GTA IV - NON-SPOILER THREAD

CW

C Dub
Founding Member
6 October 2001
Liverpool
Lets have a thread for all non spoilery stuff, for example where you are getting the game and all that gubbins.

Hopefully we can keep this thread clean and people wont be afraid to come in here as someone has forgotten to spoiler tag a post

Just rang HMV for a laugh, to see what they'd say about the game not arriving despite being posted special delivery yesterday. They said that they've had so many orders that Royal Mail are being paid to deliver these packages up to 7:30pm at night - but they haven't paid the weekend delivery surcharge and so if it's not here tonight, it will be Monday.

Sounds like a pile of old bollocks to me, but let's see. Who was it who said "it's the hope that kills you"... Adrian Chiles?

Rang another Morrison's, bit far but what the fuck.

Hello?
Hi, could you tell me if you've got GTA IV for Xbox 360 please?
One sec.
It's not on the shelves.
So it could be in the back?
Yeah, it could be.
Can you check for me please?
No.
[silence]
[more silence]
Okay, thanks, bye.

What the fuck?

I'm tempted to go now but it's a long way to go for nothing.

hehe i just rang my mate his got my copy and im gunna pick it up tomorrow, he works in morrisons and selling it to me for £50 but selling it to 20 others for 60 lol but because im a good mate of his and have been since high school im getting it for 50.

well thats my staurday night planned and the wife said its ok too!

Amazon are pushing me to the limit, they still haven't taken any money from my account but it does says estimated ship date April 28th, we'll see...

Guttedly (if that's even a word), I give up.

I've rang six more shops this morning (two Morrisons, two Asdas and two Blockbusters), and all of them know the game isn't on sale until Tuesday. The woman at the first Asda even said to me "I think it's going to be extremely busy at midnight on Monday".

The Morrisons stores knew nothing about the release date yesterday, yet today they know it (they were practically screaming "APRIL 29TH"). I'm betting they've sold a couple yesterday and they've been told off...

GTA HAS BEEN DISPATCHED!

Dear Stefano Scaglione,

We are pleased to inform you that your order has been dispatched by our team in Basingstoke.

Thank you very much for ordering from us here at gameplay, you should receive your package in 1 - 3 Working Days.

This dispatch contains the following:
ty Description
1 Grand Theft Auto IV [Xbox 360]

The shipment details are as follows:

I've had no phone call from Gamestation about the midnight launch - they said the other day they where phoning people on thursday and friday about it... but nothing.

Im guessing they'll phone either today or monday.. .if not... :cry:

me @ ASDA this morning:-

M: "Dont suppose by any chance you are selling GTA4 today?"
A: "No sorry love, Tuesday 29th"
M: "Ahh ok - have you got your stock it yet"
A: "Yea, hang on.... here ya go" (brings me a PS3 version out from the back)
M: "Nooooooooo! DONT SHOW ME IT!" (to which she looks surprised and horrified)
A: "Its on-sale 12:01 on Tuesday Morning ... if you are that desperate for it. We've got 30 in"

I could hear her laughing as I walked off... :(

Nowhere else selling - like JB, I've given up. Roll on Tuesday!

According to someone on AVFORUMS the shop below is selling it in Liverpool:

"Chips Shop"
Unit 5
9 Slater Street
Liverpool
L1 4BW
0151 708 0022

You're joking... That's only a few miles away.

I won't get there in time if it's being advertised across the net though. :(

I too have given up on getting the game early.

Ive been to Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield and even Dewsbury - I had zero luck at all.

I visited 36 stores in total, all telling me the same thing.

XB2GT01LE.jpg

I've just told my local games shop that Chip Shop are selling them early, if he can confirm with them that it's true then I'll be getting my copy tonight.

Fuck yeah.

The shop below has also been selling it, again on AVFORUMS people have bought it from here and they have pics:

Cannings
Spinning Gate
Leigh,
Lancashire
WN7 4PG
Phone: 01942 260919

Kamy, can you point me to the thread on AV Forums where Chip Shop in Liverpool is mentioned?

If the guy at my local shop thinks I'm a liar I want to give him the address.

Back
Top Bottom