360 or PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on if you want a console that lasts longer than 14 months if the answer is yes than don't get a 360, it's the worst made kit i have ever come across in 20 odd years of gaming. I am on my 3rd already,if it wasn't for some AAA quality games i would of given in already.I have my latest flashed, Gates and Co have had 700 notes off me already there not getting any more.

Guys I have both consoles... just wandered which one I should get Euro 2008 for.

I already bought it for the PS3, and its cool. For footy games I think I prefer the PS3 controller which is what helped me make my decision.

I just wish they outlined all the control schemes for it. Its frustrating when the manual defines the "Analog Classic" controls but doesn't tell you anything about the other ones?!

I've got both consoles.

Again what it comes down to is what you want your console to do ?

Want games you want to play or exclusive that are on the console format e.g. halo 3 or gran turismo ?

Do you want to have a console which your mates have because you can borrow games or play online ?
Do you care more about the multimedia functions ?

maybe this can help ?

Do you like online gaming, fps, better version of the multi release format of the games ? go for xbox 360.

Do you prefer a cheap bluray player, multimeda functions as divx, semi computer features like linux & lazy programming of multi format release games? go for ps3.

I may sound like i'm praising the 360. but i have two set of friends, my work friends all have ps3 & my social mates all have 360.

My work mates are sony fanboy, they think that the ps3 is better better then 360.

While my social mates who use to buy sony consoles switch to 360 because all they want to do is just play games & didn't care about the ps3 multimedia features.

Me personally I love games so i have both, even if i did go through 2 xbox 360 which died to the ring of death.

If i had to choose between the 360 or ps3, i would choose the 360.

At the end of the day its up to you.

have a look at this link it might give you an idea

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6191251/

I've had both, traded the 360 in for the PS3.

Happy with my choice, though I do miss the 360 (mainly Gears of War) from time to time. MGS4 is epic, and it's nice having the online capabilities for free. Sure Xbox Live has a few more features, but when it comes to playing games online, there's very little difference, and I certainly don't have any problems connecting to games on PSN.

Have a look around at the various games on offer though, see which appeal to you more.

It also depends on how much time you have for gaming... I'll explain what I mean. The other major concern should be reliability.

Like many people I am holding down a busy job and have family too. I only have maybe 30 min a day to play the odd game, so what I need in a system is reliability. I never bought the xbox 360 because its hardware build quality was so poor. I can't imagine wasting so much time just getting it repaired and returned and repaired and returned, etc.

I also don't play games enough online to become proficient enough to take on the hardcore players so the online aspect is less important to me, and paying for online play therefore makes less economic sense.

Without wishing to appear a PS3 fanboy, which i am not, I do enjoy the quick boot up for using the internet browser (it's a bit slow though) and just using it as a music player and Blu-ray player. In HK, nearly everyone has an LCD or plasma, so the Blu-ray player is more of a PLUS point.

The 360 does in general have a better gfx chip, better FPSs if you like that, and online play is much better. Don't like the bulky pad too much but that is personal preference.

I hope that my PS3 will last many years. I just don't have the same confidence on the Xbox 360 at all. I had the original Xbox and that worked fine, so I am very disappointed in the rush job by MS in releasing a shoddy unreliable console. I know Sony was getting so much flak from Western media for delays etc., but in general, their console is reliable.

When I hear people on this forum having spent additional money replacing 1 or 2 Xbox 360s, I feel MS has alot to answer for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom