FIFA 13

The game is still tragic fast even after the update. WTF is EA doing? Cant they see it?

Are they happy with the product as it is? They have thousands of complains about the speed...

how to make gameplay slower (pc version)? i tried both "slow" and "normal" setting and there is no much difference between those two. the game is freakin' fast.

any clues how to solve it?

If you are using PC version, there is an easy solution:
One guy has created a small mod for slowing the game down. It works great. Unlike sliders, it slows down everything. Of course, sounds still play in normal speed. I have been using it for a while and it's great :WORSHIP:.
When I play without it, the game feels like its on fast forward. :DOH:
Link:
http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175862

Alternatively, you can try the free program "game speed changer"; it probably does the same thing (I didn't try it).

Quick question: I play a lot of Mathday Live Fixtures and for some reason the teams are now always starting on 'swap wings' and 'high pressure' instead of default tactics for each team, even when I haven't touched anything for that team.

Anyone know why? It hasn't got anything to do with setting custom tactics for another team in another match?

Quick question: I play a lot of Mathday Live Fixtures and for some reason the teams are now always starting on 'swap wings' and 'high pressure' instead of default tactics for each team, even when I haven't touched anything for that team.

Anyone know why? It hasn't got anything to do with setting custom tactics for another team in another match?
As I posted on the previous page, I believe that's just a mis-leading UI bug. I don't think those tactics are active, the UI graphic just makes it look like they are.

If you are using PC version, there is an easy solution:
One guy has created a small mod for slowing the game down. It works great. Unlike sliders, it slows down everything. Of course, sounds still play in normal speed. I have been using it for a while and it's great :WORSHIP:.
When I play without it, the game feels like its on fast forward. :DOH:
Link:
http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175862

Alternatively, you can try the free program "game speed changer"; it probably does the same thing (I didn't try it).

any other way than that?

i don't like that tool and its installation procedure.

any other way than that?

i don't like that tool and its installation procedure.

Only by editing the database but that is a lot of work and you can't edit the speed of animations during the game. You can only edit player attributes.
Slow faster is completey safe (I have checked it with avast, windows defender and I use it without any problems).
Maybe try the program "game speed changer"...

I'm sure turning down the speed and acceleration sliders turns the game into a goal-fest. I tried to make the game a slow, defensive game so I turned speed down to 35, acceleration down to 38, marking up to 100, line height down to 40, ball speed to 40, 1st touch error to 60. I played a match on world class and lost 5-2 and another and lost 4-0. Then i played the same match on pro and won 4-1.

Also my settings coupled with world class difficulty made the computer's ball control speed and accuracy overly high. There really needs to be a slider for that.

Last edited:
I hear you ;).

I actually find that no-one knows how to edit sliders at all. All of them are trial-error thing.

Thus why there is so much variety in those...

However, I found something is fishy.

I lowered Pass and Shot error for AI to 25 and 40 respectively. Then put sprint on 0 and acceleration on 41.

Put the pass speed to 40. Run frequency to 0. Marking to 80.

All for AI. Lowered the Width, Length and Height sliders to 30 for all. Fullbacks left at 50 and First Touch Error to 30.

Goalkeepers left at 50. Injury Freq on 80 Severity on 45.

Like I said, ALL FOR CPU.

Then went to watch AI vs AI games unfold on Legendary difficulty, Normal Game Speed (IT'S A MUST with those sliders).

If you want to see what it does... Try it.

I found passes are misplaced, shots do go astray, the game has more realistic, down to Earth pace, the AI passes the ball around in midfield and defenders more, they do play according to CTTs they have set by EA Sports.

This is the most amusing thing I tested and tried in a while...

Actually who would have thought that watching AI matches could be fun? O_O

I think I have AI sliders nailed now. Should be hard to beat, but not impossible ;).

This little experiment proved worthwhile at least...

I saw that but... are you certain it's not actually changing the tactic? It might just be a UI bug where the indicator is stuck on one of them.

I guess you could try creating two completely opposite tactics and then see if you can switch between them by judging what you see on the field. It might just be a problem with the UI graphic.

Yes nerf...
I try diferent tatics And sadly the game are real changing the tatics for me...
Fuck!!
This game has alo the technology to be amazing but there things that broke entire game...
Bugs, game speed, fast turns in any direction, no change formations in real time, little amount of slots for save formation, little amount of fauls And for me the ausence of the dynamic one two ( present in pes2013) are a game breaker for me...
But specially the ridiculous fast speed with hilarious fast turns!
WHy ea, whyyy?

I checked new cameras for FIFA13 and one is just unbelieveble, like in tv.
Create cl.ini with notepad, paste code below and place it in game folder:

//Camera
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_BROADCAST =0.06
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_BROADCAST =200.1
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST =0.060
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST =200.1
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_COOP=0.05
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_COOP=200.1
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELE =0.06
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC_V2 =0.05
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC =0.05
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_END_TO_END =210.1
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_END_TO_END =0.025

I recommend to select in game telebroadcast or dynamic for this code (height/zoom acc. to your preference).

Last edited:
I'm actually enjoying FUT this year, I am trying to make a whole team of Brazilians, but the not so good ones, as they are cheaper (I think the most I have paid is 5000 for a player, all of the best Brazilians seem to be over 20,000 mark?!. But it is working out really well.

Offline is what I am playing at the moment, but there doesn't seem to be a manual option for online? I can't see it, it just tries to find an opponent for me, so I guess that could be anybody on any settings. That is a bit of a let down. (But there might be not that many manual players on FUT anyway?)

Played another game pushing the computer's run frequency down to 30 (mine stayed default). We both had the same number of shots off target (11) and 5 & 4 on target respectively. The computer played like a person rather than a robot looking to run into the box constantly.

It played so much better and only ended 2-1 (as opposed to the frantic 5-2 game i played on World Class yesterday).

One thing that becomes clear when you lower the speed settings is that there's more room around the pitch to work the ball round. You can't abuse being able to run into space easily to tackle a player or take a loose pass. Space is actually open space. You have more time in tighter areas, especially around the box. Players feel sturdy. There's definitely less colliding into each other in order to scrappily win the ball.

One issue is that the CPU defenders are very static. I can go past them quite easily using the right stick, though they do catch me up more often than not. You definitely get an initial 5 yards a bit too easily. I guess it's largely due to them taking more time to accelerate from an almost stationery position in comparison to my player who is moving with the ball already.

Last edited:
One issue is that the CPU defenders are very static. I can go past them quite easily using the right stick, though they do catch me up more often than not. You definitely get an initial 5 yards a bit too easily. I guess it's largely due to them taking more time to accelerate from an almost stationary position in comparison to my player who is moving with the ball already.
Yes, I get the impression that this is a side effect of lowering the speed/accel values too much. The AI is tuned to operating with those at the default level, and when you start to stray further and further below 50 you begin to find it too easy to burst past AI defenders.

I agree that the AI plays a better game with reduced Run Frequency.

Camp Nou import is not yet 100% sorted. Still some big bugs ATM. Sorted soonish, hopefully.

Hi guys when managing an international team in Career Mode can you choose who ever you want in the squad or do they give you only the countries form players at the time to choose from?

I believe you can choose any, even really crap players.

Thanks mate :) by the way have you run into the issue where once you've edited a players boots he no longer wears skins etc in wet weather?? I've almost played a complete season as Everton and not a single member of my squad have played in skins etc during rain/snow. Just annoying really :( I have also found I can now no longer access the edit option in CM??

Are short players appearing taller? Scholes, Evra and Rooney seem taller than in rl to me. Or, is it because I'm on Low detail setting?

@hitmanuk - Are you using a custom ENB series? If so you have to disable "In-game chat" by going to: ...\Origin\ then rename or delete file: IGO32.dll

Each Origin update you have to do this. Otherwise there is a good chance of a crash with custom ENB series.

@hitmanuk - Are you using a custom ENB series? If so you have to disable "In-game chat" by going to: ...\Origin\ then rename or delete file: IGO32.dll

Each Origin update you have to do this. Otherwise there is a good chance of a crash with custom ENB series.

ah that's what it would have been, forgot to rename again ...just reinstalled ..gutted lol

Ergh! Back to bring infuriatingly dull ... Every bloody year this happens, it's just so galling this year because of the demo.

Trying a career as Southend, but gameplay is just the same every game, really hoped it wouldn't be the case this year.

Next year will be better thought, right?

Hi Guys, first time posting here (had to get away from some of the silly people on the EA forums!)

I haven't really had time to read through all the threads and all, but one thing I noticed the other night.

When you are subbing two players at the same time as the opposition subs one player - the substitution animation shows the opponent subbing two players and me only one.

I double checked and both my players were definately on the field.

It has happened twice to me so far. It is only minor so nothing really, but thought it was an interesting point out and something to say for my first time here :))

Back
Top Bottom