GTA IV - NON-SPOILER THREAD

Kamy, he says "they will POSSIBLY sell it early".

I've just rang them myself, they're not selling it yet. My local game shop will think I'm a right bellend now.

Sorry mate, I have been looking through that thread and they have been posting info about shop actually selling it, didn't read the bit about "possibly". Tell him to ring the Leigh shop, that is only 20 or so miles from Liverpool.

Woah guys just chill out and wait till tuesday

visiting 36 shops is just madness when the game is only 3-4 days away

Game have shipped mine today.

If it doesnt turn up Monday, I'm still gonna go to the midnight ASDA special and then take my Game copy back to the store for a refund!

Someone reassure me.

I had an email from HMV saying it was dispatched via Special Delivery 9am "Guaranteed" on Thursday, this obviously wasn't true because it didn't arrive the next day. I have no problem with that though, I realise it's because of the whole "we'll sue yo ass" thing. My question is this:

I got a tracking number on Friday, when I try to track the parcel it says it "hasn't arrived at the mail centre yet". Does this mean it hasn't been posted yet and the tracking number's just been reserved or something? Or is it now definitely in the post?

I will be majorly gutted if I don't get it on Monday.

They probably didn't send it on Thursday just to be safe it didn't get to you on Saturdays post

It's probably in between the sorting office and HMV's store house - should get to the sorting today... probably be sorted overnight if they work ... delivered Monday

Or worse case scenario - they don't work Saturday night.. it gets sorted Sunday night Monday morning... and is put in a pile for Tuesdays post.

Last edited:
Someone reassure me.

I had an email from HMV saying it was dispatched via Special Delivery 9am "Guaranteed" on Thursday, this obviously wasn't true because it didn't arrive the next day. I have no problem with that though, I realise it's because of the whole "we'll sue yo ass" thing. My question is this:

I got a tracking number on Friday, when I try to track the parcel it says it "hasn't arrived at the mail centre yet". Does this mean it hasn't been posted yet and the tracking number's just been reserved or something? Or is it now definitely in the post?

I really doubt you'll get it Monday because Rockstar will sue there asses.

I'm heading to ASDA on Monday.

From what the guy was saying in ASDA tho is get there at least an hour early.

They had 50 people turn up for 20 copy's of wiifit on Friday.

What a lovely game. I surely owe my mate big time for lending me his ps3 and gta 4 :D Man this game looks so sweet in HD. PS3 version looks sweet as ever. Really been a while since i last played a GTA game. I'm loving it!

According to an IGN review the ps3 version is slighty better:

Past GTA titles have had mild-to-serious framerate issues and technical glitches, because the games were trying to do far more than the PlayStation 2 could handle. While GTA IV is pushing the PS3 and 360 to the limit, it also runs amazingly well. Sure, there are framerate hitches here and there and (particularly on 360) there is some texture pop-in, but it actually runs better than I expected. That a game with great AI, an awesome physics engine and a detailed open world runs so well and with such short load times is a technical marvel. For that, I can forgive framerate issues and some noticeable aliasing.

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

If you're wondering which version to buy, the best suggestion is to consider what your friends will purchase. That's because online multiplayer has made its way into GTA IV and it is awesome. And, like all great things, it's best played when drunk and with as many friends as possible.

Was already thinking of getting the ps3 version, what with the box on its way out and all, so glad to hear this and it not being some shoddy port :D

I'm heading to ASDA on Monday.

From what the guy was saying in ASDA tho is get there at least an hour early.

They had 50 people turn up for 20 copy's of wiifit on Friday.

Im getting there for 10:30pm.

Might put a shift in for them while im there :LOL:

Someone reassure me.

We have a couple of the orange slips here, the Recorded Delivery Signed For things you fill in when you're sending something recorded. So I've just put the number into the Royal Mail website - bear in mind these are blank, never been used - and I get the exact same page up that I get when I type in the GTA IV tracking code.

It's not in the post yet, I won't be getting it until Tuesday. Fuckfuckfuck.

(I could actually get it from a guy on Monday but the thing is, I can't send the HMV one back because of all the shit it comes with, and I can't take it back to the local guy because - well because he's "independent", he'd only let me do a trade-in and I'd lose a tenner.)

Ruined my weekend TBH.

I have my preorder with 365games, just noticed this on their website, do you reckon I have anything to worry about here?

"This version will work online but we cannot guarantee it will connect to UK servers"

hi guys

i have had my gta ps3 copy since friday morning.

my friend at my local independant game shop sold me it early.

one thing i want to warn every one about is that when playing the game even with the volume settings turned up the volume in the game is so quiet. i literally have to turn up my tv volume to nearly double compared to all other games and media.

please can you guys confirm weather or not you suffer the same prob as im getting when you guys get your copies.

i have also been told the 360 versions volume is really low as well.

p.s its a good game.well its growing on me.

i really love gta games but so far its been the same olf gta game to part from the slightly better graphics with good lighting.

Back
Top Bottom