Alan Wake

The only game I've genuinely jumped at was Dead Space on the 360. Those dudes on the floor, they aren't really dead. F*ckers.

Oooooooh. The bad guys seem to have mostly human form which is good, hopefully there will be as little alien/zombie nonsense as possible. Seeing a crabfisher with hook silloutte is far more frightning imo.

I think this might be a game you won't find fun if you just run and gun. Probably have to make sure you get into the story and so on.

Last edited:
Played it for half an hour yesterday before bed. It's ok. Nothing special thus far.

My mates were playing it last night and it did look pretty atmospheric and the story seemed like a typical horror/mystery/thriller movie which is pretty good

The torch thing makes a big difference in atmosphere and it looks very good when your exploring with just 1 beam of light to help also the sound is brilliant, firing off guns in the woods echo's around and when you cross running streams its like your engulfed by water, very cool Dolby Digital effects

Just finished the first chapter and the story is pretty gripping

I like how at the start of each new chapter you get a "previously on..." showing what happened before like Lost and stuff :)

This game is fantastic! In my opinion its one of the best 360 games available. The story is really good so far and the graphics are really nice especially the lighting effects with the torch. It freaks me out too often so im going to be playing it mainly when I have some friends around because im a pussy! :BOP:

This is one game i think i'm going to finish off and that doesn't happen very often

Starting chapter 4. The atmosphere and sound are just amazing. I could enjoy it just watching a friend play. The fights are not needed in fact.

A bit scary, isn't it?! :SHOCK:

Just the opening scene is creepy enough, lots of running, loud noices and moments making me jump. Probably not a good idea to play this before bed :LOL:

That's because your scared to turn the lights off in the house

Lights off, high sound and you will get the feel of the atmosphere

Got this email the other day from Gameplay

Dear Customer,

Thanks for preordering Alan Wake from gameplay.co.uk

Here are your 3 unique codes for your Bright Falls bonus pack:

The 3 items seem hugely pointless. A mans T shirt, womans t shirt and a bonus theme.

Oh and the other thing is I never even ordered the game

Finished the game.

Overall 6/10

Got 40 of the 50 achievements in one playthrough - possibly one of the easiest to get 1000 on?

Story: Great story overall, seemed a little obvious in parts though and the ending was a little poor/easy. I love the attention to detail and quirky references to light throughout
especially the credits that get darker as you go along.

Gameplay: Very repetitive and little dated, we've seen it all before. Probably one of the easiest games I've played this year. The only times I died were from missing jumps.

Sound: Superb. Atmospheric, great soundtrack and love the radio/TV broadcasts. Good voice acting/script.

Graphics: Dated, pretty dreadful on the whole. Blurry. The lighting was great throughout though.

Overall, decent bargain bin game. I strongly advise that you don't buy it, rent it instead. The only reason I'm giving it a 6 is because of the quality soundtrack/story/voice acting. If it wasn't for these it would be VERY average.

Once I started the game, I couldn't stop before the last chapter.

I also think it's easy to get the 1000G but it's time comsuming because of all the collectables.

Some textures look old yes, but overall it's not bad at all. Everything looks different (even in the forests), lots of details. Nowadays, not every game offers that.

The only problem I had with the game was the jumps : terrible animation but that never blocked me.

It's not the best game I've ever played, even this year, but the experience was great. Unlucky, once you have appreciated the game, there's no replay value at all.
But there should be some DLC...

Oh, and I liked the total lack of blood in the game.

I give it a 7+/10. It's very solid.

Last edited:
Grotesquely overrated game.

I should mention that survival horror games do nothing at all for me, Resident Evil, Dead Space, utter shite as far as I'm concerned, claustrophobic "corridor" environments bore me rigid, AW may be a bit more open than those but it's essentially the same, you're spoon fed the story, forced into narrow clutch points, if this was the open world game they originally promised I'm sure I'd like it a lot more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom