Heavy Rain - PS3

Whoops... Just made that woman burst into tears. Didn't think you could push her that far.
-

Also - when that guy goes to beat her up, I left her alone for a while before going to the door instead of running over right away. Funnily enough her face was more bruised and battered.

Hmmm, first time I played she had some tears in the face when I talked to her, but she didn't burst into tears. Gonna try this. Not that I like making women cry, though.

I love that everyone has got a different story in here, and all from just one scene really!

IGN and Eurogamer have given this a 9/10. Or so I'm told. I've no idea what they liked and hated because I don't want to go looking at reviews because I know for a fact they will be plebs and spoil part of the story.

Even if they think they're not, they will. Something like 'And in one scene, without spoiling anything for you. The cat we thought was dead, made us jump out of our chair when it jumped forwards as we reached for it'.

Things like that I just want to stumble into myself. The demo has already tainted the 'Sleezy Place' scene for us all now so I don't want any more. It's not ruined it, but none of us will play that scene and do everything the same way we did on our very first play through.

I'll have to remember to get the spoiler boxes out when saying how 'On the 4th scene... I just did this and then I chose this and I couldn't believe it when..."

IGN and Eurogamer have given this a 9/10. Or so I'm told. I've no idea what they liked and hated because I don't want to go looking at reviews because I know for a fact they will be plebs and spoil part of the story.

Even if they think they're not, they will. Something like 'And in one scene, without spoiling anything for you. The cat we thought was dead, made us jump out of our chair when it jumped forwards as we reached for it'.

Things like that I just want to stumble into myself. The demo has already tainted the 'Sleezy Place' scene for us all now so I don't want any more. It's not ruined it, but none of us will play that scene and do everything the same way we did on our very first play through.

I'll have to remember to get the spoiler boxes out when saying how 'On the 4th scene... I just did this and then I chose this and I couldn't believe it when..."

Indeed,
read the first part and they already confirmed something I would have wanted to find out for myself........

1265958450975.jpg

Exclusives are wank

Dumb fuckers are losing themselves money as well

Indeed, although it all depends on how much Sony pay them for the exclusive rights. Uncharted and Little Big Planet publishers would have made so much more if it was multiplatform, but other games do pretty well.

But they are clearly not looking for the money, Coopz.
David Cage said that he is extlemy proud that his game is exclusive to Sony. They trusted him and he could do the game he dreamt without having to deal with cross plateforms issues.

Heavy Rain director David Cage has said that his upcoming PS3-exclusive would not be able to run on Microsoft's console

When asked if Heavy Rain would be possible on the Xbox 360 Cage told us he "didn't think so," as the game takes specific advantage of the PS3's hardware capabilities.

"I think this game can only be done on Playstation 3," he said. "We used all the SPUs.

"I think to do the visuals, and all the stuff we’re doing would be too difficult [on the 360]. There are amazing physics there, and stuff with crowds that you just couldn’t really get."

Heavy Rain is scheduled to hit PS3 later in the year. Check back soon for our latest interview with David Cage. For more info on the game follow the link for the exhaustive Heavy Rain interview we conducted with Cage earlier in the year.

But they are clearly not looking for the money, Coopz.
David Cage said that he is extlemy proud that his game is exclusive to Sony. They trusted him and he could do the game he dreamt without having to deal with cross plateforms issues.

He would say that wouldn't he though?

You cant bite the hand that feeds you

It is the best way as you say but forking out £200+ for a console to play 3-4 games on is just ridiculous

This wouldn't be a problem is this stupid "exclusive" lark wasn't about.

At the end of the day we all want to play the best games and the choice of console we play the game on should be the only factor. Its better for us and them

It is the best way as you say but forking out £200+ for a console to play 3-4 games on is just ridiculous

This wouldn't be a problem is this stupid "exclusive" lark wasn't about.

At the end of the day we all want to play the best games and the choice of console we play the game on should be the only factor. Its better for us and them

Don't mean to be rude Coopz but this is almost completely wrong. Firstly, do you think your X360 would be nearly as powerful if all console manufacturers agreed to a combined performance spec even 5-6 years ago, let alone 10, 15, 20 years ago?

Secondly, Ninty would have something to say about this.

Last edited:
I'm just talking about the 360 and PS3 which are pretty much the same seeing as nearly every game is out on both apart from these shitty exclusives, so there shouldn't be an issue in making them on both for us all to enjoy

If they both had different games like in the Sega and Nintendo days i wouldn't mind having both but seeing as they both have all the same games apart from ones tied to a console for some reason it makes no sense

Last edited:
You'd struggle to get games like this with the financial backing it's had from its publishers without first party support. Certainly not without a lot of compromise, not least down to the modern day cost of making a game, let alone making two versions for each hardware setup. Plus there's the fact that multi-platform developers tend to go for mass appeal, rather than knowing that they can focus on a more specific type of gamer.

And of course it means that the hardware of each console is not being used as effectively as possible. Look at FIFA of late - 09 ditched the pre-match amble about derby games to make space on the disc, EA insist they can't patch 10 because of restrictions with patching games on the 360, and if I remember rightly the lack of a hard drive on X360 Arcades has been part of EA's excuse for lack of patches and hard drive replay saves as well. None of these would have been a problem for PS3 users but because of the modern day politics of not upsetting the users of one console by giving them significant feature advantages over another, we are missing out.

I can't think of (m)any high cost third party games out this generation with the same level of ambition and creativity as games like LittleBigPlanet and Heavy Rain, and I'm sure X360 owners would say the same of games like Fable.

Obviously there are generic exclusives, and generic first party titles - generic titles are often based on high-selling predecessors - but when third party studios have been playing it as safe and multi-platform as they have this generation, and there's the extra incentive for the publisher of using software to try to shift hardware, there's more of a need to make something unique to get people picking one system over another.

For the record, I don't disagree that the games selections are too similar to warrant owning both consoles. Hopefully Natal and PS 'Arc' will take hold enough to make the two systems diverge a bit more. I've got a monstrous PC and a 360 pad, so I'm happy provided MS don't pull the 'well the PC isn't cinematic' PR bullshit they did with Alan Wake.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom