2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

Re: FIFA 06 - Road to FIFA World Cup (Xbox 360)

Noted said:
Not working

It is, just click the link, cancel the language packs and let the page load, it's in a Windows Movie player window.

It doesnt look too bad, tho it needs work, Gattuso runs right through Buffon for his own goal................ RRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBIIIISSSSSSSSSHHHHH

The close up at kick off looks superb, but when the game is back off for playing it doesnt look totally next gen.

Last edited:

I agree that while the graphics might look better up-close, its very underwhelming in the standard view. No amazing lighting, no real advances in the overall look at all.

Hugely dissappointing. I do like the texture of the grass, and the shadows look ok but thats it. I hope to god they add something that make it worth buying.. I am gonna want some 360 football goodness asap so I will probably buy it all the same.

That game-play video looks great. Replays and celebrations look just as good as the trailer! I've even noticed the shirts and shorts are soft, they sway and bounce :mrgreen:

vid doesn't work tried it tons of times:(

Its nothing special. Imagine watching Fifa06 with a few nice graphical touches and the occassional cut scene. Nothing special imo. While I will agree the short textures are also nice, the fact remains the shorts themselves are a ridiculous shape. They are like basketball shorts or something. Very poor.

Well even tho i can not see this vid i saw the devop one and although it looks to play the same it still is something I want to experience. i can't wait til nov.

Amazed by how many people are saying they'll get this purely because it "looks nice". Unfortunately looking nice only gets you so far, you'll get over that novelty within weeks and be left with whatever gameplay is present.

Good luck to you.

8-[

ClassicD said:
Amazed by how many people are saying they'll get this purely because it "looks nice". Unfortunately looking nice only gets you so far, you'll get over that novelty within weeks and be left with whatever gameplay is present.

Good luck to you.

8-[

thanks classic that at least one guy is on my side here...everybody is crying because WE "plays soooo purely" :roll: :roll: and now they get this piece of junk just because "it looks so nice" :roll:

i have to say, i am hugely dissapointed with that gameplay video - they have good graphics, but only when zooming in, but everything else is just a big let down.

look at that static player movement, the static gameplay, the crap own goal (buffon...the sliding after the ball animation).

i couldn't play this, seriously, no matter how nice the graphics are.

I am with you OPM. I WILL buy Fifa but it will be a 10 day and thats a certainty.

I would like to see it in action, but I know from just watching that vid that its not gonna offer anything new, or good.

Re: FIFA 06 - Road to 2006 FIFA World Cup (Xbox 360)

At. NAl said:
I can't play the movie. How can I play it to sse it? File has an extension .mov. Where can I play this one?

Thanks.

.mov is quicktime. Or you can play it in realplayer with the correct codec

OPM said:
thanks classic that at least one guy is on my side here...everybody is crying because WE "plays soooo purely" :roll: :roll: and now they get this piece of junk just because "it looks so nice" :roll:

i have to say, i am hugely dissapointed with that gameplay video - they have good graphics, but only when zooming in, but everything else is just a big let down.

look at that static player movement, the static gameplay, the crap own goal (buffon...the sliding after the ball animation).

how can you tell? Were you the guy playing it? I dont know if this will suck or not, cause i havent played it yet, you guys need to play it first, then tell us it sucks... i thought with the exception of the goal, it looked decent, but just imagine WE!!!

csaunders said:
how can you tell? Were you the guy playing it? I dont know if this will suck or not, cause i havent played it yet, you guys need to play it first, then tell us it sucks... i thought with the exception of the goal, it looked decent, but just imagine WE!!!

it's most likely just a fifa 06 with new graphics.that's what the rumours say and that is what you can easily say from those videos.

The animations look alright,probably the exact gameplay.
Roll on pes 6 on the ps3

OPM said:

There are a lot more people on "your" side here. I still have a lot more fun playing Super Mario Kart (Snes) than i do with most modern racing games, no matter how nice they look.

This is an universal truth, graphics can only take you so far, Gameplay matters the most.

You can be amazed by graphics, but after a few hours playing you "can't see" them anymore, you start to see the game as a whole. For instance, when i started playing Half Life 2, the first thing that stood out was the amazing graphics, but after a while, the game as a whole was what "i saw".

I have great videogaming memories of games like half life 2, zelda, mario 64, etc, and they are based on gameplay and the whole experience of enjoying a complete videogame, not just admiring preety graphics...

edit: just saw the videos. Didn't see anything that amazed me much, you can only admire the graphics on cut scenes and replays.

I'll bet that the thing on Seabass's mind right now is using the extra power of the next generation consoles to improve the game's AI. Graphics will come 2nd...

Last edited:

oh my goodness. Just watched the video of the Italy-Albania game and am really unimpressed.

Like many have said here it looks great close up but as soon as the game kicks off it looks normal. Like a snazzy update of Fifa 06 on current gen. Not happy. I cant see why this is happening.

Everyone knows that resolution is the bastard when trying to keep detail high when using a distant camera angle. I mean, the whole PES/WE series has suffered from it all the way through. With the next-gen machines though it was said this problem would be eradicated.

It probably shows EA's half-arsed attempt on bringing fifa to the 360. Its just a pretty Fifa 06, with just international teams. The only good thing I noticed is the shirts. They move around, and bob about very nicely.

I know this sounds obvious, but they are just bringing out yet another flawed version for launch to cash in. Knowing also that it will be the only footy game out for the 360 on launch, and for many months after that too.

For this I have to applaud Konami in the way they have approached the next-gen machine. They could of easily released a pretty version of PES5 (which I would've of been more than happy with!) and it would of sold by the bucket-load. but instead they want to take a year to make a truly next gen game.

Whatever I can not go back to current gen anymore knowing better looking games are out there. I'm selling my psp my ps2 and gamecube. I'll keep my DS for those 2-d games LOL

Bottomline,FIFA 06 - Road to FIFA World Cup looks nice graphically but I doubt its anywhere near WE/PES5 in terms of gameplay.I'm willing to give it a try nonetheless,just to prove myself right.

BumperMan said:
Whatever I can not go back to current gen anymore knowing better looking games are out there. I'm selling my psp my ps2 and gamecube. I'll keep my DS for those 2-d games LOL

You hate your PSP too then? Sold mine yesterday £180 CEX cant complain!

Im a die hard PRO EVO fan and wouldnt turn to fifa. Ive pre ordered a xbox 360. I am just so happy we are being made to wait for PRO EVO on 360 as it gona be miles better than the fifa offering.

ClassicD said:

Good luck to you.

8-[

TOP MAN HAS SUMMED ALL THIS UP :applause: , I MUST ADMIT I LIKE THE LOOKS BUT IM GONA STICK WITH PRO EVO. BLINKEN HECK I NEVER THOUGHT ID SEE SO MANY ISS NUT CONVERT JUST FOR A GLOSSY CUT SENSES BETWEEN NOBY GAMEPLAY

Im game looks current gen, but the cut scences and replays look very nice. I cant belive how many fan boys there are on here. You shouldnt dismiss anything until you have played it.

yeah i'm getting a 360 and can't wait tobe able to play fifa rttwc it's going to be able to capture the atmosphere of the sport like never before. gameplay may be similiar but really at this point i'm not waiting around another year til the 360 comes out with we10. for me we is dead for the ps2 and i'm selling the ps2 as well.

Oli_GHG said:
Im game looks current gen, but the cut scences and replays look very nice. I cant belive how many fan boys there are on here. You shouldnt dismiss anything until you have played it.
Very true, but by the same token you shouldn't go over the top about it till you've played it either.

Sorry Tomba, that post is hilarious. You're done with WE and you're going to play FIFA until a new one comes out? I would stake my house on it that you'll be bored of FIFA 360 long before the next-gen WE arrives.

Back
Top Bottom