Heavy Rain - PS3

I will drekkard I'm on my iPhone just now so can't use spoiler tags but will do. Still in awe of the design o this game. Superb.

interesting as I can open the spoilers on my iPhone.

Anyway, hurry back cause we want to hear more on how your story panned out :-D

i so wanna play this game, but i don't own a PS3

can't even borrow one :S

i posted in the PS3 section regarding a deal on a PS3 250gb, heavy rain and uncharted 2 as these games are supposed to be great

i can never keep interest on games, i am not so into all action and difficult controls, i love a good story to keep me interested.

this heavy rain actually looks like a game i may play till the end.

am i crazy if i buy a PS3 just to play this and uncharted 2?

Bitter; except COD4 I've never kept enough interest in a game until Unchartered 2 and now this.

I was thinking just yesterday that these two games PLUS blu-ray means you have to do it in my opinion.

They are my two favourite non football games ever!

i always revert back to fifa to spend my time playing "a game" as footy is just footy, i love it

i want to play games and actually get involved and enjoy them the same as i do playing fifa, i just haven't been able to thus far

i already own a HTPC which has bluray so can't justify it for that, maybe i could always sell the PS3 at a later date?

ahhh! who can let me borrow a PS3
lol

Well I'm just one bloke who you barely know but you sound just like me when it comes to FIFA compared to other games.

I've never another game that makes me want to play it and work hard to get past bits that I'm "stuck" on but I did with these two.

I loaded FIFA up for the first time last night since before I got HR, normally I jump between other games and FIFA as I need a fix of footy but I didn't with Heavy Rain.

Damn shame you already have a BR player otherwise it'd be a no brainer in my opinion.

yea, but it isn't a show stopper yet...

just checking my amp and hdmi connections. i am maxed out right now for hdmi. but i could move my sky hd box over to component and this will open up a hdmi port for the PS3 hmm

cheers

interesting as I can open the spoilers on my iPhone.

Anyway, hurry back cause we want to hear more on how your story panned out :-D

I can see them but I cant post with them on tapatalk.

Anyway here goes,
Ethan, maddison (escaped the fire through banging through walls and moving stuff) and his kid all alive, they end up all living together in a flash appartment in the end.

Laura drowns in the car where scott shelby escapes, Scott Shelby is shot by ethan at the end and norman quits his job and nowt else happens to him.
++

any questions about my run through??

Last edited:
Hi Cowden, some questions:

Ethan shot Shelby??? Wasn't it Norman?

That implies Norman wasn't present at the end then? He quits the fbi? How was his last secene?

Did you succeeded with all the trials of ethan or it was Madison who tells him the adress of the hangar?

See this is why this game is a must - Bitter take note that Drekkard has finished the game twice over, me once and on my second run, and neither of us has experienced the story unfold like Cowden has.

For me, the destiny for all four main characters was totally different and the overall final conclusion was too.

i so wanna play this game, but i don't own a PS3

can't even borrow one :S

i posted in the PS3 section regarding a deal on a PS3 250gb, heavy rain and uncharted 2 as these games are supposed to be great

i can never keep interest on games, i am not so into all action and difficult controls, i love a good story to keep me interested.

this heavy rain actually looks like a game i may play till the end.

am i crazy if i buy a PS3 just to play this and uncharted 2?

Don't forget Gran Turismo as well, that should be a brilliant game

yea, but it isn't a show stopper yet...

just checking my amp and hdmi connections. i am maxed out right now for hdmi. but i could move my sky hd box over to component and this will open up a hdmi port for the PS3 hmm

cheers

And if you want something to play with your girlfriend/ wife, Little Big Planet is the best game you could have. LBP is a joy of a game, actually. And TEAM ICO may release someday is next jewel. Did you play "Shadow of the Colosus"

drekkard said:
Hi Cowden, some questions:

Ethan shot Shelby??? Wasn't it Norman?

That implies Norman wasn't present at the end then? He quits the fbi? How was his last secene?

Did you succeeded with all the trials of ethan or it was Madison who tells him the adress of the hangar?

No Norman wasn't there, he had a final cutscene handing in his badge.

I got them all with ethan bar the butterfly challenge. Ethan found out about the address himself seperatly from maddison who got it from shelby

Ethan found it out from the challenges and I picked the right location from 3 on the satnav. You can hear ships in the background of the video so I picked the docks. hangar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't played that. That's why I'm craving for backward compatibility. I'm afraid that'll never happen. We'll get most of them sold on PSN..

Oh this and ICO are some of the best games ever made. Truly artistic masterpieces.

I left Lauren to take a beating last night (I'm trying to do virtually everything different to last time) and I now wonder what the repercussions for this are going to be.

I've also decided to go cold-turkey throughout too to see what happens.

Can't wait to get back to this tonight.

Enjoying it just as much as the first time.

As someone who has broken a rib twice, I know the suffering, specially when you're about to cough, it's hell falling upon you. Maybe it's not the most ideal game emotionally to play with broken ribs,, but much better than the button mashing god of war. And, let's face it, good things must hurt a little.

I cross my fingers expecting you to enjoy it very much!

hehe thanks guys

well i have been working with the cracked ribs, even hammering clips into a wall, drilling and general IT based stuff. Doc told me to take a week off for rest but i said it is not the right time to as work is having a bit of a shake up right now. So he has given me a note for work to say no lifting, bending or physical work

maybe i should of as i would have time to play this game.

anyways just been to my local asda which i phoned today (was told on the phone they had if bought with a top game a ps3 250gb slim @ £217 plus the game. worked out about £260. i went to get it and turned out it was the 120gb version and top game instead. i even opted for that as i wanna play this game, he went off to get the 120gb console and............

they didn't have any. so after trying to get the 250gb in it's replace for the same price. i went home with nothing

i will order one online instead or have a look at what offer argos are doing, i want one tomorrow now instead

Broken ribs might get in the way of playing this... or the other way around. The main example I'm thinking of is sometimes you have to jerk your joypad left or right or up/down quickly and sometimes back and forth left to right or up/down.

I could imagine that aggravating your ribs.

I'm trading this today.

Had it for a week now and it's just so underwhelming to play...

Sitting watching cut scenes with the occasional button press doesn't constitute to a video game in my eyes.

Metal Gear's cut scenes were an interuption to some excellent action, here with Heavy Rain it's more like reading a book with the occasional page turn.

Your never in control of the game, the game controls you.

Each to their own but I was left feeling very disapointed by this.

THERES A THING CALLED SPOILERS YOU IMBECILE! THINK OF THE PEOPLE YET TO PLAY IT. FFS!

i'm glad i read your post first BillyBoy, i started reading King dey's then the capital letters drew my attention away.

going to be playing this in a couple of weeks

i made a thread in the site/staff section asking for it. hopefully it'll find the attention of a mod rather than us sending pm's to mods and hoping they happen to come online

Back
Top Bottom