Would you like to see a brand new football videogame?

Would you like to see a third party football videogame?

• Yes, to oppose on FIFA-PES duopoly

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Yes, to bring something fresh on a frozen market

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • No, it would be immediately sinked

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • No, there's no need of it

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Epsi

Non-League
14 November 2010
Italy
Would you like to see a brand new football videogame, instead of having all years PES and FIFA?
I'm asking because I do think there's not actually a passable offer for the consumer at the moment. FIFA is a nice game yes, far ahead PES, which is a complete mess game at the moment and lost all his former appeal, but... is FIFA really the ultimate football simulation game, everything a gamer can really ask for? I don't think so. I just feel it's a good game, filled with a lot of great features yes, but still taking advantage of PES's total derailment.
I'm asking you if you would like to see a third party football videogame, who could break FIFA-PES duopoly or at least trying, and what would you like to see in it? What's still missing in these two football simulations? Why isn't the consumer (like me), still not satisfied?

I don't think it's going to happen for the forseeable future - it would be a difficult, lengthy and expensive project to undertake for any studio, and pretty much all of the desirable licenses have been snapped up exclusively by EA or Konami.

I'm fine with the duopoly to be honest. I'd rather have two big-budget, thriving series than three or four smaller titles further spreading the licenses more thinly between each other.

Perhaps even PES being canned entirely would bring better football games... Konami and their PES franchise have been a shambles for pretty much the whole 360/PS3 generation and the start of the current one. They have made shoddy, dated/unfinished games and have been terrible at communicating with their audience.

Maybe in time a proper competitor to FIFA would come along and perhaps try to offer a more niche/sim experience, but in the meantime we might get a FIFA with the Champions League, Copa Libertadores, Brazilian league etc...

A better question might be whether anyone can even compete with FIFA considering the resources at EA's disposal and their grip on the licenses.

My answer would be no, which makes this poll question essentially irrelevant, because no developer/publisher is going to enter into this market.

Hell, I'd be less surprised to see Konami drop out of the market than see another franchise started.

Yes, of course I'd like to see a third player in the football game market but, as already stated, EA and Konami have all the licences locked down.

It won't happen.

The only problem I have with FIFA these days, is I don't find it that much fun to play.. I only last 3-4 games before the really dumb AI and over powered lobbed through balls become a annoyance and the game gets switched off - there are plenty more as well.

I used to be able to play PES for hours and the game was great fun and never had the impression the game was broken, it was great fun in multiplayer and single player was also pretty good, but lacked loads of features in this sense..

SWOS was the best football game ever in my opinion incredible fun, great multiplayer and the best career mode of any football game ever released so was also fantastic in single player.

But I seriously doubt any developer has the time or money to challenge FIFA in regards to releasing a decent game - also would be about 2-3 years in development before anything was released. Also the problem with licenses is the biggest problem as PES sucks completely out the box, who want to play North London White v North London Red.. Would love it to happen but it won't.

Absolutely yes.

And if i had to choose a company, i'd choose SI Games. They have the knowledge and an excelent database behind them.

Back
Top Bottom