FIFA 13

Interesting.
Would take ages to do though wouldn't it?

i have started doing the premier league teams, i guess i would need to do all leagues for it to work properly?? not just premier league because it would be wrong in a european comp? is that right? thanks:))

This might help - from the OS forum: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-fifa-discussion/583112-official-fifa-13-custom-team-tactics-ai-thread.html

Their spreadsheet is not completely filled out yet but you can finish most of it with the additional info found in the thread. It does take a bit of work - sacrificed a day off to enter all the tactics and assign them to every single team in the game - but it's worth it IMHO as it makes a world of difference in CPU play.

would you be able to upload your edited file? is that possible with FIFA?

The directional trap with LT, the full shield with RT, and also LT dribbling with the ball safely on your 'outer' foot, are all good tools to deny the defender line of sight on the ball and avoid drawing that tackle.
This could absolutely solve my problems with defence but I can't seem to do it. What settings do you play on? I trap all the time but I cannot work out what shield is supposed to be. I play on default controls so RT is sprint for me.
Trap is the sprint button (so RT for you) - but you have to let go of the left stick and just hold RT down. Player should then turn his back and hold ball away from defender. Pretty effective, especially whilst waiting for support down in one of the corners.
The RT shield on its own is not that amazing. It can work but it can also be bypassed if not perfectly aligned, and obviously can only be done when stationary.

The best way to protect the ball is with the LT dribble, keeping the ball on your outer foot furthest from the defender, and not showing it to him. Not only will your player automatically shield the ball while moving, but you'll keep the ball nearer to your foot which helps when avoiding/riding tackles.

And of course being dilligent about the direction of your first-touch - to use the LT trap to turn your back on trouble - is always important.

Here's a few quick examples from mucking about in half a match with some League Two teams, to try and visualise what I mean. At the very beginning I deliberately stop and allow the fullback line of sight on the ball, and he promptly comes in for a tackle (although unsuccessful). Then I shield, and this time he stands off - a clearly different behavioural response.

After that there's two or three examples of being able to protect the ball purely by keeping your body between it and the incoming defender.

YouTube - FIFA 13 - Protecting the ball

This year the dribbler has been empowered with more ability to shield and ride tackles than they've ever had, so you should have more capability to protect the ball than ever. So I don't understand when the claim is that defenders can instantly tackle you from any angle.

[]
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST = 0.025
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_BROADCAST = 0.015
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_COOP = 0.025
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELE = 0.025
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC_V2 = 0.025
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC = 0.025
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_END_TO_END = 0.025
//range0.01-0.10
//FIFA2012//0.025

[]
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST = 1200
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_BROADCAST = 1200
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_COOP = 1200
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELE = 1200
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC_V2 = 600
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC = 600
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_END_TO_END = 600
//range - max1500-1650-1800 a seconda della visuale, oltre si vede nero
//FIFA2012//max value 1800-1800-1800-1650-600-600-600

//TELEBROADCAST = tribuna stampa
//BROADCAST = televisiva
//COOP = co-op
//TELE = campo largo
//DYNAMIC = dinamica
//DYNAMIC_V2 = professionista
//END_TO_END = fondo campo

[]

CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_BROADCAST =0.03
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_BROADCAST =60.1
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST =0.060
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST =200.1
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_COOP=0.05
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_COOP=200.1
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELE =0.06
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC_V2 =0.05
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC =0.05
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_END_TO_END =0.05

camera mod for anyone that doesnt know about it..create a file called ci.ini and paste in the values..save to game folder..i have a good setting on tele broadcast now height around 8-9 zoom 11-12

Its not 10% of it (although that figure is probably wrong as when you break it down the things that are edited are basically the same there are just more people doing it for PES) because it doesnt need to be...there are tonnes of modes in fifa that destroy PES. Cameras are good out of the box as are balls, kits, stadiums etc...there is no real need to edit the only thing is the pitch which i have changed.

Its hard to describe PES its certainly not a football sim..i think it might be trying to be..ultimately i just find it boring

How many players in Brazil NT need faces in Fifa13? lets talk about the famous players like: Oscar, Leandro Damiao, Lucas Lieva, Marcelo, Sandro and Lucas Moura.

If you are a fan of classic soccer (like me) so many classic players need to be edit accurately.

Last edited:
Here's my nights work:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#gPBAQCBYnSx:360

FUTPrem_zps59337fac.jpg

Haven't touched the substitutes yet, other than putting in Balotelli. Opted for Ben Arfa instead of Valencia, but will probably go for him too or possibly Lennon.

The starting XI are all on chemistry 9 except Kompany and Ben Arfa who are on 7. Eventually I'll get David Silva to replace Mata.

Most of my original squad sold, including Di Natale for 64k. Pirlo, Barzagli, De Rossi, all gone. Still got Falcao, Boateng, Gotze, Ramy, Hernanes etc. on the transfer list. Will see what happens with those in the morning. Could do with keeping Falcao even with his poor individual chemistry, which will be even worse in this team.

I'll still get my arse handed to me by far weaker teams online, but it's all good and my bronze team is still kicking around.

camera mod for anyone that doesnt know about it..create a file called ci.ini and paste in the values..save to game folder..i have a good setting on tele broadcast now height around 8-9 zoom 11-12
What does the camera mod actually do hitmanuk? Do you mind telling me in one or two sentences?

sure mate, it alters the hight and zoom adjustments (max and min) for all cameras. Its deffo worth checking out as it only takes two minutes, no need to regenerate and if you don't like it delete the ini file you create. I was using dynamic but wanted something in-between that and tele broadcast..this has allowed me to do it. There's a complete thread over at soccer gaming

Here's my nights work:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#gPBAQCBYnSx:360

I'll still get my arse handed to me by far weaker teams online, but it's all good and my bronze team is still kicking around.

Have you noticed a difference in playing online in recent games? Unbelievable speed and pressure going on at the moment. I don't know whether it was the first few weeks people didnt have amazing teams or whether something has changed in online.

Either way after having good fun with UT for the first few weeks, every single game since (online), has been a 1-2 chip throughball pressure fest.

Horrible its still possible...

Have you noticed a difference in playing online in recent games? Unbelievable speed and pressure going on at the moment. I don't know whether it was the first few weeks people didnt have amazing teams or whether something has changed in online.

Either way after having good fun with UT for the first few weeks, every single game since (online), has been a 1-2 chip throughball pressure fest.

Horrible its still possible...

There are a few guys that use the 1-2 pass through but you can work them out and pull your defender back before they've made the pass rendering their attack pointless. It is annoying though yes. Online gameplay is certainly faster than offline, but it's still a lot of fun - when not smashing controllers due to losing out on the season title because of conceding a goal in the last minute.

thought id share my settings with everyone. In the past i play on full manual world class dynamic camera but was getting frustrated with the speed, camera angle, god mode at times etc..Anyway if anyone plays on similar settings (especially camera) please try these and see if you like them..im having a blast as bolton most games finishing with just the difference of 1 goal

control full manual, tactical defending
using camera patch (ci.ini) tele broadcast height 7 zoom 12 (kind of like dynamic but better)
world class
sliders from top to bottom

sprint 48/48
accel 48/47
shot error 49/52
pass 46/55
50/50
pass speed 42/42
60/60
50/50
goalies 85/85
marking 85/80
65/65
height 38/38
46/46
60/60
50/50
first touch 75/75

user power bar 50

if your bored please have a go and see what you think..really enjoying the game again

Script? Just looks to me like whoever played as Tottenham basically sucks, making blind passes for one thing is really dumb.

Dembele takes a rubbish first touch which moves the ball sideways and takes all his momentum away so he has to set off from a standing start, Chiellini runs from behind, doesn't need to stop and thus reaches the ball, just because Dembele is fast he shouldn't reach full speed in just 1m or so.

Last edited:
Least it wasn't in the last minute, but as Placebo says, it's individual error really. Chiellini is very quick both in the game and in reality.

Is the Patch out? Some are saying that EA forums it seems.

It's about f'n time if true!! Haven't played the game and am eagerly awaiting the patch to finally start serious CM!

Apparently people's games freezing even more than before!! :LOL:

What a joke EA have done this year! Great game they've made but we can't play it! :LOL:

Is the Patch out? Some are saying that EA forums it seems.

It's about f'n time if true!! Haven't played the game and am eagerly awaiting the patch to finally start serious CM!

It made me update something today, it didn't take too long though...this is on the 360.

Yeah we both got it at the same time Placebo. :) Saw you online.

But the update was only 4MB for x360 where as it's 39MB for PS3 apparently and was 200MB for PC! So what the fuck?

And apparently most of the issues are still there like freezing in Arena mode when playing H2H Seasons or people's CM freezeing, etc. :(

Hard to know what this exactly includes but at least Napoli are licensed now if nothing else. lol

Well after the update everytime I go to play a H2H seasons game and find an opponent it crashes and I have to reset the xbox?! never happened to me before.....:CRY:

EDIT: Yep everytime, I have tried it a number of times and just crashes my xbox...no seasons for me then. What a crock of shit!

Last edited:
This might help - from the OS forum: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-fifa-discussion/583112-official-fifa-13-custom-team-tactics-ai-thread.html

Their spreadsheet is not completely filled out yet but you can finish most of it with the additional info found in the thread. It does take a bit of work - sacrificed a day off to enter all the tactics and assign them to every single team in the game - but it's worth it IMHO as it makes a world of difference in CPU play.

Hi Bobo21,

If I edit the tactics now, do you know if they will still affect my CM that I have already started?

lol iv only edited the premiership and from doing that its alot differnt make sure wen you start a new CM change it to currentley customised.

I was thinking of starting one with Southend which would mean doing all the English teams to make it more realistic lol.

Where do you save the formations? As there are not many slots.

I was thinking of starting one with Southend which would mean doing all the English teams to make it more realistic lol.

Where do you save the formations? As there are not many slots.

If you're just doing the EPL there are 28 slots so you'll have plenty of room. If you want to do every team or an additional league then you have to take the approach of giving several teams the same tactic as outlined in the OS spreadsheet here: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-fifa-discussion/583112-official-fifa-13-custom-team-tactics-ai-thread.html

Back
Top Bottom