FIFA 13

Stay away from OperatonSports tactics. They are wrong in so many ways.

On PC better wait for updated teams Database (which means ALL TEAMS will be DONE, not 28 :P).

So far enjoying Rique RT with default slider set ;).

The game is still tragic fast even after the update. WTF is EA doing? Cant they see it?

Are they happy with the product as it is? They have thousands of complains about the speed...

Last edited:
The game is still tragic fast even after the update. WTF is EA doing? Cant they see it?

Are they happy with the product as it is? They have thousand of complains about the speed...

how many millions have not complained?

I dont have that big an issue with the speed at all.

How about some examples?

Easy to criticise, hard to do the work...

Pretty easy. Play Arsenal vs Stoke using those.

Editing CTTs and formations is one thing, but you need to edit whole game database to make it work (sacrificing overall ratings of players and downgrading them to more realistic values).

You should notice that even with slider editing and whatnot you cannot stop players doing Iniesta sharp turns. That's where DB editing comes and saves the day. Sorry, but I dare not think Chelsea would get battered by Crawley Town anytime soon. Yet in FIFA it does happen because of AI boosting lower level teams to match your team.

Enjoyment is still there, but it's not down to player skills, but more or less artificial team boosting tactic to give you fair challenge.

Those not on PC, wouldn't know this though. Regularcat, Fidel (now in FIFA 13) and Ervos did it for FIFA 11 and 12 and my God it changed game upside-down. Sure seeing players like Messi have 70 overall rating is weird, but if it brings realism back to the game, why the hell not? (after all, EA rating/numerical system is plain wrong).

Seriously, waiting to try out FIFA 13 edited DB this year... :S

Here is video showing what you can achieve with it:

YouTube - FIFA 13 | Advanced Revolution Database and AI Gameplay (Beta) - Preview ;)

Remember above is just beta. Nothing final. Needs tuning here and there (like more passing in midfield, not between defenders, stopping lower league teams from playing Barca style, etc.).

Last edited:
Pretty easy. Play Arsenal vs Stoke using those.

Editing CTTs and formations is one thing, but you need to edit whole game database to make it work (sacrificing overall ratings of players and downgrading them to more realistic values).

So basically you're comparing simple custom tactic edits against a mod? Ridiculous argument, of course a full mod including DB edits is going to be better, show me how such a mod works on console then you can criticise custom tactic edits which are obviously primarily aimed at the Fifa console community.

Tried H2H seasons again today thinking it was a new day and it might be working now. But no I can't play on it, every time I get an opponent it just crashes my xbox.

So the update has basically taken away one of the only game modes I play on Fifa.

There should be an update soon to fix this right? I won't have to wait another month or longer for them to give us another update?

Really is terrible :((

There should be an update soon to fix this right? I won't have to wait another month or longer for them to give us another update?

sadly, we will have to wait another month at very minimal but probably won't see an update til january sometime.

Tried H2H seasons again today thinking it was a new day and it might be working now. But no I can't play on it, every time I get an opponent it just crashes my xbox.

So the update has basically taken away one of the only game modes I play on Fifa.

Really is terrible :((

i had this on the pc. i noticed when it loaded the custom formation for seasons it would crash..

the way i fixed it was to delete the online save, can't remember exactly what it is called but on the pc you can load, create, delete profiles.

in there you can see different parts, look for one related to formation for online.

i would imagine you have changed a few players about for arsenal on your head to head and the update causes it to try and load it and bugs out

thats what i had anyway

hope it helps

i had this on the pc. i noticed when it loaded the custom formation for seasons it would crash..

the way i fixed it was to delete the online save, can't remember exactly what it is called but on the pc you can load, create, delete profiles.

in there you can see different parts, look for one related to formation for online.

i would imagine you have changed a few players about for arsenal on your head to head and the update causes it to try and load it and bugs out

thats what i had anyway

hope it helps

Cheers I will see if I can find somthing in the fifa saves on xbox

I deleted two files 'online customised squad' and 'online squad' and It seems to have worked, so I am happy again :)) cheers guys.

So i did all the changes as laid out in the operation sports database. Saved it. Loaded Fifa up now, and none of the changes are there. Any ideas?

Player switching is really annoying me now. Chosing players further away from the ball all of the time. Particularly annoying when the opposition is bearing down on goal and I am trying to sort my defence out.

I Past the ball to a player on the line, it was going a bit to the side of him, went to change the cursor and it went onto some guy who was much further away to the left, making the ball go about a foot to the side of the intended player and out for a throw.

Very frustrating.

I'm just looking for things to moan about today for some reason :PP

So i did all the changes as laid out in the operation sports database. Saved it. Loaded Fifa up now, and none of the changes are there. Any ideas?

If you are trying to use them during Matchday then you need to hit the "Y" button (X360) at the team selection screen to use the customized rosters.

If you are trying to use them when starting a CM then you need to set the rosters to customized during the setup screens.

And I would recommend saving your squad file to several files when finished. I have them saved to three different named squad files myself.

One of most annoying things is Rutter trying to do PES5...

How many times have you seen player jumping OVER the ball when it's passed from behind to receiver? I have seen it happen in almost every game I play.

Leading to giving possession away cheaply or ball going out of play :(.

That was the thing I also hated on Pro Evo 5 and wanted it fixed!!!!!

Bah, not being able to use your Virtual Pro offline is a massive let down. It's great that we won't have to deal with hacked pros, but now there's very little incentive for me to play the game when my club members aren't online. I hate playing FIFA offline (that's what I have PES for), but it use to be tolerable considering it was improving my Pro.

What's the alternative? Pro Ranked matches? Those are a nightmare. Considering you can only unlock accomplishments online this year, players spamming skill moves is even more prominent. EA has failed to come up with a decent matchmaking system for this game mode. Sorry, I can't say that waiting 15 minutes to get into match because I keep failing the game of, "Who can select their position the fastest!" is enjoyable. Even when you do manage to get your spot, half of your team is full of forwards who just take the piss because they didn't get their position. Also, why doesn't the match automatically start when it's 11v11? It boggles the mind.

They delay the patch a week to fix certain issues and they still don't fix the crashing!

Career mode freezing still present
Pro clubs loading screen/arena crashing/infinite loading still present
Pro club accomplishments not saving properly after completing games and teams quitting. I unlocked the same accomplishments in 4 different games.

Way to go EA!

They delay the patch a week to fix certain issues and they still don't fix the crashing!

Pro club accomplishments not saving properly after completing games and teams quitting. I unlocked the same accomplishments in 4 different games.

Way to go EA!

Yeah its balls isn't it?.....no Punzz intended ;))

Another thing, who decided to allow outfield players to select keeper in Pro Ranked matches? Honestly? I've seen it time and time again. What happens is a ST doesn't get his position, selects keeper and then leaves. Fantastic. People actually get payed money to come up with these gameplay decisions. Baffling.

Way to go EA!

The patch was never going to fix all CM freezes, the release notes covered two specific CM freezes, there are and were many more that need fixing.

Back
Top Bottom