Manual Passing- Anyone good with Pinnacle Game Profiler?

raffupperv12

League 2
22 January 2007
My thing with PES 2010 is manual passing, I just wish that I could have it mapped to buttons instead of right stick. (It makes a world of difference as with FIFA 09, manual passing makes the game, without it its regular FIFA garbage)
(Also the ability to put the ball where you want is huge in playability becuase its annoying when your trying to pass the ball to a certain player but the AI plays it backwards or to someone else, thats unacceptable in my book)

So I have done some research & found that PINNACLE GAME PROFILE allows you to map the buttons anyway you want, the only problem is that I am kind of new to it & just needed some help from some experts on this forum.

My progress for now is being able to apply existing button configurations to PES 2010 from old profiles that I have downloaded such as PES 5 (the most current but no manual passing) & FIFA 08 (also no manual passing)I have put these in & have worked but liek I stated they did not come with the manual button function.

So What I need is a PES 2009 or obviously need a PES 2010 game button configuartion profile, & then its easy cuz all that I have to be modified is making the "A" & "B" buttons Manual!!!!:APPLAUD:

So if someone could make a profile from scratch cuz I do not know how to do this or explain to me how to do it I will finish it. Or If someone knows how to get the button configurations for PES 2009 or PES 2010 that would be great.

PLEASE ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED:))

I practiced it with pes 2009 so much now I am like the expert in manual passing. It gives me an edge when playing against friends. With the demo, it makes too much difference as the regular through passes suck.

My thing with PES 2010 is manual passing, I just wish that I could have it mapped to buttons instead of right stick. (It makes a world of difference as with FIFA 09, manual passing makes the game, without it its regular FIFA garbage)
(Also the ability to put the ball where you want is huge in playability becuase its annoying when your trying to pass the ball to a certain player but the AI plays it backwards or to someone else, thats unacceptable in my book)

Ok..

Here is the truth about PES's so called manual passing. The first obstacle with it is that like the auto-passing, it only responds to 8 different inputs/directions, regardless of how many different angles the ball seems to leave the playes foot at at times. What you get with manual passing is the option to play the ball down one of the many possible PES passing-system template lines without the ball being magnetized towards either a team player or an opposition player standing at some point on the passing grid.

Pinnacle Profiler however, is a fantastically versatile program with many great uses, but I think u really might struggle with trying to get your X button to mimic the PES manual pass function as any given button or keyboard command is essentially a simple 0/I on/off command, the analogue stick is however a dual X,Y axis gradient input device. What you would have to do is create a command that combined the direction of the left analogue stick with the X-button to pull off a manual pass. Even if you do succeed, all you will have done is broke the game, as PES quite simply is not designed to be played with only manual passes. Since PES fully supports joystick configuration functionality, the only use I could think PF would provide is allowing for the sprint button to be reconfigured to the 360 right trigger button a'la FIFA style.

Having typed the above facts, I fully expect to be trolled by the hordes of n00bs who reckon that Konami's manual passing is totally free and you just need to learn how to use it properly etc etc. Such is the blend of nonsense and facts on the internet, it is entirely up to your own judegment who you are willing to listen to.

Having typed the above facts, I fully expect to be trolled by the hordes of n00bs who reckon that Konami's manual passing is totally free and you just need to learn how to use it properly etc etc. Such is the blend of nonsense and facts on the internet, it is entirely up to your own judegment who you are willing to listen to.

I don't think so.. The limited nature of pes manual passing is pretty well known I think.

I don't know this program but it sounds interesting.

Do you know if this or another program enables you to map a button combination to a single button and vice versa.

You know that in PES 2010 you can perform tricks using the combination (LT + Right Stick), and manual passes using the right stick only.

Now what I wanna do is revert this so I use the right stick only for tricks and (LT + Right Stick) for manual passes.

Does anyone know if it's somewhat possible?

excellent post Bill.

I swear if manual passing is what MAKES FIFA. Without it the game would be pretty rubbish.

I hope for Konamis sake they implement FULL 360 manual passing, it would free up the game amazingly. Oh yeh and fix the running animation...

from Pinnacle Game Profiles help:
"A game profiler is a program that allows you to assign commands (like pressing a keyboard key or moving the mouse) to the joysticks and buttons on your game controller, and otherwise customize the controller's behavior. Many games do not directly support game controllers, but with Pinnacle Game Profiler you can use your controller to play almost ANY GAME! Even classic legacy controller devices can be used! Think of Pinnacle as the "middle man" who presses your keyboard keys or moves your mouse whenever you do certain things on your controller, like moving the joystick or holding a button. Games that normally require an awkward keyboard/mouse control system can now be played with your favorite gamepad!"

It seems to me it maps the action from gamepad to keyboard, not the other way around. I don't think is what we need to make manual pass working from keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom