NBA 2K15 - PS4/Xbox One/PC/PS3/X360

Da Czar got hired by 2K, great move but I hope this isn't the end of his videos.

Hopefully his job is not audio related. The guy has one of the worst voices, if not the worst voice I have ever heard. Once I heard it I shut if off.

Last edited:
Hopefully his job is not audio related. The guy has one of the worst voices, if not the worst voice I have ever heard. Once I heard it I shut if off.

I love his voice, it's real NOICE!!! :LOL:

That face scan stuff looks really cool. Great addition for my career mode. Hopefully they have more audio choices for your player this year.

Nice trailer. Wasn't that amazing, but it did make me more excited for the game.

October 6th can't come soon enough. :)

Now this get my hopes on.

It would be nice if they improve defensive schemes also, I wanna see different teams playing different style, same goes for players. All I see is better defensive guys getting more 'glued' to the play and having better reaction, which is fine, but its time to take the next step on that side too.

I know they have different approaches for picknroll defense for example, but teams only try something new when the usual is not working or your guy is on fire. I know most teams in real life play the same kind of defense these days, but there are still moments some of them try something different.

There's a part 2 and 3 on the Da Czar offense videos, I also saw on the 2K livestream that to adjust the pick n roll defense, offensive focus and every basketball nerd stuff is quite easy to change.

The game is looking very promising again.

Finally got the game, I have skipped 2K14 on both gens since I loved 2K13 and had a crazy deep edited roster.

But now I'm in on the next-gen, and boy does it look impressive. Plays really smooth too.

Still play a lot like 13, help defense is tighter though and this is fantastic, only thing I didn't liked is the clutch, I've never felt the cpu that strong in the clutch since 2K11 and that was pure cheese.

Controls been a pain for me as well, still got get used to the left trigger being the 'pass' trigger, whenever I'm driving I always do the wrong thing.

Now lets jump in on a couple of roster tweaking, some sliders and play a lot of association, if that mode still exists, so I can make tons of VC before I play the shitty career mode, I hate it but I'll play so I can have a good crew player.

Association is there under a new name, my league I think.

I have it, but i still don't have my PS4 at the moment...i will have it tomorrow.
Anyway, the NBA 2K games are wasted on me.
On the one hand i love them, but i have the feeling that i only scratch the surface of the game. I like to watch basketball, but to be honest i'm clueless...

Is there a good tutorial regarding the plays like the triangle offense (now in the game, i've read somewhere). I've been reading a fantastic book by Phil Jackson (coach of the Jordan-era Bulls and the Lakers) and he talks all the time about the triangle...i haven't got the faintest clue what he's on about.

I've thoroughly enjoyed his theories about Zen Buddhism, Mindfullness and leadership...great reading, even for people who don't like basketball (my wife read it too and she like the book). Sorry to be off-topic (kind of).

Hey, about time you get your PS4 back! I would like to play 2k with you, we can play co-op against the CPU, I think, like last year. I did so with members of this forum and after a period of learning how to play together it was quite good.

The basics of basketball are quite easy, actually, but understanding "systems" like the triangle or the miami pace and space (as da czar shows in some videos) it's not necessary to really enjoy the game.

Anyway, in youtube you can find great stuff about the most basic principles (pick'n'roll, pick'n'pop, pick'n'fade, screens etc...) and stuff about systems, such as this one:
EDIT: Sauce Videos below are much better!

And good and more ind-depths articles like this one:
http://www.coachesclipboard.net/TriangleOffense.html

The good thing about the NBA is the blend of individuality vs team movement. In certain conditions, it's all about skill, while in others it's all about the system and the plays, but the fact you can't defend in zone lets big stars shine better.

By the way, how is it called that book?

Last edited:
I was kinda of the same gerd, although I loved watching the game as a kid back in the day, I only came to understand the 'tactical' side of the game on the current video-game era.

The game is deep on this tactical end, everything I've learned was pretty much playing controlling the point guard only. Going on the practice mode and messing up with the play book is fine, but playing the game as a point guard is the best way in my opinion.

Auto play calling is a must. 2K camera is also a must so you can see the floor movement in front of you. Another awesome thing is changing the hud so you can see everything of the play, the arrows, where the screens are set and the passing options.

After playing a season running your team offense you will learn a lot.

And last but not least, there's coach Nick youtube channel, that has a lot of video content where you can see stuff really happens, reading Zach Lowe and other basketball nerd is fun, but they usually give examples with still images, I find coach Nick videos to be easier to learn. Here's the triangle offense for example:

YouTube - The Triangle Offense Part 1: How The Lakers And Bulls Won Titles:

There is no defense in this video, but there are a lot on his channel about actual NBA games that are very helpful.

Sauce, thanks for the video.
The book is called Eleven Rings.
I'm even worse than you guys think, i don't know the positions...i don't know what a point guard is (oops).

In the video about the triangle, the guy mentions Tex Winner (i think), this is they guy who was in the staff with Phul Jackson when he coached the Bulls and later the Lakers (for a couple of years).

Alex, maybe we could give it a try, but i will embarass you. I'm very, very bad. And i really can't defend...

I like NBA2K games, but i'm terrible at them...i mean really, really terrible...

Last edited:
I really don't bother with all the advanced plays as I find a lot of them to be useless. Anyone can become decent at 2k15 (win about 50-60 percent of their games) if they run the pick and roll, pick and pop, and freelance with their best player. Just watch some videos of Chris Paul/Blake Grffin and Tony Parker/Tim Duncan. Freelance is basically just giving the ball to your best player and trying to score.

IMO 15 is much harder than 14.
I'm getting plenty of travelling violaties when shooting. Seems less intuitive now.

Chris Davies' avatar is in the game...

The AI never been cheesier, game got me pissed off in the first weekend.

Some old things are back and stronger than ever, the damn clutch making the AI unstoppable on the crucial moments.

And the layup cheese is back, it does not matter if you pick the right side to do your layup, your player will hesitate a bit so the defender can contest or you will pick the worst possible layup so it can be blockable.

And its a shame cause everything else is fantastic, gonna have to work out some radical sliders, changing the driving contact to zero if it helps to change that driving cheese, driving is impossible the way it is right now, also I can't figure it out how to eurostep.

Back
Top Bottom