.skate - Xbox 360

I like it more than Tony Hawk's, but the method of doing tricks is confusing after playing THPS for so long! I'm getting more used to it the more I play though.

The camera angle is a bit rubbish when trying to aim for grinds on rails, I must say.

Just can't be doing with the angle being so low when trying to get onto a rail, it's daft really. If you were really skating, you'd have a perfect view with you looking down onto the rail, with this angle you have to guess and it's not really accurate.

And the camera switching when you stop and try to turn is rubbish too, it's like the camera angles in the old Tomb Raider games where it just kept spinning around, and stops when you set off in a direction but won't stop while you stand still and try to get your bearings.

A nice game but the camera angles really disappoint and make it a very hard game to have the patience to stick with.

I was really enjoying it up until the point they made the challenges just frustratingly impossible to complete, I'm stuck on the "Perform a 360 Flip and land in an FS Crooked" challenge, it's just impossible, hard enough to actually pull off the precise flip move it asks for but then I can never land in the correct grind it wants, so the game's now gone from very enjoyable to very frustrating causing me to swear a lot and be grumpy with the wife :cry:

I used to be a keen skateboarder when I was a kid and this game has got it SPOT-ON. It can be very annoying but that is very true to real life. Landing a trick just feels AMAZING. Loving it. :)

Back
Top Bottom