Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

anyone played both fifa and WTS? which is the better of the two, from a pro evo fan perspective (that doent mean auto hating fifa btw) :)

I love Konami games but frankly I think as a company, they often leave something to be desired. We all knew about FIFA PSP for months before the release, with screen shots and details arising at a fairly regular pace leading up to the console's launch. I havent played it, but the game is blatantly a trimmed down port of FIFA 2005 which is barable I suppose. However you have to say all credit to EA for getting their house in order quickly and mobilising a credible game for the launch of a new handheld, and a whole new market.

By comparison, its now May and no one has had even a pre-alpha screen from Konami about Pro Evo PSP. No details, no info, not a sausage. You have to think Konami have been very slack with this, they couldnt have done much worse. Even if they just knocked out a fairly unimaginative port of WE8 with a few extras, that would satisfy for the time being.

I'll blatantly get a PSP when (if?) Pro Evo comes out, but it's just such a pain having to wait also safe in the knowledge that the team rosters WILL be out of date, as per. EA have a few things to learn from Konami about making football games, but by the same note Konami could certainly learn a lot from EA about brand strategy and market opportunites.

Ok, I've played 4 games on the PSP so far.

Fifa, It's okay game. There is slowdown after the ball goes out of play for a Goal Kick, but its okay. I'm sure Pro Evo will be jsut great, well hopefully. Commentary is good

NFSU
Good game, only racer I palyed so far. Nice gfx!

NBA Street
Hard game getting used to controls, didnt play long.

Dyansty Warriors
its in japanese, so all i can say is good gfx.

I played on my cousins PSP, Im still looking for a JAP PSP, any ideas? Do you know of any good UK sellers?

But you ahve to pay tax, prefer a uk seller with warranty.

I got mines from cagames.co.uk yeah its £200 for the solus pack, but thats about what youd pay to import one anyway once you pay for delivery and tax... so figured what the hell.... and the guy let me check for dead pixels before I took it away, cant do that over the net.

Just ordered mine from Lik-Sang :D

£145 for the value pack.. WOOO

Will come in 1-3 days

well i have got my games but still motherfucking waiting for the motherfucking psp ahhhhhhhgrrrrrrr

Noted said:
Just ordered mine from Lik-Sang :D

£145 for the value pack.. WOOO

Will come in 1-3 days

Get ready to pay £40 - £50 tax on that mate ;)

I ordered mine off a shop on eBay (see previous page). I got a call from FedEx today saying that my PSP was in the country, but was being held at customs, who wanted a copy of my PayPal receipt. The company I've bought the PSP off marked it as a gift and of value £36 to avoid tax. It looks like I'm still going to have to pay tax! :(

And to make matters worse, much like dsgg, I ordered 2 games, a 512 Mem Stick Duo Pro and a case in preperation of my PSP arriving. The games and mem stick arrived today, but with no PSP to use them with!! :mad: ](*,) :-x #-o

Last edited:

Think I'm gonna go for the gig stick, see them for 50-70 on ebay, now all i need to do is remember my fricking username lol

did you mean £ , heh you had me excited for a minute there... :)

I still need to find the 50-100 regardless of where I buy it *looks around for something to sell*

not quite as good as $88 ;)

Mines already came with software version 1.5 does that mean its relatively new unit ergo I dont have a wonky square button?

I posted this somewher eelse, but the first PSP game was cracked and hacked. Soon we'll be expecting emulators so those who dont have a PSP can try out games before actually considering purchase.

Its good news from a 3rd party dev point of view, hopefully it wont be long until we see utilities being run from the PSP's memory stick

Yeah definately, you can now download PSP game ISOs off certain newsgroups and torrent sites I think. It'll only be a matter of time before you can dunk these ISOs onto a memory stick and run them straight from there!

all sounds great but a 1G mem card is like £80-100

by the way i got my psp today. now i know some say there is not much new here. but i think its amazing almost ps2 Quality games on the motherfucking thrown

winnign eleven series is coming out in japan very soon well thats what i have heard

hay any of you guys try to get your psp online ?? i think mine works but no players

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Get ready to pay £40 - £50 tax on that mate ;)

I ordered mine off a shop on eBay (see previous page). I got a call from FedEx today saying that my PSP was in the country, but was being held at customs, who wanted a copy of my PayPal receipt. The company I've bought the PSP off marked it as a gift and of value £36 to avoid tax. It looks like I'm still going to have to pay tax! :(

And to make matters worse, much like dsgg, I ordered 2 games, a 512 Mem Stick Duo Pro and a case in preperation of my PSP arriving. The games and mem stick arrived today, but with no PSP to use them with!! :mad: ](*,) :-x #-o

hey have you got your psp yet? did you pay the tax?

I bit the bullet and got a psp off ebay also. 3 days delivery with fedex.
its the 4th day today and no sign...im thinking the same thing has happended to me! my contact number is out of date tho...how can I find out whats going on???(maybe they will send a letter)

cheers

Back
Top Bottom