Microsoft Xbox One X

All these console wars lead us to point of no return, from today console market was changed forever. Personally I have bought all consoles before PS1 days, after that I have owned all PS and only xbox 360 before ps3 becouse xbox died with red rings of dead failure. But today Microsoft announced something like new generation of hardware which is a lot more powerful than current gen of consoles. For Microsoft is big step forward becouse this is something new with backward capabilites, I wonder how much time will take exclusives to be released becouse is such a waste of hardware to play games that can`t run 1080p 60fps on the Xbox One. On the other hand Sony put a knife in the back on their customers including me. Nobody can follow these trends on 3-4 years cycle on new generation of the games. Neo will bring 4K videos and upscaling in games and that doesn`t bother me becouse it isn`t native 4K, but that no more makes me proud owner of PS4. All these things will lead gamers to buy pc becouse consoles will be expensive sport in the coming years.

Console gamers will always be console gamers because of it's ease. There's absolutely no fiddling around.

You shouldn't feel hurt. Your game will still look as good as it does on your PS4.

Regarding the Scorpio, if it was released this holidays then I'd say 6TF would be great, but waiting another year and a half, I'm not sure it would be as powerful then.

Console gamers will always be console gamers..

PC Gamers will always be PC gamers..

You can't change people's habits and the way they prefer gaming..

Console gamers don't like the complexity of PC gaming and the problems which can happen to your PC if your a retard and can't use one properly.

PC gamers can't play console games because they look terrible in comparison and take an age to load..

Trying to persuade each other which is better has been a bitch war for ages and at the end of the day each to their own.

• Staff
if your a retard
Delicious, delicious irony.

Trying to persuade each other which is better has been a bitch war for ages and at the end of the day each to their own.
Not really sure if you can say "each to their own" after using the term "retard" (nor after neglecting to consider genuinely valid points, e.g. if you want to play with friends, the chances are that the majority won't have gaming PCs, or PCs capable of the game you want to play if it's a new game, etc. etc. etc.).

Last edited:
Delicious, delicious irony.

Not really sure if you can say "each to their own" after using the term "retard" (nor after neglecting to consider genuinely valid points, e.g. if you want to play with friends, the chances are that the majority won't have gaming PCs, or PCs capable of the game you want to play if it's a new game, etc. etc. etc.).

Ok retard has been taken out of context..
Problems with PCs are generally always user issue and rarely hardware or OS.
PC gaming is incredibly easy these days and not the massive pain it was 10 years ago in having to download drivers and the constant manual downloading of patches.
PC gaming still has the stigma it is incredibly difficult and not worth the hassle when the reality is so different.

As for multiplayer gaming are you referring to local multiplayer or online.
Local multiplayer on PC is off course not very good without having an Nvidia Shield to stream the games too or similar.
But online gaming is no different to console gaming.. Most of my friends have gaming PCs - although we have different specs it doesn't affect the game in anyway.

Last edited:
Its time for MS to unify Pc and Xbox. XBox will be baseline Pcs while custom builds can be used for playing games at higher quality. Support for keynoard and mouse on xbox (with option to restrict gamepad users or vice versa). But that wont happen cause Pc users like me wont want to pay money for playing online and no way MS is gonna make Xblive free.

Digital Foundry have now apparently got the Scorpio GPU leak.

The GPU is going to be 4.5x more powerful than the one currently in the Xbox One, also the system is likely to continue to use the Jaguar CPU's which are currently in the XB1 and PS4.

It will also support 4K using the shame "cheat" tactics of the PS4 Pro.

It's the "We've heard you" console. Jeez... EA and Microsoft do love those gimmicky lines.
I bet a lot of their employees in the Marketing department probably hang out together.

For anyone who can't be arsed to watch a video:-
  • CPU: Eight custom x86 cores clocked at 2.3GHz
  • GPU: 40 customized compute units at 1,172MHz
  • Memory: 12GB GGDR5
  • Memory bandwidth: 326GBps
  • Hard drive: 1TB (2.5-inch)
  • Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray
How the system compares to Xbone and PS4 Pro:-

stplwqj3f0vv8q8crasy.png

Hmm. I thought Microsoft's new console would be more powerful than that. Instead it's only slightly better than Sony's mid-gen refresh, the Pro. Also, I wonder if Microsoft plan on improving their awkward Xbox user interface and releasing a decent selection of games this time around?:THINK:

Am I wrong or not too long ago they everybody was saying Project Scorpio would be like ahead of its time and 100x (exaggerating) better than any console on the market?. Now it's just slightly better than PS4 Pro?.

Am I wrong or not too long ago they everybody was saying Project Scorpio would be like ahead of its time and 100x (exaggerating) better than any console on the market?. Now it's just slightly better than PS4 Pro?.
Again did you think it would be that much better? I had modest expectations with regards to both the PS4 Pro and the Scorpio. Cost comes into play a lot here and they want to make sure enough people can actually afford to buy this more powerful machine. Not make it something in the ball park of a Gaming PC Rig which a lot of gamers can't afford.

Compatibility would have also been at the forefront of their minds too. Why make this machine such a bitch to make the existing catalogue of games to work on or create yourself massive problems in this department? Play it safe but make it enough of an upgrade to warrant a purchase is how they have gone.

The Xbox Scorpio will be more powerful than the PS4 Pro but looking at the specs not by much. 4K should be better on the Scorpio due to extra RAM available for processing the higher resolutions, but like Deeney stated you can't expect that much power for £350.

Personally I don't think console should be aiming for gaming in 4K at the moment, because even on PC this is a dream.
Instead they should be aiming for 1080p @60FPS with graphics similar to PC running on HIGH settings, because at present the PS4 is equivalent to PC running at LOW/MEDIUM settings.

Good thing is, they are using fake techniques to give a 4k look.

While this is not the best solution, it certainly does look better than 1080p and has less jaggies compared to 1080 on 4k Display.

I hope this techniques are implemented on PC too. Resident Evil 7 and Watch Dogs 2 are best examples. They don't look blurred like Quantam Break.

Finally announced yesterday.

Pretty powerful system and much more powerful than the PS4 PRO, however a price tag of $499 and £449 in the UK.

Last edited:
Finally announced yesterday.

Pretty powerful system and much more powerful than the PS4 PRO, however a price tag of $499 and £449 in the UK.
I am still in for it provided GAME do a deal like they did with the PS4 trade-in towards PS4 Pro with the Xbox One & S towards the Xbox One X.

Project Scorpio finally has a name and a price. Meet the Xbox One X, which is launching worldwide on November 7th later this year for $499 in the US and £449 in the UK.

Unveiled at Microsoft's E3 press conference this evening, the platform holder finally lifted the lid on its new console. UK pricing has yet to be announced, but impressively, it's the smallest Xbox ever, which is pretty incredible when you consider what's inside it. As revealed earlier this year, the Xbox One X will have a 6 teraflop GPU, 12GB of GDDR5 RAM, and 326GB/s of memory bandwidth. Don't forget it has an Ultra HD Blu-ray player as well.

In addition to its impressive list of specs, all Xbox One and Xbox One S accessories will be backwards compatible with the Xbox One X, and all games will look better and load faster. 4K games will also look better on regular 1080p TVs, says Microsoft, thanks to its super-sampling, and players will also be able to broadcast in 4K UHD for the first time using its streaming Mixer service.

The first game to get an Xbox One X demo was Forza Motorsport 7, which launches on October 3rd on all Xbox platforms and Windows 10. The game will run at a native 4K resolution and 60fps, and will likely be one of the most visually impressive titles on the X's launch roster.

The game was just just one of 42 games Microsoft showcased during its E3 press conference, in among 22 Xbox/Windows 10 exclusives, including Crackdown 3, which will arrive alongside the Xbox One X on November 7th, a port of the Oculus exclusive Lucky's Tale (entitled Super Lucky's Tale) and Sea of Thieves, which has now been dated for early 2018.

Microsoft also announced that original Xbox games would be added to its backwards compatibility programme later this year, including the much-asked for Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.

“Xbox empowers game developers large and small to create different types of games for every type of player,” Xbox boss Phil Spencer said. “Not only do we have the biggest cross-platform blockbusters on our platform, we’ve also scoured the world to bring our fans unique content from creative artists that capture the imagination.”

I was really looking forward to it - but having seen the games, and realising that more power isn't going to mean more intelligent or challenging football games (because they have to be the same across all the different iterations of this generation's console)... I'm a bit miffed.

That's my major issues with these new consoles - better graphics are great, and price-wise I think they're bargains for what you get. But you're getting the same experience across all of them - Sony have told developers they're not allowed to create games that have better features on the PS4 Pro, only better graphics.

So other than better framerates for games that haven't been optimised for the "lite" console (and THAT'S what shouldn't be allowed)... What's the point?

Not really arsed about Forza (prefer Project Cars), not really arsed about weird sci-fi games - in-fact, I'm more interested in the original Xbox backwards-compatibility (I'm someone who uses it fairly often, I'm still trying to finish Oblivion)...

I was tempted to get the new Xbox X, but personally the £450 price tag is too much for me justify, as would only use it once or twice a month.

To me I will always just keep the PS4 because it has the better exclusives. Although Red Dead in proper 4K could swing it for me, as there is more chance of seeing Last of Us on PC than RD2.

Back
Top Bottom