how your input has influenced this year’s development.

For example, you rated goalkeepers slightly above average to good – in other words: not good enough for PES. A common complaint about goalies concerned the lack of animations. Many of you also criticized how long it takes to bring the ball back into play after the goalkeeper catches the ball. To address the situation we sought advice from pro keepers and worked hard on AI. The result: far more options, many new animations and even different play styles.

Another example of how your feedback helped: many of you stated you prefer playing PES 2012 without use of any pass support. This inspired us to enable optional full manual passing and shooting. Thanks to new PES FullControl you can precisely place shots exactly where you want - if you can master the skills required of course!

Those are just a couple of examples of how your comments have helped. Visit our official website www.konami-pes2013.com later today to read more about our plans for this year. Keep checking back and we'll update you with exciting info screens as soon as they're ready.

So stay with us, follow us on facebook.com/PES, subscribe to our YouTube channel on www.youtube.com/officialpes and you'll be among the first to learn about all the exciting news we'll have in the run up to the game release this autumn.

Again thanks for participating in the survey and giving our development team suggestions to make PES 2013 the most beautiful game. We're delighted to have such a great fan base that motivates us to work even harder to provide you with the best football experience!

Last edited:

IMO, The transition between step over and shot at the end is too smooth to be in actual game though.. even 2k and EA have not produce anything close like that yo my knowledge..

However, i join the optimistic sides that overall animation will have different looks and feel in general.. It always change 2010 --> 2011 --> 2012 for the better or worse :P

Things from this trailer (more of another teaser tbh):

1- Player ID (Individuality?)
2- PES full control (full manual?)
3- Pro Active AI (Probably enhanced Active AI)
4- Redeveloped keepers
5- Response defending
6- Dynamic first touch
7- Full manual one-two (?)
8- Player Individuality
9- 360 controls
10- Vision
11- Full freedom
12- Full manual shooting
13- Chants
14- New defensive system
15- Dummy runs
16- Power shots

lol again no news about new stamina system, :FAIL:

For example, you rated goalkeepers slightly above average to good

LOL, understatement of the year. It's more like extremely under average:

Yesterday the goalkeeper came out of his line to approach an attacker which is fine, the attacker makes a highball, which is fine, the keeper is beaten, which is fine... then a fieldplayer in my team runs towards the ball to clear it before it goes over the goalline, which is fine... he gets there in the nick of time and positions his body to shoot the ball away, which is fine... but then he gets fouled from behind and he misses the ball, which is also fine... except... it was ... my goalkeeper doing the fouling, trying to get at the ball, LOL, which is definitely not fine:RANT:.

The goalkeepers this year are a catastrophy.

The press release sounds good but i will always take anything from konami with a pinch of salt now, they have broken my heart too much.

Hope the animations like the running animations have improved alot, if the keeper animations have improved like they are saying then it will be a good day for pes.

Am i the only one who has the power gauge? i find it too small and it looks ugly, wish they would change it.

Didn't Jon Murphy say that this trailer featured game footage and live footage? His words, not mine.

They said the same thing about the debut for 2011 btw, that that's how the game looked in motion. Hell, I remember listening to a podcast where those people at WENB couldn't get over themselves with excitement over it.

I'm not the one making stuff up, they're the ones claiming that these trailers are game footage.
Yea he said live as in real footage plus game footage, which I'm hoping is in-game.

I don't remember him saying anything like that for 2011 though.
IMO, The transition between step over and shot at the end is too smooth to be in actual game though.. even 2k and EA have not produce anything close like that yo my knowledge..

However, i join the optimistic sides that overall animation will have different looks and feel in general.. It always change 2010 --> 2011 --> 2012 for the better or worse :P
True. I always like to stay optimistic, but not overly.
lol again no news about new stamina system, :FAIL:
I'm hoping we'll hear about this in next releases/videos. This press release doesn't cover everything, just buzz keywords for now to grab attention.

So you have to hold L2 for a manual shot? When you play someone online how do you know they are using manual shooting aswell if it isnt enforced through an option pre-game?

Has anyone watched that Abomination of a video? The in game dribbling Footage highlights a flaw straight away like..... the ball physics look crap! A football does not move like that in a perfect straight line when dribbled! what are they playing at!

Pffft, total control over movement and the ball? OK that tells us nothing.

I don't like how they define individuality as the distinguishing factors between top players, i.e. animations etc.

Not impressed but obviously not written it off either. Too many buzzwords, zero substance.

edit; actually the new dribbling sounds nice, but then again that was probably the area they least needed to improve. The PR is just a shoddy attempt at EA's approach. 'Full Control' could easily be splashed across the back of a FIFA box.

Last edited:

'Game footage' can mean a lot of things. It might just be part of the intro footage that we'll see in the menu screens this year, but I'll go on record now saying that categorically will NOT be in-game footage of match graphics. It's just a rendered video.

Frankly if the game looked that good during an actual match, it'll need to be on a totally new engine, which we aren't getting, and will probably need to be on a new console, which isn't out for ages.

Not sure why it irks me so much, but every year eveyone gets tricked by rendered CGI videos and think it's in-game.

'Game footage' can mean a lot of things. It might just be part of the intro footage that we'll see in the menu screens this year, but I'll go on record now saying that categorically will NOT be in-game footage of match graphics. It's just a rendered video.

Frankly if the game looked that good during an actual match, it'll need to be on a totally new engine, which we aren't getting, and will probably need to be on a new console, which isn't out for ages.

Not sure why it irks me so much, but every year eveyone gets tricked by rendered CGI videos and think it's in-game.

Can you blame people for thinking it's ingame when Konami tell everybody it's ingame the night before?

Tbh Ronaldo model looks believable (no way will the grass look like that ingame) and if it's not ingame and it is CGI then it's incredibly poor by todays standards especially when you see trailers like the Dishonoured one.

Last edited:

I don't know, but I don't see it that much different than last year's game footage. Also 2012's intro is much like in-game. So I don't see why this is any different. And I really don't see it that mind-blowing, next-gen(ish) tbh.

Back
Top Bottom