FIFA 14 Sliders

Don't you find you get too many goals with ten minute halves?

I don't know who you're asking, but I play 10 min halves and no I don't see too many goals.

I see a realistic variety of scorelines, and get 0-0 matches as well as 3-3 matches but probably average about 3 goals total per match. It might be slightly above average, but I'd rather it be slightly above average than below.

But your mileage will vary depending on ability, difficulty, and slider levels. I have friends who play with manual-based slider settings and swear that they can only play with 15 min halves.

my sliders are current-gen, as i believe every other here is.

orion has a slider set for next gen at operation sports. i agree with placebo. imo even gameplay patches turn old sliders into a mess. imagine what a different version of the game for a different generation of consoles would do.

regarding old-gen sliders, i'll quote orion himself in the post #1529 of his old-gen sliders thread:

BTW guys for the record I'm going to leave this set up, just to provide some variety but in all honesty I'm going to be using Gonira's set and contributing over there. I tried it today and it was pure genius. I highly advise everyone here do the same!

:SMUG:

Don't you find you get too many goals with ten minute halves?
when you play with manual controls, higher cpu pass error (to compensate the errors you make on manual passing), higher shot error and slower pace, the game tempo changes drastically and the frequency of real scoring opportunities with all these factors added is greatly diminished, so you have to increase the half lenght to compensate and keep getting realistic results. with the settings i use, for example, i would get less than 2 goals per game with 10 minute halves, so 15 is a necessity.

I've been playing with defaults (NG) except I raised injury frequency to 85, and set speed to slow. I beat Inter (Playing as Genoa) 2-1, lost to Fiorentina 2-0, beat Sampdoria 1-0, then lost to Udinese 3-1.
I haven't ever used sliders before but decided to try looking around, but so far with defaults it's been great. CPU takes shots, usually around the same amount as me, and from distance, someone on Inter hit one from about 30, not on target but it was nice to see.

Here's my beta slider settings, they're probably pretty close to final and I imagine I'll be using these for as long as I'm playing CG Fifa (until the PS4 comes out) so other than the odd tweak this'll be it:

---------------
Controller Settings
---------------
All Manual controls
Analogue sprint
Tactical defending
---------------
Game Settings
---------------
10 Minute halves
World Class
Normal
---------------
Camera Settings
---------------
Tele
Custom
Height 20
Zoom 0
---------------

User/CPU Game Customization
---------------
Sprint Speed - 46/46
Acceleration - 42/41
Shot Error - 55/57
Pass Error - 57/63
Shot Speed – 50/50
Pass Speed - 63/73
Injury Frequency - 90/95
Injury Severity - 40/45
Goalkeeper Ability - 20/20
Positioning:Marking - 85/40
Positioning:Run Frequency - 55/55
Positioning: Line Height - 45/45
Positioning: Line Length - 40/40
Positioning: Line Width - 50/50
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 85/80
Power Bar - 55
First Touch Control Error - 70/85

I've highlighted the two key changes that for me make all the difference in the world, normal game speed is something I never imagined I'd use but by getting the speed/accel balance right the game plays so much better and has for me the correct pace about it.

GK slider set to 20 makes a massive difference in terms of how realistic the goalkeepers are now, someone asked me if lowering them so much would mean there'd be an unrealistic amount of goals scored but that really isn't the case at all, as I answered him:

Thanks for these.

I've used them as a base and will tailor to my liking.

I forgot to post my final set of Legendary/World Class sliders:

YouTube - FIFA 14 Sliders: Back to Legendary

YouTube - FIFA 14 Sliders: Also Works on World Class!

Update 1/12/14 - Back to Legendary.

The goals of this set are the following:

1. More coverage throughout the field.
2. More shot decisions by CPU versus finding perfect pass/through ball.
3. Less Linear atttack - ex. lobbed through ball over the top
4. More clearances by the CPU due to coverage.

I went back to Legendary from WC because the pressure was already there, and the CPU does't get tackled as much as WC does. The attack is not as linear as well. I also feel the sliders seem to respond better to what I have configured as well. WC is a possibility, but not tested, with these.

10-15 Mins, Legendary, Slow speed, Full Manual

Auto Switching: Air Balls; Auto-Switch Assistance: none

Legacy Defending

Sprint Speed 1/1
*this is the anchor of the slider set. Keeps the pace intact, and also allows the catch up bug with the CPU to disappear.

Acceleration 49/49
*it's amazing what one little tick of this does. I tested from 45-50; after all was said and done, 49 seemed to be the best fit with the line settings that I have. You still get decent pressure on the ball, but you also can't just have a sprint fest with the CPU.

Shot Error 52/52
*Do not go higher than this. Raising this, with the current setting, will result in less "obvious" shots by the CPU, and they will revert to trying to pass (and only pass) around the box.
Pass Error 53/63
*Also important with the CPU side. With a higher pass error value, the more the CPU tries to play those lobbed passes or through passes. The key is the run frequency in this formula.

Shot Speed 51/51
*Just a matter of feel.

Pass Speed 47/47
*Keeps the pace on point - and compliments the line set up.

Injury Freq 70/70
Injury Severity 25/25
*more getting injured, versus staying injured.

GK Ability 46/46
*With it lower, the speed of the shots will result in realistic saves by the keepers.

Marking 48/48
*sensitive value here, but too much marking - and too easy to race by. Too little, and the line settings have to be on point. I chose 48 because it lets the defenders to step to the player versus being already there - and creating a chance for the CPU to just send the ball over the top everytime.

Run Freq 0/0
*This compliments the shot accuracy and pass accuracy respectively. With it higher, the CPU is going to send the through balls, and pass around the box. The key with it being this low, it still gives room for the ball to be passed around the box - but not to the point where it is the be all end all of the CPU's attack.

Height 52/52
Length 53/53
Width 100/100
*If height is lower, the CPU will play the lobbed balls more and also not shoot when they should obviously be shooting (face on with one defender, or with keeper). Length can't be extended too far because you will get less activity in the midfield, and more on the sidelines and more throughballs as a result. Width is complimenting the offense and defense. Also helps CPU shoot more because the "park the bus" mentality is gone.

FB Positioning 0/0
*With line length and height, the fullbacks go forward enough - their positioning is still to join the attack when needed. However, putting this at zero hasn't really changed what default looks like. I do like it at 0 because the counter attacks are still there, but with marking complimenting the 0; the CPU can't just send through balls left and right.

Power Bar 50
FT Control 45/55
*This is workable, might even drop it to 50. If on World Class instead of Legendary, this definitely needs to be below 50 to prevent so many face on tackles for the user.

Is this on PC? Also what mod you using?

It can be used for any platform. I'm playing on PC, just using Moddingway default DB for now.

Eventually, I will be using a customized CL.INI file to help with fouls and CPU decisions.

I forgot to post my final set of Legendary/World Class sliders:

Update 1/12/14 - Back to Legendary.

The goals of this set are the following:

1. More coverage throughout the field.
2. More shot decisions by CPU versus finding perfect pass/through ball.
3. Less Linear atttack - ex. lobbed through ball over the top
4. More clearances by the CPU due to coverage.

I went back to Legendary from WC because the pressure was already there, and the CPU does't get tackled as much as WC does. The attack is not as linear as well. I also feel the sliders seem to respond better to what I have configured as well. WC is a possibility, but not tested, with these.

10-15 Mins, Legendary, Slow speed, Full Manual

Auto Switching: Air Balls; Auto-Switch Assistance: none

Legacy Defending

Sprint Speed 1/1
*this is the anchor of the slider set. Keeps the pace intact, and also allows the catch up bug with the CPU to disappear.

Acceleration 49/49
*it's amazing what one little tick of this does. I tested from 45-50; after all was said and done, 49 seemed to be the best fit with the line settings that I have. You still get decent pressure on the ball, but you also can't just have a sprint fest with the CPU.

Shot Error 52/52
*Do not go higher than this. Raising this, with the current setting, will result in less "obvious" shots by the CPU, and they will revert to trying to pass (and only pass) around the box.
Pass Error 53/63
*Also important with the CPU side. With a higher pass error value, the more the CPU tries to play those lobbed passes or through passes. The key is the run frequency in this formula.

Shot Speed 51/51
*Just a matter of feel.

Pass Speed 47/47
*Keeps the pace on point - and compliments the line set up.

Injury Freq 70/70
Injury Severity 25/25
*more getting injured, versus staying injured.

GK Ability 46/46
*With it lower, the speed of the shots will result in realistic saves by the keepers.

Marking 48/48
*sensitive value here, but too much marking - and too easy to race by. Too little, and the line settings have to be on point. I chose 48 because it lets the defenders to step to the player versus being already there - and creating a chance for the CPU to just send the ball over the top everytime.

Run Freq 0/0
*This compliments the shot accuracy and pass accuracy respectively. With it higher, the CPU is going to send the through balls, and pass around the box. The key with it being this low, it still gives room for the ball to be passed around the box - but not to the point where it is the be all end all of the CPU's attack.

Height 52/52
Length 53/53
Width 100/100
*If height is lower, the CPU will play the lobbed balls more and also not shoot when they should obviously be shooting (face on with one defender, or with keeper). Length can't be extended too far because you will get less activity in the midfield, and more on the sidelines and more throughballs as a result. Width is complimenting the offense and defense. Also helps CPU shoot more because the "park the bus" mentality is gone.

FB Positioning 0/0
*With line length and height, the fullbacks go forward enough - their positioning is still to join the attack when needed. However, putting this at zero hasn't really changed what default looks like. I do like it at 0 because the counter attacks are still there, but with marking complimenting the 0; the CPU can't just send through balls left and right.

Power Bar 50
FT Control 45/55
*This is workable, might even drop it to 50. If on World Class instead of Legendary, this definitely needs to be below 50 to prevent so many face on tackles for the user.

Well done! I've tried them and had a blast in the five games I played. The cpu took a lot more shots and made some nasty fouls on me.
I love it when the CPU has more chances than me but I can still scrape a win.

I'm using them on the PS4 btw.

Thanks for sharing them.

Are these all for CG? Or should they be the same for NG? Finally got an Xbox One and I'm loving the little extra touches and animations.

I think the words you're looking for is "PG" (previous generation) and "CG" (Current Generation). The "next generation consoles" becomes current gen the second they release, logically.

Well done! I've tried them and had a blast in the five games I played. The cpu took a lot more shots and made some nasty fouls on me.

Thanks for sharing them.

Fantastic, thanks for the feedback SCorpio. That definitely confirms they are working well for you PS4/Xbox1 players!

Now I just need to save up so I can join in on the console fun ;) - for now I'll enjoy the PC!

I tried them as well on the PS4 yesterday, strangely the AI for the first time ever for me started trying to exploit the chipped through ball, I've never seen it myself on my own slider set and saw it a number of times on your slider set despite you saying it was something they were designed to avoid, very odd, there are elements of your sliders I like so going to play around with a mix of yours and mine and see if there's something I like :)

I tried them as well on the PS4 yesterday, strangely the AI for the first time ever for me started trying to exploit the chipped through ball, I've never seen it myself on my own slider set and saw it a number of times on your slider set despite you saying it was something they were designed to avoid, very odd, there are elements of your sliders I like so going to play around with a mix of yours and mine and see if there's something I like :)

Ah, so weird - right? I'm still playing with this game, even right at this moment I am, and I still haven't figured it out. It's a fun one when played right. I just need to avoid constantly tweaking - I'll never get another game in at this rate! Please post yours when you've nailed it down a bit, Placebo - always look forward to seeing your progress. Great YT channel too, love seeing some nex-gen action!

The problem is for me at least is I tweak my sliders in career mode but in that mode one match to the next is never the same because of form/underdog AI etc. etc. this season I now have a really good team of players (all 80+) so the underdog AI is really kicking in and lesser teams are pressing me really hard and getting massive passing/tackling boosts, not least against lower teams in the cups, played Barnsley at home in the League cup on your sliders and Barnsley ended the match with 96% passing completion!

That's one thing I hate: I'll sometimes play my reserves in cup matches against lower league clubs, just like a top team would in real life, but then I'll get smoked. Those matches can be some of the most difficult.

For those that are seeing that high pass % - would you say it's that there is not enough pressure on the ball? Or too fast of pass speed?

I'd like to look into this - I haven't seen anything that high on current gen (PC), but maybe it's NG related. Would love if someone can post a video. Btw, Placebo - i've subbed to your channel, really enjoying each match - keep them coming!

For those that are seeing that high pass % - would you say it's that there is not enough pressure on the ball? Or too fast of pass speed?

I'd like to look into this - I haven't seen anything that high on current gen (PC), but maybe it's NG related. Would love if someone can post a video. Btw, Placebo - i've subbed to your channel, really enjoying each match - keep them coming!

Neither. It's simply that there's not enough directional error. Unrealistically high pass accuracy has always been an issue with FIFA, so it boggles my mind that you don't see it with CG PC FIfA. Pressure might be an issue when it comes to the CPU error rates but the CPU applies quite a bit of pressure on us, so it's not all down to that.

A buddy of mine created a spreadsheet so that he can track his CM match stats. I've got it from him and starting doing the same, so that I can then adjust the sliders as needed. On default slider settings, 10 min halves, semi/assisted controls, playing on Legendary as Chelsea, having played 23 games I average 89% pass accuracy, while the CPU averages 86%.

Chelsea in real life average about 83% while the league average is about 80%.

That's not terribly off, and some of the other stats are spot on: goals per game, shots on target, and average possession are all very very close to Chelsea's real life performance.

The only stat that is real off is that Chelsea in real life average less than one goal conceded per game (20 from 22 matches), whereas I concede more than 1.5 (36 from 23 matches).

So maybe what I'll do is mess around with CPU pass sliders to see if I can't get those pass accuracy numbers down and by extension concede fewer goals (I'll also probably need to increase CPU shot error too). On the other hand, as I've gotten better at the game, I've conceded fewer goals, and I don't want to end up making things too easy.

Also, while goals scored per game for me is just about right, and shots on target is almost exact to real life Chelsea, my total shots per game is about half what Chelsea really average (they average 16 shots; I average 9). I score at the same rate as Chelsea because my shot accuracy is unrealistically high - my shot accuracy is about 90% whilst Chelsea's in real life is like 40%. So I guess I might look into what can be done so that I create more chances but with a lower shot on target rate, but without messing up my goals per game stat.

Fixing total shots per game might be kinda difficult. On one hand, my pass accuracy is already 6 percentage points higher than real life Chelsea's. But if I increase pass error, that likely would only lead to fewer shots, whereas I need to raise that number. Lower CPU marking maybe?

Last edited:
Neither. It's simply that there's not enough directional error. Unrealistically high pass accuracy has always been an issue with FIFA, so it boggles my mind that you don't see it with CG PC FIfA. Pressure might be an issue when it comes to the CPU error rates but the CPU applies quite a bit of pressure on us, so it's not all down to that.

A buddy of mine created a spreadsheet so that he can track his CM match stats. I've got it from him and starting doing the same, so that I can then adjust the sliders as needed. On default slider settings, 10 min halves, semi/assisted controls, playing on Legendary as Chelsea, having played 23 games I average 89% pass accuracy, while the CPU averages 86%.

Chelsea in real life average about 83% while the league average is about 80%.

That's not terribly off, and some of the other stats are spot on: goals per game, shots on target, and average possession are all very very close to Chelsea's real life performance.

The only stat that is real off is that Chelsea in real life average less than one goal conceded per game (20 from 22 matches), whereas I concede more than 1.5 (36 from 23 matches).

So maybe what I'll do is mess around with CPU pass sliders to see if I can't get those pass accuracy numbers down and by extension concede fewer goals (I'll also probably need to increase CPU shot error too). On the other hand, as I've gotten better at the game, I've conceded fewer goals, and I don't want to end up making things too easy.

Also, while goals scored per game for me is just about right, and shots on target is almost exact to real life Chelsea, my total shots per game is about half what Chelsea really average (they average 16 shots; I average 9). I score at the same rate as Chelsea because my shot accuracy is unrealistically high - my shot accuracy is about 90% whilst Chelsea's in real life is like 40%. So I guess I might look into what can be done so that I create more chances but with a lower shot on target rate, but without messing up my goals per game stat.

Fixing total shots per game might be kinda difficult. On one hand, my pass accuracy is already 6 percentage points higher than real life Chelsea's. But if I increase pass error, that likely would only lead to fewer shots, whereas I need to raise that number. Lower CPU marking maybe?

What speed are you playing on? I have recently, testing, switched to Normal speed. It helps in the marking to a point - but it won't solve the issue with pass accuracy by the CPU.

Now to adjustments, always take one value at a time - because sometimes that is all that makes a difference.

I would adjust the CPU's passing by increasing pass speed for both USER/CPU. I would leave first touch error as the speedy passes will be harder to control.

If that doesn't help, I would drop the acceleration for both from 49/49 to 47/47. This will help in the agile directional turn the game produces - and I can imagine on NG it's very fluid as a result.

Try those, and report back if possible. I am definitely curious how you NG guys get on.

Thought I'd contribute, had 14 on PC, now on PS4

All Manual controls
Analogue sprint
Tactical defending

Game Settings

10 Minute halves
World Class or Legendary
Slow

Camera Settings

Co-op
Custom
Height 2
Zoom 0

I find this to be the most Proish camera setting for me, can see loads of the pitch, a bit of crowd. Some may find the far side of the pitch a bit far away but it's fine for me.

User/CPU Game Customization

Sprint Speed - 1/1
Acceleration - 47/47
Shot Error - 53/60
Pass Error - 45/60
Shot Speed – 50/50
Pass Speed - 48/48
Injury Frequency - 60/65
Injury Severity - 45/45
Goalkeeper Ability - 20/20
Positioning:Marking - 75/40
Positioning:Run Frequency - 0/0
Positioning: Line Height - 42/42
Positioning: Line Length - 40/40
Positioning: Line Width - 89/90
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 0/0
Power Bar - 50
First Touch Control Error - 60/70

I find that having the full back positioning and run frequency lower, helps to keep the shape of the game better, while not having a negative on the number of runs made. Same with the sprint speed,some people may find it sluggish, but for me it's more realistic, you can still accelerate past players, but now I notice a definite distance when I try and make Michael Dawson sprint after a striker.
I dropped the Line Height a couple of points to stop me being ale to play the slide rule between the fb and cb to easily and stop the cpu looking over the top.
The thing I'm interested now is making the cpu take more long shots, but with the expanded width they appear to be doing so more frequently, also thinking of adjusting the marking stat, bringing it down and seeing how this has an effect.
This is all in exhibition mode, I'm waiting for the transfer window to shut to start a master league.

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing them.

these are great sliders on ps4 - i have tweaked just slightly and reduced passing to 45 and shot power may be too high at 52 but saw some long range efforts and also some nice passing in the defense

What speed are you playing on? I have recently, testing, switched to Normal speed. It helps in the marking to a point - but it won't solve the issue with pass accuracy by the CPU.

Now to adjustments, always take one value at a time - because sometimes that is all that makes a difference.

I would adjust the CPU's passing by increasing pass speed for both USER/CPU. I would leave first touch error as the speedy passes will be harder to control.

If that doesn't help, I would drop the acceleration for both from 49/49 to 47/47. This will help in the agile directional turn the game produces - and I can imagine on NG it's very fluid as a result.

Try those, and report back if possible. I am definitely curious how you NG guys get on.

I play on Normal.

Those are some interesting ideas but to be honest I don't really see the logic between the issues I raised and your solutions.

I doubt I'll touch pass speed. Playing on Normal gamespeed with default assistance settings, pass speed is fine. I only increase that when I play manual.

Besides, like I've said, the issue remains as it always has been: directional error is lacking, especially when playing against lower rated squads (e.g. Cardiff had 86% against me, Shrewsbury in a cup tie had 85 and 89(!), and Middlesbrough had 90).

So to that end I'll likely adjust the pass error sliders first. The tricky part is that like I mentioned, another issue is that my chance creation is low, and increasing pass error is likely to only make things worse. So that'll need addressing. (On the other hand, my pass accuracy average of 89% is only 2.5 percentage points higher than Arsenal's in real life, and considering my Chelsea CM team is pretty awesome, adjusting my own pass error isn't the highest of priorities. Now what happens when I begin playing a lower league CM, that might be different.)

Beyond that, like I've said the other area that likely needs tweaking is shot accuracy and save percentages, but those shouldn't be too hard as it just means finding the right mix between shot and gk error.

I don't know why you'd suggest touching the acceleration sliders - that's not an issue whatsoever and I have no problems with the speed of things. If I'm playing manual, then yeah, I need it slower, but not with semi/assisted settings.

Last edited:
Placebo, you still rocking injury frequency at 90/95?

I think I'm at 80/85 but I'm scared of going higher. On one hand there's still too few injuries overall, but on the other hand I've had matches where guys are dropping like flies.

I play on Normal.

Those are some interesting ideas but to be honest I don't really see the logic between the issues I raised and your solutions.

I doubt I'll touch pass speed. Playing on Normal gamespeed with default assistance settings, pass speed is fine. I only increase that when I play manual.

Besides, like I've said, the issue remains as it always has been: directional error is lacking, especially when playing against lower rated squads (e.g. Cardiff had 86% against me, Shrewsbury in a cup tie had 85 and 89(!), and Middlesbrough had 90).

So to that end I'll likely adjust the pass error sliders first. The tricky part is that like I mentioned, another issue is that my chance creation is low, and increasing pass error is likely to only make things worse. So that'll need addressing. (On the other hand, my pass accuracy average of 89% is only 2.5 percentage points higher than Arsenal's in real life, and considering my Chelsea CM team is pretty awesome, adjusting my own pass error isn't the highest of priorities. Now what happens when I begin playing a lower league CM, that might be different.)

Beyond that, like I've said the other area that likely needs tweaking is shot accuracy and save percentages, but those shouldn't be too hard as it just means finding the right mix between shot and gk error.

I don't know why you'd suggest touching the acceleration sliders - that's not an issue whatsoever and I have no problems with the speed of things. If I'm playing manual, then yeah, I need it slower, but not with semi/assisted settings.

My suggestions don't come without experience - let's just say that ;) If I were to avoid testing because it didn't seem logical - I would never touch sliders (especially EA Sports sliders).

I didn't go into it as in depth so I will now. My premise is that pass accuracy is controlled by positioning and decision making, and pass accuracy is an obvious approach - but it skews skill and overall feel imho. They go hand in hand when you address the Pass speed and acceleration (which is actually agility as well). The value of pass error is helpful - however the issue with pass accuracy is commonly because the player being passed to is wide open and not properly covered.

Pass Speed - why raise it? Pass speed increases a better chance of poor control by the player - which also creates an emphasis to control first, then pass - that little split second decision could allow the marking to take over - and what player could have been open before; is not as open as he was before.

Acceleration - it not only affects dribbling and overall speed. It also affects the agility of players. If you drop it all the way down to zero - the player feels VERY heavy, and the turns are less on a dime, so to speak. Dropping it down 2 notches will affect the CPU's decision making again - because it's 1) not as easy to turn and 2) result in a slightly delayed run made by the intended open player and 3) the players defending will be in position as a result of spending less time to cover an already open man - and have a emphasis to stay in their position due to lack of mobility (conserving stamina).

Yes, you will see the pace drop in terms of being "on the ball" - but with the increase in speed + decrease agility - it should balance everything out.

Sliders, global editing, etc - all of this is code - thus a chain reaction, and one little change here or there might make all the difference. I usually approach with an "extreme" change (i.e. speed being @ 1) to see a significant and immediate difference.

My suggestions don't come without experience - let's just say that ;) If I were to avoid testing because it didn't seem logical - I would never touch sliders (especially EA Sports sliders).

I didn't go into it as in depth so I will now. My premise is that pass accuracy is controlled by positioning and decision making, and pass accuracy is an obvious approach - but it skews skill and overall feel imho. They go hand in hand when you address the Pass speed and acceleration (which is actually agility as well). The value of pass error is helpful - however the issue with pass accuracy is commonly because the player being passed to is wide open and not properly covered.

Pass Speed - why raise it? Pass speed increases a better chance of poor control by the player - which also creates an emphasis to control first, then pass - that little split second decision could allow the marking to take over - and what player could have been open before; is not as open as he was before.

Acceleration - it not only affects dribbling and overall speed. It also affects the agility of players. If you drop it all the way down to zero - the player feels VERY heavy, and the turns are less on a dime, so to speak. Dropping it down 2 notches will affect the CPU's decision making again - because it's 1) not as easy to turn and 2) result in a slightly delayed run made by the intended open player and 3) the players defending will be in position as a result of spending less time to cover an already open man - and have a emphasis to stay in their position due to lack of mobility (conserving stamina).

Yes, you will see the pace drop in terms of being "on the ball" - but with the increase in speed + decrease agility - it should balance everything out.

Sliders, global editing, etc - all of this is code - thus a chain reaction, and one little change here or there might make all the difference. I usually approach with an "extreme" change (i.e. speed being @ 1) to see a significant and immediate difference.

No offense but I think you make things more complicated than they need be. If one slider (CPU pass error)fixes the issue, I don't see the point or logic in adjusting two sliders instead, especially considering that those two - acceleration and pass speed - will have knock-on effects of their own.

I understand that you have your own "premise" for how passing works but, quite frankly, I don't agree and I think your interpretation of the problem is flawed. If those types of more extreme alterations create a gameplay you enjoy, I'm glad for you. Personally I enjoy the game on default settings and your sliders are a bit too drastic for my tastes. I don't think such extreme settings are necessary, at least for me.

There's good reason why the most popular slider sets include adjusting CPU pass error upwards. If that does the trick, that's good enough for me. Seeking more complicated solutions such as you suggest would be a last resort, but thanks for the suggestion. If pass error doesn't create a more realistic CPU pass accuracy average by itself - and I don't know why it wouldn't - then I'll revisit your ideas.

Back
Top Bottom