2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
www.ea.com/2006FIFAWorldCup

Play with your heroes and be a part of the 2006 FIFA World Cup™

Soccer fans worldwide will soon be able to take part in the excitement of the world's greatest sporting event in the only official videogame of the 2006 FIFA World Cup™. Immerse yourself in the the action and heritage as you lead your nation from the qualification rounds all the way to the FIFA World Cup Finals in Germany.

You’ll experience a full range of emotions along the way — from the elation of beating rival nations to the despair of having your FIFA World Cup dreams shattered in a crucial penalty shootout. This is your ticket to all the pageantry and passion of the greatest show on Earth.

Release date: April 28th, 2006

Formats: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, GC, PSP, NDS, GBA and mobile.

75814-General%20Screens_20.JPG

Last edited:
Re: FIFA 06 - Road to 2006 FIFA World Cup (Xbox 360)

all those features go to hell if it plays like shit (or fifa 06) again.

but i really hope they got all 06 stadium in there ;)

fifa06_rtwc_box_01.jpg

EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 06 Road to 2006 FIFA World Cup immerses players into the emotional intensity of next generation soccer. Utilizing the power of the Xbox 360, fans will be able to revel in the world's most sophisticated representation of soccer ever.

Experience a newly enhanced gameplay engine that delivers extremely responsive controls and greater level of depth. New physics and animations mean that players will now react more realistically to every tackle, shot or pass of the ball.

For the first time you'll see and feel the joy, anguish and pain of 90 minutes of soccer in a videogame. Through the power of HD technology you'll see how the detail of the players is now accurately recreated in fine detail. Examine the threads in the club badge or watch as sweat runs down the player's face during a match.

Stadiums now burst with life and atmosphere. All-new 3D crowds pack the stands singing authentic anthems sampled from real matches. The edge of the pitch will now also include team coaches pacing the touchline plus the full preparation for every substitution and even the referee's assistants tracking the action as the match unfolds.

Team formations and strategic decisions are now managed on-the-fly during the match using a newly designed interface. An innovative, integrated menu system means you no longer have to interrupt the flow of the game to make substitutions or change tactics. Take part in the European Qualification rounds for the World Cup or create your own tournaments to showcase all the new improvements.

Prepare to truly experience international soccer.

Key Features

Next Gen Gameplay: The most responsive and context sensitive gameplay yet seen in a FIFA video game. With a deeper sense of control and real world physics players now behave and react believably to every situation on the pitch bringing you closer to the action.
Believable Players: For the first time ever in a soccer game players exhibit life-like body movement and facial expressions. Watch as players express the full spectrum of emotion from elation as they blast home the winning goal, to venting their anger at decisions that go against them in critical match situation.
Immersive Environments: Experience every detail of life on pitch. A combination of the most accurately modelled stadiums from around the world brought to life with dynamic 3D crowds. Through HD you'll see and interact with a living world, right down to the individually rendered blades of grass on the pitch.
New Presentation:Go beyond broadcast with the all new intuitive gameplay interface. The integration of this new menu system lets matches flow seamlessly while the player makes tactical changes and substitutions on the fly.
Road to the 2006 FIFA World Cup Mode: Take part in the European Qualification rounds for the World Cup or create your own custom tournaments. FIFA Soccer 06 Road to 2006 FIFA World Cup gives you the opportunity to admire the detail of 72 teams, 1,700 players in nine different stadiums from Europe and the rest of the world.
Online: Enjoy the ultimate in online play using the Xbox 360's native multiplayer technology. Play gamers from all around the world in instant peer-to-peer matches with little effort.

FIFA06_RTFWC_shot2_X05lg.jpg

FIFA06_RTFWC_shot11_X05lg.jpg

FIFA06_RTFWC_shot4_X05lg.jpg

FIFA06_RTFWC_shot3_X05lg.jpg

FIFA06_RTFWC_shot7_X05lg.jpg

FIFA06_RTFWC_shot10_X05lg.jpg

FIFA06_RTFWC_shot1_X05lg.jpg

FIFA06_RTFWC_shot6_X05lg.jpg

FIFA06_RTFWC_shot8_X05lg.jpg

FIFA06_RTFWC_shot9_X05lg.jpg

Last edited:

yup.

i really would like to see it in motion...but again, look at those kits.ugly and wrong like in all ea games so far...or ronaldinhoss short looks really strange and thick also.
or look at trezeguet...he's white and...looking... :lol: just completely out form...lol.

The grass is too long especially on the forth pic. Its not even that long in real life. And the dumb thing is that they done it just for the sake of showing off the consoles power.

Looks nice but pointless.

Looks good. Nba 2k6 on the 360 is also impressive. Im still going to wait until the ps3 comes out aand then make a decision on which I will buy though.

Graphics on the pics look fine to me. Miles better than our current ones. I can deal with it as long as the gameplay is improved and the nets animate realistically. ;-)

Peace!
Jflores

jflores said:
Graphics on the pics look fine to me. Miles better than our current ones. I can deal with it as long as the gameplay is improved and the nets animate realistically. ;-)

Peace!
Jflores

just look at this:

FIFA06_RTFWC_shot1_X05lg.jpg

i'd take pes5 a thousand times over this bullshit.

these pics just make my want to see next gen we/pes even more because i just kno it will be a lot better than this.

I agree the_thing, it does make you wanna see PES even more.

Not that I think it looks shite though, far from it.

The pics you see are actually in game, and thats believeable when you see the pics to the NBA game like Oli_GHG mentioned.

I personally think it looks great. I cant wait to see it in action.

But back to my first sentence, my thinking is if Fifa 06 on 360 looks this good, just imagine what PES on 360 will look like :)

btw it also looks like EA are using their licenses propaly this time. If you look at the pic showing Nistlerooy shooting, you'll see he's wearing his white nike legends.

about time!

how can raul strike with his right foot that well ... :roll:

one more that hasnt been posted:
fifa_football_2006_13.jpg

look at zidane's face :puke: and ljungberg's gravity defying shorts. :lol:

Last edited:

The textures and resolution look nice enough but proportionally, the players don't look right at all. I can't believe that picture of Zidane taking a free-kick was allowed to go to press. Zidane's position looks all wrong, what's he looking at? Trezeguet is white, and, I'm assuming it's meant to be John Terry, the England No.6 looks like Freddie Ljungberg. And the number 12 is doing the hokey-kokey.

And those shorts. :shock:

No doubt they're extra-long just so they can show off the new feature where you control the ball and run off quickly, showing them blowing in the wind. I think they're calling it 'Trap' n Flap'. ;)

Last edited:

The shorts look more like Basketball players, now if only we could get them guys at Visual Concepts to try out a football game. :D

Those graphics are a bit disgusting....though i've never rated Fifa's graphics - the grass looks pretty though.

Still have the same view, it shows what's capable graphically but just how bad a job they've done of it. Players look deformed compared to Pro Evo.

Well I'll come back to this is a year. Konami have no excuse not to include 3D crowds and 3D grass in PES6/WE10.

I'd say the player models and faces in PES/WE are now perfect (next-gen PES/WE needs no more polygons to them), now get the rest done Konami!

this makes me wet my pants for pro evo on xbox 360, its gonna be amazing

I think it looks pretty amazing and craps over what WE/PES look like currently.

Nick the video was already linked a few posts up, and sorrt Alberto but while it certainly looks sharper and more detailed than WE/PES at the moment, it doesn't look as fluent and that IMO, is shocking given it's on a next-gen machine. Not to mention, it looks like total scripted dross.

I think the graphics can only improve as the series goes on.

FIFA 2001 (PS2 - 2000)

fifa_b2_screen014.jpg

fifa_b2_screen012.jpg

Just look at how football game graphics have come on since then, look at PES5 and FIFA 06. Imagine PES10 or FIFA2010!

Last edited:

Just saw the video and I too am afriad of scripting but EA should know by now that we hate it. If the game has the shooting sorted out to be ANYWHERE near WE9 then it will be a very good game. The video looked very impressive, but I worry about rendering as well, but again i somehow doubt that as it's next gen.

those fifa 2001 screens look better than fifa 2006 on ps2 today...honestly.

Back
Top Bottom