GTA V

Last edited:
GTA5 promises to "take full advantage of the power of PC," with various improvements such as higher resolution and graphical detail, denser traffic, greater draw distances, upgraded AI, and advanced weather and damage effects.

The epic open-world game will also feature "new wildlife" and a video editor for advanced movie-making.

GTA5 for PC includes Grand Theft Auto Online, and the listing promises that all content added since launch - including such things as new jobs and customisations - will be present in the PC version. As previously promised, multiplayer progress will carry over between the PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions.

I would assume the above also applies to next gen too.

GTA5 promises to "take full advantage of the power of PC," with various improvements such as higher resolution and graphical detail, denser traffic, greater draw distances, upgraded AI, and advanced weather and damage effects.

Good news indeed, especially the last few bits :)

About time, because almost all GTAs have been poorly optimized for PC. They're also one of the first to admit/take advantage of the additional processing power to improve AI. It seems very obvious but devs usually don't dare admit it.

About time, because almost all GTAs have been poorly optimized for PC. They're also one of the first to admit/take advantage of the additional processing power to improve AI. It seems very obvious but devs usually don't dare admit it.

It would also be interesting to know if this is improvements made to the PC version or the next gen version in general.

As the processing power of a PC is well above and beyond a next gen system, but I don't think we will know until people start comparing the game when it is released, but I am personally probably won't play the game for a couple of months after release as I will want all the mods.

Stumbled on this, unless I've been "whooshed" it's modded GTA IV:

http://gfycat.com/OnlyGlitteringGrizzlybear

Looks so close to real life, imagine how good GTA V is going to be modded!
That video does look fantastic - I own GTA IV on Steam and a few months ago I went through a spell of trying everything to get my game to look like that video (I watched it on YouTube). Downloaded about 15GB if not more of textures etc.

It was quite impressive, it looked far better than GTA V 360/PS3, but it wasn't quite as breathtakingly realistic as these videos make it look.
The compression of the videos does it a lot of favours, and there's so much texture pop-in and performance issues during gameplay. Even on quite a high-spec PC 6 years on from release it doesn't do a smooth 60fps unmodded. With all these mods it was about 35-40.

Hopefully the PC version is much better this time around - Max Payne 3 performed very well on PC so hopefully Rockstar put those guys on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom