Positions (role) - implications

This might be a breakthrough: I changed the ratings as such: defense min. 55, teamwork min. 70 (these two might not be influencing the issue at all because with only these modifications the issue is still present) and most importantly! defensive awareness 2! It was set to 1. This is why Gervinho, Wallcot, Messi, Nani, all come from the top part of the pitch to the bottom. It is not their winger positions, but rather their defensive awarness. And this is why Downing from Liverpool does not do this. The player with def awareness 2 sticks with his side although not all of the time, but there is a big improvement.

Can you guys try and confirm this: The positions the player has does not have anything to do with the issue, it is the defensive awareness. This is a big mistake by Konami.

If this is confirmed, this should be be taken into account by the patchmakers and option file editors as this setting ruins the game.

This might be a breakthrough: I changed the ratings as such: defense min. 55, teamwork min. 70 (these two might not be influencing the issue at all because with only these modifications the issue is still present) and most importantly! defensive awareness 2! It was set to 1. This is why Gervinho, Wallcot, Messi, Nani, all come from the top part of the pitch to the bottom. It is not their winger positions, but rather their defensive awarness. And this is why Downing from Liverpool does not do this. The player with def awareness 2 sticks with his side although not all of the time, but there is a big improvement.

Can you guys try and confirm this: The positions the player has does not have anything to do with the issue, it is the defensive awareness. This is a big mistake by Konami.

If this is confirmed, this should be be taken into account by the patchmakers and option file editors as this setting ruins the game.

I'm going to give this a go tomorrow. So, for example, if I play as Arsenal, I would edit Walcotts and Gervinho's defensive stats to 2 if they are at 1? But still play them in a 4-3-3? Is your idea that 2 forces them to have some job on defense instead of just shuffling around like idiots?

yes. set the defensive awareness stat from 1 to at least 2. this might fix the problem.
i hope i am not at the stage where i get delusional :)) joking.

yes. set the defensive awareness stat from 1 to at least 2. this might fix the problem.
i hope i am not at the stage where i get delusional :)) joking.

Yep, that was the trick. It's not perfect, of course, but giving them a 2 for defensive stat did sort of give them a purpose and, for the most part, they at least stayed on their side of the field and participated in the defense. Occasionally Walcott drifted into the circle like an idiot but for the most part it was okay.

So now, the question is whether anyone has produced an option file that takes care of this entirely? how would this work in ML with, for example, youth players that can't be edited?

I play exclusively 4-3-3 with Arsenal (Arshavin as LW and Walcott as RW) and never had an issue with them crossing more than normal (as stipulated in team settings "change positions"). Yes, in one or another counter attack the positions are mixed but normally don't and they respect their bands.

But, as most of you here agrees with this, I will take special attentionthe next time I play.

i play a 4-3-2-1 with MAN UTD, changing the role to rooney (to TRQ from CC): it work well using a possession style.

Back
Top Bottom