Sony PSP/Vita

I can't see how they think they're going to sell millions and make loadsamoney after how disgustingly they've failed to support the previous PSP's and how Nintendo struggled with their high price at release.

Maybe they're still pulling the old PS3 launch tactic of 'our die hard fans will buy the console at whatever price we want... so we will set it really high, then knock a big amount off that and make it look like we've done gamers a great deal. Then once sales have dried up we drop the price and lure the casual fans in'.

I just don't see the point of this PSP when it doesn't really offer anything you can't get elsewhere, for less... or even better on 360/ps3 for less.

If it was prices closer to the £150 mark then I might've been more interested. But at £200+, then games costing around £30 each, it's just too expensive for me.

I can't see how they think they're going to sell millions and make loadsamoney after how disgustingly they've failed to support the previous PSP's and how Nintendo struggled with their high price at release.

Maybe they're still pulling the old PS3 launch tactic of 'our die hard fans will buy the console at whatever price we want... so we will set it really high, then knock a big amount off that and make it look like we've done gamers a great deal. Then once sales have dried up we drop the price and lure the casual fans in'.

I just don't see the point of this PSP when it doesn't really offer anything you can't get elsewhere, for less... or even better on 360/ps3 for less.

Failed to support the psp? its sold a lot worldwide mate. And how can you compare a vita to a ps3/console?

Can you walk with your 360/ps3 and play your games on it on a bus?

Failed to support the psp? its sold a lot worldwide mate.

I never said it didn't sell a lot. I said sony were terrible at supporting the previous PSP's. They hyped them at release... and then that was about it. They hardly ran any tv ads, the first year they were out the games released were few and far between. It was only 2 years ago maybe that they were hyping the PSP Go and acting as if that was the next big thing in handheld gaming.... and they soon gave up on that and switched to vita.

They did it with most add ons and peripherals. Have you ever seen an advert for the playstation eye camera? PS Move got a bit of a kick before release... but since then its trailed off. They threw out a few of those disgusting SCEE ads that always feature 'perfect' looking people in 'perfect' stylish modern homes smiling and laughing. Oh and there is always a token black guy and asian in them. They usually have a pathetic tagline to them like 'open up and play' or 'the game is just the start'
But most importantly... they hardly ever show any gameplay or games to get you hyped.

They had the same problem with the PS3. It launched at a ridiculously high price with hardly any games (and that problem lingered for years) and it was only years later when they lowered the price that they started to advertise the machine more... but they're still miles behind Xbox when it comes to getting their product on tv and letting people know about the console. Most of the big games these days have ads that end with a xbox 360 logo.

And how can you compare a vita to a ps3/console?

Can you walk with your 360/ps3 and play your games on it on a bus?

When the price they're asking for is the same as a brand new 360 or PS3 with a copy of UFC 3.... I can compare them.€
When the games are almost the same as already on PS3... I can compare them.

I know you can't go on the bus with your PS3/360... but I'd never want to whip out a PS vita on a bus either unless I fancied being punched and having it taken off me by some scum.

If someone has £300 to spend on a games console... I don't think it makes more sense for them to buy a Vita that history has taught us, sony will probably give up on after a few years. Over buying a 360 or PS3 or 3DS or iPad or whatever.

And for most gamers who already have a PS3 or 360... why spend £250 ish on a vita just to play games that are pretty much already on PS3 but better.... when you could go out and buy maybe 4 or 5 new games on your PS3 or if you don't already own one, buy a new Ps3 and get some free games with it.

They're probably just trying to make a quick buck from the hardcore fans and the tech hungry people who buy the latest gadgets on release... then when sales drop they will lower the price in time for the Christmas run up.

I think you're rather negative Rad. Of course i'm biased because i have ordered the Vita.
But i think Sony have learned from their PSP mistakes since now they have a pretty good starting line-up of games.
I agree with you the Vita is way too expensive however. They did the same thing with the first PS3's. Mine broke a couple of weeks after the warrant did run out (there were lots of broken PS3's from that first generation) and it cost me less to buy a 360 than to let my broken PS3 repair. I was quite disgusted by that...

Nevertheless, it seems that Sony is not liked very much by lots of people. It seems that among gamers who call themselves hardcore there is a strong favouritism towards the 360...i have both consoles now and i like them both...currently i haver issues with my Xbox live connection. And i have contacted Microsoft's helpdesk weeks ago...they don't help me. I'm buying for Gold and i can't go online...that's not much better isn't it? I don't think Microsoft isn't the most sexy company either to be fair...

But yes, maybe one could better buy an I-Pad 3 than a Vita...maybe in two years time we will say that we wasted money on the Vita...i baught it because it looks cool and because i can afford it...Not very rational reasons, i have to admit.

I think it's a very promising games machine, but for someone who doesn't take is games out of the house I can't really justify buying it for myself. It's other things as well, if all goes to plan I'll have to spend a lot of money on some renovations on the house so my funds will zapped up quick. In one year or so thing might look different. Plus I'd quite fancy a different colored one. I always regretted not getting a white PSP at the time.

Got mine this morning like with FIFA and Ridge Racer. Cost me Nearly £300 for the lot including a 4GB Memory Card.

Wifi Only model.

FIFA on a 1st playtest before goin to work was fantastic! There isnt all the modes tho. No Ultimate Team for you guys who want that nor Clubs Matches etc on PSN only simple Ranked Matches or Unranked Friendlies/Lobbies.

Ridge Racer is good but apparently ive made a mistake like and its only a 3/10 game accordin to Eurogamer. :( Shoulda got Mod Nation Racers.

Mod Nation not meant to be much better either - I'm picking up F1 later which has got some mixed, but fairly positive reviews.

Agree on FIFA though, its absolutely amazing - just feels like such a powerful machine seeing that run in your hands.

Overall, its an amazing bit of kit, I'm so pleased with it!

So far me too like. But the web browser not havin flash or html5 for me is just madness. Cant view youtube or anythin like that on it.

Plus where are these apps we were sposed to be gettin like Skype?

Go for that lad. I pre-ordered mine from GAME got told we have some bundles for ya mate. I always intended to get FIFA but wasnt goin to get anythin else. Bought their only copy of Ridge Racer as well as a starter pack like.

Again Jonney ill say same again mate. Buy it if you get it cheaper and considerably cheap enough. Ive just been playin Wipeout demo during a quiet period at work and its fookin amazing!

Again Jonney ill say same again mate. Buy it if you get it cheaper and considerably cheap enough. Ive just been playin Wipeout demo during a quiet period at work and its fookin amazing!

My mate works in Sainsburys and can get 10% discount for me.

he says they are offering £199 for vita wifi plus fifa. Bang in 8gb memory card for around £30 and it totals at around 230.

take off 10% and all i pay is 207. good deal for vita fifa and 8gb memory? i can pick it up tomorrow

So far me too like. But the web browser not havin flash or html5 for me is just madness. Cant view youtube or anythin like that on it.

Plus where are these apps we were sposed to be gettin like Skype?

I think they'll start making Apps - there is already Facebook, Twitter and Flickr on the store to download and Netflix was meant to be 'day 1' as well, but not seen it yet.

I'm sure there will be a YouTube app sooner or later.

I have it and i like it very much.
I bought two games with it: FIFA and Wipe Out. Both seem very good. I honestly don't see much difference with the PS3 FIFA.
It's also very simple to set it all up, even i had no difficulties...

I have it and i like it very much.
I bought two games with it: FIFA and Wipe Out. Both seem very good. I honestly don't see much difference with the PS3 FIFA.
It's also very simple to set it all up, even i had no difficulties...

Fifa have sliders like the console versions?

Back
Top Bottom