Assassin's Creed 3

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Searched but couldn't find an existing thread?

Best video so far for me:

YouTube - Assassin's Creed 3 - Boston demo commented walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Despite the fact all they've shown is him killing British soldiers (supposedly this changes throughout the story as he's still going after the Templars).

It does look really solid, ordered this yesterday:

329476_4358279994399_897466875_o.jpg

Went for the PC version as the "Freedom" edition for the PC version was only like £62 which I thought was a bargain considering what's included, it's a controller game anyways so I'll just run it from my PC through to the projector in the bedroom, tested that setup with Max Payne3 and a 360-PC wireless controller receiver (cheap generic one off Ebay) and it works perfectly, full 1080p PC graphics with everything maxxed out on a 120" screen, perfection! :)

Looks good, as usual.

I just finished GTA IV main story so I've got time now to go back and finish AC Brotherhood and start on Revelations. Although I don't mind picking up Assassins Creed 3 a little bit past release date. I only like paying full price for sports games as the rosters go out of date unlike these action games ;)

Well yes it's released next Wednesday, unless you bought the PC version and then the odious cunts that are Ubisoft sneak in a month's delay of the PC version a week or two before the release date that's been advertised for the past year or so.

So I have to wait until November 23rd to get this:

ac3_freedom_edition_mockup.jpg

Probably just as well because nothing's swaying me from Fifa right now, haven't even bothered trying Dishonored at all and I was really looking forward to that!

For me the best series of games I've played, can't wait to play this.

Although actually I will be waiting, it'll be a 'xmas' list game.

FD

My favourite game series also. Have gone back to finish off Brotherhood as I lent it out along with Revelations and never got back to finishing them as I was going through GTA IV. Have AC 3 on pre-order but my mate will play my copy while I finish Brotherhood and Revelations. The cities and stories are just really immersive and I love it lol.

Will definitely get this at some point, as I've played all 4 games of the series so far. But I'm not rushing to buy it, maybe waiting for a price drop even. I finished AC Revelations back in April but I'm not ready yet to have another assassin adventure. In fact I can't stand the sight of it right now :P

I'm wary of Ubisoft cashing in every year with this game, having extended the Ezio Auditore plot beyond necessary. IMO AC2 was spot on, the best game of this series in terms of story and immersion. After that the games got bigger and bigger, and not in a refreshing way.
AC Brotherhood and Revelations were a bit of a chore for me at times. Some things in the gameplay loop are too repetitive and mechanical to the point it stops being fun to play the whole thing. I actually got bored at some points in Brotherhood and Revelations.
For me the story missions are the main thing, as side missions and quests require too much time.

I hope Ubisoft made this one much more refreshing than the other titles. Plus will be nice to see a Templar conspiracy plot unveiling in America :)

After about a year of off and on gameplay i'm about to finish AC2.
Absolutely love the game but as Rentboy says, after this i also won't play another assasin game for a while.
I will definately get AC Revelations though. I have travelled to Istanbul about 25 times for work in the last 10 years, so i would love to roam around that city.

AC3 looks good where climbing and fighting is concerned.
What i absolutely don't like : the cities.
They don't look very good at all compared to the italian cities of AC2 or the Istanbul of AC Revelations.
Might pick this one up once it's very cheap but i think they made a wrong choice regarding the setting of the game.

Just started playing this the last few days and shocked how easy it is, no skill levels to choose and despite being a teen Indian with no Assassin training I can walk into a fort and kill 100+ redcoats in hand to hand combat without the slightest risk, also killing all the animals is stupidly easy, kill 5 bears one after the other without the slightest bit hurt etc etc, I'll go through to finish off the story etc but I'm already really bored with it, glad I only got the PC version so saved something like £15, at least the action figure is worth the money alone, it's incredibly detailed and a really good size :)

despite being a teen Indian with no Assassin training I can walk into a fort and kill 100+ redcoats in hand to hand combat without the slightest risk, also killing all the animals is stupidly easy, kill 5 bears one after the other without the slightest bit hurt

can you post the video capture of your gameplay?
this is not offensive.
i just want to watch the amazing gameplay video.

Last edited:
I haven't played either of the first two for some time but I don't remember them being as easy as this one, I know they obviously had the stupid queuing system when fighting multiple enemies but I seem to remember dying a few times when faced by a large group of enemies, not here.

I've not long started playing this and i'm enjoying it and its quite a lot better than AC2 imo

Loads more stuff to do so once again im getting sidetracked for hours instead of doing missions :LOL:

Just finished this. I liked the Animus plot in the first 6 or 7 sequences. And that's all that is good in the game IMO. "Real world" missions with Desmond are a joke, everything is half arsed and rushed. Too much melee going on too (hard to believe 21st century Templars wouldn't be all carrying machine guns, shotguns and grenades).
Side missions at Homestead are stupid and useless, and many aspects of the game are rough around the edges.

This is also the game with the most bugs I have seen in a long time. The inconsistencies go from people being swallowed into the ground and walking past walls, to dialogues triggered in the wrong time! I actually bumped into George Washington in Boston and started a dialogue that shouldn't have happened before 3 or 4 more missions! :FAIL:

Also, my New York northern district contact never ever appeared on the map for me, so I couldn't complete the Liberation mission for that region.
This is really really bad. Piss poor from Ubi$oft. They're just releasing Beta versions upon us every year!

I'm done with the series for good now. Not worth it!

Anyone buy the George Washington DLC?

Was thinking of buying it, but not sure, is it full of proper cut scenes and feels like a standalone game? Just that your talking darn near £25 for it.

FD

bit late to the party, but i started playing the game this week.
Must say i'm very disappointed with it.

First of all, horses are back, meh. Then there's this whole area with wildlife to explore. To me it just seems like a very cheap and downgraded version of Red dead redemption. But RDR is so much better where horseriding and hunting is concerned.

Just not my cup of tea. All i wanted to do was do the story, everything else could not catch my attention.
The cities are so so, not as breathtaking as Rome or Constantinopel.

Nope, not for me this game. I'll finish the game and move on to Black Flag.
Seems i need to buy a PS4 in order to be an assassin in the breathtaking Paris.

I suggest taking a break in between AC games, otherwise you'll burn out and hate ACIV too.

ACIV is not without it's annoyances. People rave about the boat missions in IV, but I personally despised them. ACIV is a definite improvement over AC3. Better characters and story.

I suggest taking a break in between AC games, otherwise you'll burn out and hate ACIV too.

ACIV is not without it's annoyances. People rave about the boat missions in IV, but I personally despised them. ACIV is a definite improvement over AC3. Better characters and story.

You're absolutely right. It is what i have been doing so far.
Even so I don't like AC3. Having 2 kids means i'm way behind my games anyway, so i'll take my time before i jump into black flag.

Thanks for the tip.

Ok, i now officially hate this game!!!!!
Busy in sequence 10 on the mission where i must not let the messengers reach the camp. One of those types of missions i hate : time based.

You have to ride your damn horse through the wilderness. The horseriding is absolutely terrible. I hate it. Was glad it was not in the last few game but unfortunately it is back in this one.

Too much pointless riding and running from location to location.

Yes, i hate it. Took it out of the ps3 and will not be playing it again.
First AC ever that i will not finish.

Bah

Back
Top Bottom