A "Perfect" Experience?

Good shout earlier with Half-Life (altho think it was HL2 mentioned).

This defo for me was the game that blew me away (although my perfect/fav game was Red Dead). I just remember starting the game game and thinking WTF is happening and the game was simply amazing.

For me that was the real game changer for me, everything was cranked up a notch after that.

FD

For me there were some games that were really great:

1.) Mario Kart (SNES)
2.) Zelda: A Link to the past (SNES)
3.) Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
4.) Winning eleven 7 + PES 4 + PES 5 + PES 6 (all PS2)
5.) Red Dead Redemption (PS3)

From back in the day, definitely SWOS and GP3 will be game experiences I'll never have again and are probably my '10s' from that era.

Moving forward, ISS Deluxe on SNES, Mario Kart and some of the WWF/WCW games of the era were amazing.

PES6 is probably the last '10' for me in terms of fun factor and hours played and with that probably died the last '10' game I'll ever play.

GTAV is a '10' in terms of what it is. Incredible game, but I've neither put the hours in, nor has it grabbed me by the balls like the games above did. Last of Us Remastered is looking like it will be up there too.

Technically incredible era defining games.

Well, I must say Resident Evil 2 for PC and ISS98 for Nintendo 64 were games of which I thought "wow, this is the ultimate gaming experience".
I've never felt anything similar since, with the exception of the Bioshock series which anyway has its little flaws.

My gaming goes way back to the Atari console with Pong, Asteroids and Space Invaders on. I've owned virtually every machine/console/pc since then.

I must have played or owned so many 'wow' games from the last 3 decades but one made me think, 'this is AMAZING!' and that was Super Mario 64.

I can't remember the 360 degree camera being in any game before this one and now it's taken for granted but it changed video games forever.

Not to mention Super Mario 64 was (and still is!) a brilliant game!

Back
Top Bottom