Steam Deals

Too many years spent on Steam sales so still nothing bought for me this time, I've pretty much got anything that comes out that I'm interested in anyway. I'll probably pick up some smaller games at some point though.

Just broke my duck for this summer;

- Space Run (though only on 25% sale due to being new out - it wont go any lower)

- Speedball2/Chaos Engine - About £2.50 - bargain!

- Rogue Legacy

- and picked up Space Hulk in the Humble Bundle (2nd Tier, $6 level) which is a steal considering how much it is normally (£7 on steam on sale at mo, £18 on Humble Store)

Space Run is really quite good. I got it cos it looks a bit like the board game "Space Trucker" - and in a lot of ways it is similar, as both are based around building a ship on a grid 'board' and then taking it into space to see how long you can last!

But in space run, you can update the ship as you are journeying with credits earned from whatevr you kill - so its a bit like Tower Defense too... defo worth a look.

Just made next purchase, Game Dev Tycoon... couldnt resist for a couple of quid!

Indeed. AC6 for only £9.99, although the saving isn't quite as good when you factor in the £14m you need to spend on the time machine as well ;)

£14m are you sure??

I managed to find this and my friend Emmett said he would help construct the time machine.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C513169

So £23000 to play AC6 now - so if we all practice playing PayDay tonight we can plan a bank heist at the weekend and get this plan in action.

So far....

Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition
Stanley Parable
Dishonoured
Banished

...all for about £20. Now just need to find some time to play them.

Not much at all for me so far;

Space Hulk - £1.42
Shadow Warrior - £5.99

Just noticed GOG.com has a finale sale on today and some great games on offer.

It is a really fun and addictive game, I've put over 50 hours into it and played TM Nations loads years ago. The multiplayer in it is great - there aren't loads of people on though like the TM Nations days because 1) this isn't free and 2) the way they sell Canyon/Valley/Stadium as 3 seperate products divides the fanbase.

That's pretty cool that it's still going - I haven't played it in a couple of years at least but it was/is a class game.

In TM2 Stadium, I recommend the Dutch server 'LOLMaps' - they play a nice variety of skill based/unusual tracks and they have a bunch of really skilled guys playing regularly.

Great, thanks to Steam's cloud for screwing my Dead Island Riptide progress. Wasted 3 hours of my precious time. If anybody have experience playing Dead Island they know how tedious most of the quests can be, since it require plenty of fetching from one point to another. I'm not gonna repeat those part again.

It is exactly why I always prefer traditional offline saving method. Too much technology doesn't always bring good end result.

Great, thanks to Steam's cloud for screwing my Dead Island Riptide progress. Wasted 3 hours of my precious time. If anybody have experience playing Dead Island they know how tedious most of the quests can be, since it require plenty of fetching from one point to another. I'm not gonna repeat those part again.

It is exactly why I always prefer traditional offline saving method. Too much technology doesn't always bring good end result.

Do what I do and disable cloud saving.

here you can occasionally find great bundles (usually you get steam key when you purchase it) for really cheap. I just recently bought Buy Ship Simulator Extremes Collection which includes game + 5 (out of 6 released) DLCs for just 2,99€ (while real price on Steam is 29,99€)

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/

here you can occasionally find great bundles (usually you get steam key when you purchase it) for really cheap. I just recently bought Buy Ship Simulator Extremes Collection which includes game + 5 (out of 6 released) DLCs for just 2,99€ (while real price on Steam is 29,99€)

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/
Yeah I've bought a few things from there - a lot of the games they include are garbage but occasionally you can pick up some quality games for next to nothing. I seem to remember one of their bundles having Tropico 4 and DLC for only a couple of quid, absolute steal.

Back
Top Bottom