PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

(...)

You can't please everyone, naturally, but there has to be a middle ground somewhere, or we'll all go crazy! For me with any complaint/flaw/bug I wonder, even as infuriating as it may well be, a genuine grievance which the PES team seemed sloppy on, or certainly could have done better on, throughout the overall vision and achievements of the game, how much is this really really really affecting me? Is it a game-destroying-game-breaker that makes me want to scream, howl, and play fifa, ditching pes completely or can I live with it, manage it through gameplay and strategic choices and enjoy the game's good points, even in bursts as you've said Danny? Without wishing to patronize anyone, it is the old cliched glass half full/half empty notion. Most of the major complaints I see on here aren't gamebreakers for me personally post-patch, some big ones need to be definitely addressed and shouldn't be overlooked but as I keep repeating there is enjoyment to be had there, if you want it.

Whatever they do with 2013, it'll get criticism, and praise, but how many critics will be willing to give a fair balance to the positives and enjoy the game, not make it out as another terrible game from Konami who are used to producing terrible games and only make terrible games. In fact, there's no point looking forward to 2013 according to some, as it'll probably be a terrible game...

CinemagraphCollection-5th_12.gif

Agree with pretty much Shorty says.

I have found a new depth to PES this last month, and IMO, it's a fantastic game, with a couple of minor issues (offline).

For the first time I have actually taken stock, and now appreciate the kind of problems KONAMI are up against, and like you say Shorty, it's mission impossible for them in a way.

The simplest point to elaborate on of yours is this responsiveness thing. I was, like you, fond of last years player response, but the outcry in general was that the players turned like robots. Now they are made players more responsive, the outcry is for far less response. It's a no win situation. For me, I would say the players have a little bit too much response but only needs to be toned down a touch.

I'm also not with these people that trumpet this line out - 'the game needs to be easy to pick up and play, but hard to master'.

No, no, no.

I want the game to be virtually impossible to play, for at least a month. This game has provided huge longevity for me. I loved PES 2011, I'll make no bones about it. But I could recreate patterns of play on it. This game, it doesn't have ANY patterns of play that you can use to your advantage. You can apply tactics and strategies on a consistent basis, but the game feels so unlimited in virtually every aspect, that it's impossible to beat the CPU with set moves, tried and tested.

This years game saw me lose or draw, 15, YES 15, games in a row v Napoli in the demo's. To me, this is fkin awesome. I had to change my entire philosophy and style of play. Even this last month I've really learned to appreciate that 'more in attack' isn't the best way forward; more in midfield is!

It's the first game of football where I really have to think about players who have endeavour and work rate traits over and above just picking 'the best XI' every game.

If they can build on 2012 in terms of aesthetics, then I would be a happy customer.

Time to change your sig then? ;)

I'm also not with these people that trumpet this line out - 'the game needs to be easy to pick up and play, but hard to master'.

No, no, no.

I want the game to be virtually impossible to play, for at least a month.

You want a game that's impossible to play? Good luck with that as that's not going to happen lol.

Nope. Actually I'm not expecting one the year after either. I think they'll save it for PS4 which could be another couple of years away.

If we dont get one this year i fear it's going to be PES 2015 before we see a new engine :CONFUSE:

The speed burst is not gimmicky, it happens in real life. Players can accelerate quickly from a standing start or even while mobile, the inclusion this year has actually left me wondering why it hasn't been implemented all this time in previous versions.

The dribbling remains an achievement for me, starting with PES 2009's d-pad contextual dribbling system, they have refined it with each version and arrived at a brilliant depiction of the art of dribbling. Dribbling really is an art with this game, I can minutely place my player's feet where ever I want with the well programmed footplanting, it is intuitive and I can feel weight shifts, momentum, leg placements, inertia, and even more with or without R2. With the better dribblers it is even more pronounced, just like in real life.

The bursting past a defender has always been in PES. By double-tapping R1 or holding R1+R2 + a diagonal direction the player would knock it ahead, but critically, it was contextual and based on acceleration and agility. Why have they truncated it to a move based on one stat. Why can Xavi bust away past his man when it's not his game in real life at all?

Dribbling is a mixed bag. I take back what I said as PES11 wasn't clearly better, but like you mentioned the sense of weight made it more pronounced and defined. It does feel more free now, and the more touches taken by better players is more realistic. However, I do feel its less skilled-based. Tapping R2 and wiggling the stick, 9 times out of 10 will get you past a player. It's better on -2, where you can actually see whats happening, but on 0 the animations seem unnaturally fast for some reason. I'd prefer a happy medium between PES 2011 and 2012. The sense of inertia and deliberate movement of 11, but with the sense of speed and technical ability of 12.

I don't know about you but I can feel the differences between players. People asked for more responsive players and they delivered. Pes 2011 does have more weight to the players but it hasn't gone completely from PES 2012, they are professional footballers, so there has to be some degree of professionalism. Gattuso and Nesta are slower and more cumbersome compared to some players, try ones like Mertesacker and you'll also feel it. Now whether they could do even more to further the differences is another point, but, it is a myth to say that all players control the same, I've personally noticed subtle and larger differences at play. Not all players control the same.

There are differences, but its not as pronounced as it should be. I can beat near enough every defence with Shimizu on Top Player, yet he only has a Dribbl Acc. of around 75. Using the defaults this year gives a direct contrast to last year, as even the worst players pull off fancy backheels and twist at ease. I never said they all controlled the same, but the technically inferior players need to be represented more.

Zero passing is for me a triumph. I didn't want konami to go down the fifa route with pass assistance settings, Seabass had a 'freedom of passing' vision with 2011 but didn't fully realize it. I thinkg they've have achieved it with 2012''s zero passing, but chickened out and thought it would be too hard for the majority to have that one standard of free passing, so they added assist options in order to placate more casual fans and those who preferred more assistance. They should have kept it as zero, one system.

Ambiguous stat interpretation? I think what you said counts for assisted passing, where the stat differences are less, but not for zero! On zero at least, Xavi passes like Xavi, D'alessandro like D'alessandro, the better passers have more of an increase in accuracy and pass speed, with the likelihood of a good pass much greater. I can really use power selection and angles depending on foot placement and balls physics which can change in a split second to make amazing passes with the above, and I'm more confident I can pull them off due to their amazing passing stats.

They've combined this with the player's freedom in directing, but it is not too free, stats DO have a say in the nature of the pass otherwise you wouldn't need stats and all the skill would depend on the player alone, like it does in FIFA manual. You call it a massive step back, I call it a massive step forward. I can't go back and play the previous PES games now that I have tasted the combined freedom and stat based zero assistance passing of 2012.

I like the unassisted passing in terms of gameplay, as it slows the pace down and gives a much more realistic interpretation of completion rates. But I simply cannot abide the neglect of stats. Not once in my ML have I ever felt I needed a playmaker, I saw absolutely no benefit on wasting money on someone who's passing ability would more or less be defined strictly by my own control. In earlier games I'd build my teams around the players I listed, in this one there's simply no point. The only concernible difference is passing speed, and that is simply not enough.

The superstar problem is a separate issue, but specifically the Team Types give you more options and increase individuality in a teamwide sense, and I rotate team types to focus on varied playstyles periodically.

In real life a manager can look at all the individual traits of players in his team, and set them up to play how he wants them to. For example a technical passing game (e.g. Arsenal/Swansea), where all players practice and emphasize first touch ball control, passing accuracy, dribble accuracy etc. with penalties for other stats.

Or he can set them up like Stoke and play a physical game, using superior body balance to battle and outmuscle/shove players off the ball, and use superior jumping and heading abilities to dominate setpieces.

He can use speed legitimately to play in a fast and direct style reminiscent of Arsenal's Invincibles, with fast counterattacking, getting the ball quickly from end to end, or using the wings to well to emphasize speed. It can be abused by players online in pes, but this type of gameplay has a function in real life, and can be countered within the game, just like in real life.

Or he can just play a balanced style that incorporates a lot of elements. It's all there in PES.

Master league, in some respects depth has been removed, in some it has been added. I personally think the training type adds more 'team' depth, for example for the next couple of weeks you may want to increase technical ability to improve technique, but then switch to conditioning to help recover, physical to get stuck in when necessary etc. But I can understand your individual training complaint.

This is just a difference of opinion I think. I know Jimmy is a fan of it but it just makes absolutely no sense to me. You say certain teams set-up differently, granted, but why cant that be achieved naturally? If I want to play like Swansea, I'll buy small technically gifted players, and use a strategy based on short passing and movement. This is how its always been in PES, whats the purpose of this 'Team philosophy' nonsense? If you play as Stoke and decide you to enforce a technically focused game, should the likes of Delap and Shawcross slowly evolve into masters on the ball? No. You should have to re-build, adapt the tactics to suit the players at your disposal until you get in the personal that are capable of that type of game. This feature just seems a really naff, cheap fix for an aspect of football that should naturally come about.

Just because some cards have been removed does not mean individuality as a whole is compromised. I'd like the defensive cards back too, but that doesn't now mean all defenders play the same. Some stat have been merged, some stats are new, but taken as a whole, those things you mentioned don't not sweep away the entire ethos of individuality that has always been in PES. Are you looking closely enough if you feel that all teams and all players play the same with no individuality whatsoever?

Where have I said that? The individuality took a while to become apparent for me, it is there just nowhere near as much as previous iterations. I don't see why we should accept a step-back in this department when if anything it should be deepened and expanded.

You can't please everyone, naturally, but there has to be a middle ground somewhere, or we'll all go crazy! For me with any complaint/flaw/bug I wonder, even as infuriating as it may well be, a genuine grievance which the PES team seemed sloppy on, or certainly could have done better on, throughout the overall vision and achievements of the game, how much is this really really really affecting me? Is it a game-destroying-game-breaker that makes me want to scream, howl, and play fifa, ditching pes completely or can I live with it, manage it through gameplay and strategic choices and enjoy the game's good points, even in bursts as you've said Danny? Without wishing to patronize anyone, it is the old cliched glass half full/half empty notion. Most of the major complaints I see on here aren't gamebreakers for me personally post-patch, some big ones need to be definitely addressed and shouldn't be overlooked but as I keep repeating there is enjoyment to be had there, if you want it.

Whatever they do with 2013, it'll get criticism, and praise, but how many critics will be willing to give a fair balance to the positives and enjoy the game, not make it out as another terrible game from Konami who are used to producing terrible games and only make terrible games. In fact, there's no point looking forward to 2013 according to some, as it'll probably be a terrible game...

I agree that most of my complaints are personal grievances that don't completely ruin the game. It's not a terrible game, and still an infinitely deeper experience than FIFA. I have enjoyed it in spite of my complaints, and have probably got a good 4 months of play out of ML before I was done with the game.

Still, that amount of time played pales in comparison to last year. I think there is a balance between accepting the game isn't an utterly shambles, and being content that its good as it can be.

I've really learned to appreciate that 'more in attack' isn't the best way forward; more in midfield is!

It's the first game of football where I really have to think about players who have endeavour and work rate traits over and above just picking 'the best XI' every game.

If you control the midfield you control the game. Wining the ball back with hard working players, and dictating the game by keeping hold of the ball with a good first touch, dribbling acuracy and accurate passing is entirely possible on the game, even despite the ability to exploit the responsiveness by playing a kick and rush style.

You definitely have to pick the best 'team' for the job you are trying to do, not necessarily the best rated players. The workhorses are a lot of fun, even if limited in ability they can do the job they are supposed to do by helping the team.

For me, I would say the players have a little bit too much response but only needs to be toned down a touch.

Yeah I think if they still toned it down a little bit for PES 2013, you'd have some of the weight of PES 2011 with a bit more responsiveness but not quite to the level of 2012; glad I'm not doing it though as its hard to get that balance!

What about this bug with high balls? A player in my team runs forward and I use a high ball to get the ball in front of him. What does he do? As soon as the ball is in the air, he stops his run and comes a bit back... sees the ball in the air and then tries to go forward again... completely ruining the opportunity, wtf?! It happens every time!

There's no new engine coming this year, which means animation quality will still lack and the usual physical glitches will still be there. That doesn't mean gameplay can't be great, they've made enough mistakes on that regard, cmon, make at least one enjoyable game this gen! They were so close with PES 2012...

The bursting past a defender has always been in PES. By double-tapping R1 or holding R1+R2 + a diagonal direction the player would knock it ahead, but critically, it was contextual and based on acceleration and agility. Why have they truncated it to a move based on one stat. Why can Xavi bust away past his man when it's not his game in real life at all?

The speed burst from a standing start is new, but you're right the knock on while running has always been in pes2012.

I actually agree that they shouldn't have merged the acceleration and agility stat, as it was a good and proper differenciation, but, I can live with it. Explosive power still has differences for players, it doesn't render the above two stats meaningless. I've got a replay of Wilshere twisting his body and squeezing in between two players to get past them, with upper and lower body animations, so the agility/lightness/quickness of movement stat is still there even if its been unfortunately combined.

There are differences, but its not as pronounced as it should be. I can beat near enough every defence with Shimizu on Top Player, yet he only has a Dribbl Acc. of around 75. Using the defaults this year gives a direct contrast to last year, as even the worst players pull off fancy backheels and twist at ease. I never said they all controlled the same, but the technically inferior players need to be represented more.

I've found that players under 80 for dribble accuracy aren't as effective at beating players for controlling the ball at higher speeds. They are fine but not as good as the higher players, so for wingers my players need to have a dribble accuracy of at least 80. You must be a god-like player if you can do that with 75!

I do feel differences in less technical players, but more can be done I agree. I think this issue may be due to the increased responsiveness/pace/less weight in general, as those differences were more pronounced in 2011.

Tapping R2 and wiggling the stick, 9 times out of 10 will get you past a player. It's better on -2, where you can actually see whats happening, but on 0 the animations seem unnaturally fast for some reason. I'd prefer a happy medium between PES 2011 and 2012. The sense of inertia and deliberate movement of 11, but with the sense of speed and technical ability of 12.

I'm happy with the dribbling even on 0 speed, but I think with more weight and slightly less responsiveness, they would probably be even better in that respect, I understand.

But I simply cannot abide the neglect of stats. Not once in my ML have I ever felt I needed a playmaker, I saw absolutely no benefit on wasting money on someone who's passing ability would more or less be defined strictly by my own control. In earlier games I'd build my teams around the players I listed, in this one there's simply no point. The only concernible difference is passing speed, and that is simply not enough.

I think this is another opinion based thing, as on zero I can feel greater differences between the better passers and I strive to place them in my teams. I own Matuzalem and Wilshere in my master league online team, and prefer them over players like Rodwell and Guarin who are also in the squad. I know with them on form and in the team, I can dictate play from midfield like Xavi and Iniesta, I can pick out my passes with more detail, and keep things flowing with less worry. With the team type set to Technique, their effects are even more pronounced.

You say certain teams set-up differently, granted, but why cant that be achieved naturally? If I want to play like Swansea, I'll buy small technically gifted players, and use a strategy based on short passing and movement. This is how its always been in PES, whats the purpose of this 'Team philosophy' nonsense? If you play as Stoke and decide you to enforce a technically focused game, should the likes of Delap and Shawcross slowly evolve into masters on the ball? No. You should have to re-build, adapt the tactics to suit the players at your disposal until you get in the personal that are capable of that type of game. This feature just seems a really naff, cheap fix for an aspect of football that should naturally come about.

In your own words you can do that yourself naturally and even leave it on balanced team type. Apart from a trial of teamwork (which I enjoyed but needed better players than the defaults to really make use of it) I played balanced for about 500 games before even messing about with team types, picking my players based on how I wanted them to play. The team types just give you more options to further expand into that area of gameplay if you wish to, and having more options is no bad thing. You say its cheap and naff, but it actually has a genuine discernible effect in matches. Its not a fix for a deficiency, its an addition for those who may want to make use of it.

Where have I said that? The individuality took a while to become apparent for me, it is there just nowhere near as much as previous iterations. I don't see why we should accept a step-back in this department when if anything it should be deepened and expanded.

Ok you didn't say that specifically, but the tone of your post made it sound as if individuality as a whole/in general had been frittered away. For me, the overall game is better than 2011 and I can still feel the individuality. Any losses if there are any are not significant enough to blatantly stop my enjoyment of the game, especially when I compare it to FIFA's 'personality plus' or something. In some areas there may be losses, such as the card removals and the merge of some stats, in others I can feel more individuality depth and expansion especially with the zero assistance passing and the defensive ai. The ball control stat for first touch is another major one that highlights individuality. It's like a give and take for me.

I think there is a balance between accepting the game isn't an utterly shambles, and being content that its good as it can be.

That middle ground at least in terms of discussion is good, without extreme exaggerations on either side. For example I'm a big fan of the game and am willing to openly discuss the flaws I've found with it for improvement, likewise those who dislike it should hopefully be more open about the positives to the game amidst their complaints.

Regarding PES 2013, I've watched the trailer again, and just like the first time, as has been mentioned in the thread, there seems to be an uncanny valley trick going on. At one point it looks as if real life Ronaldo switches to in game and back to real life. Interesting.

Last edited:

Remember how in PES 2011 there were different sorts of gameplay to be chosen from through the time-setting? 25 mins and more made the game play more realistic and deliberate, while 15 mins and less made the gameplay be more arcade.

Today I realized something similar is working in PES 2012, too. But this time not through the time-setting, but through the gamespeed-setting.

Most of the time I was playing it on speed 0, simply because it made the players more fluid in movement, but today I tried out -2 and sticked with it until my brain adjusted to the slower gameplay, and voila the gameplay opened up and got more interesting and realistic. The advantages of -2:

1. Weight of the players is back and individuality is more pronounced. Shielding also works here better. The game feels more real as the players don't rush back and forth between positions, their moves are more deliberate and therefore more real.

2. Gameplay is not anymore the kick-and-rush affair it was on 0, there is more midfield-action-time, simply because turning and passing is slower.

In short, if anyone is interested in finding out what PES 2012 is really about they should play on gamespeed -2 and longer match-time like 25 min or 30 min and once the brain adjusted to the slower speed, it will be bliss.

Playing by the way version 1.00, yes the keepers are bad in this one, but I don't want the parking-the-bus-mentality of the later versions.

Still some problems remain:

1. Playing passes with zero-assistance is not assistance-free and this is a problem, cause there are situations when I'm attacking with three of my players and I want to make a short pass to the one near me and a little behind, but the game decides to play it to the far one who was followed by the defenders.:RANT: Can't wait for the introduction of real manual passing (with stats influence for success).

2. High balls to the front-runner over his head doesn't work! Simple as that... Everytime the front runner will stop as soon as the ball is in the air, come a bit back, then tries to go forward again, opportunity is lost!

3. Defenders' positional decision: Imagine two attackers come with the ball-carrier a few meters behind, so that it is obvious that the front-runner will get the ball. I deliberately switch to the defender near the front-runner and position him to cover him and I then intend to cover the ball-carrier with another defender who is near the ball-carrier. Easy 101-defending, but apparantely not in PES 2012.
As soon as I change the cursor from the defender near the front-runner, he stops covering the front-runner and goes for the ball-carrier... :RANT: you can imagine what then happened..

4. Ball going through (!) the feet of defenders. Imagine the attacker makes a pass and the ball rolls and the first defender near the ball misses the ball, which is understandable, a surprise pass can't be always stopped, but you have a second defender who sees the ball rolling and goes for it, to stop, he does the right move but then the ball goes literally through his foot so that it can reach another attacker.:RANT:

5. Loose balls. Most of the times loose balls are magnetically directed to an opponent, which is a bit irritating.

Verdict: PES 2012 can despite these and other bugs be enjoyed when played on gamespeed -2, zero-assistance and 25 min+ matches on pro or higher. Yes, the gamespeed is a bit too slow on that one, but it makes all the intricacies of the gameplay, the individuality and weight of the players and more come out and that is worth it imho.

1. Playing passes with zero-assistance is not assistance-free and this is a problem,

It can't be completely free otherwise it also wouldn't be stat based.

2. High balls to the front-runner over his head doesn't work! Simple as that... Everytime the front runner will stop as soon as the ball is in the air, come a bit back, then tries to go forward again, opportunity is lost!

Annoying when it happens but if doesn't happen all the time for me. Super cancel may help too.

5. Loose balls. Most of the times loose balls are magnetically directed to an opponent, which is a bit irritating.

It's annoying when it seems to keep happening but they are just random really. Sometimes it goes for you, sometimes against you against others. With cpu scripting it may go more against you at times to add to the challenge, rightly or wrongly.

I don't mind regular speed and keep it that way due to the online standard, but for PES 2013 it depends on their approach. If they really want to differentiate from FIFA they can go down the sim route and make -1 or -2 the regular setting like zero is. But due to sales they'll try to accomodate all users, including some arcade fans who prefer pes so that likely won't happen.

How do you play your high balls btw? High through ball? Have you tried using :circle:? I stopped using the high through ball and only rely on :circle: Feel I have more control this way and my player running for it doesn't stop.

How do you play your high balls btw? High through ball? Have you tried using :circle:? I stopped using the high through ball and only rely on :circle: Feel I have more control this way and my player running for it doesn't stop.

On xbox360-pad I press B alone. When I use the highball from the side everything is fine, but when I use a highball from behind the frontrunner, directly over his head, he always stops and gets backward, it's hairpulling infuriating.

Even more hairpulling infuriating is the goalkeeper, today he shielded a slow rolling ball and let it roll into the net in peace. Probably he thought: "Hmm, that slow rolling ball will probably not go into the goal, it will probably go into the corner-out... since an opponent touched the ball... it's best to shield the ball until it goes over the corner-line... it's better than me just grabbing the ball into my hands or shooting it away... nah, shielding it into the corner-out is so much more elegant, that way I don't have to bend down to get the ball... .... ... ooops the ball is rolling into the goal... what a surprise... what a tricky little ball that is!".:RANT:

Nearly as infuriating is the tendency of the defense to open up like the red sea when the CPU-AI makes a through ball.

On xbox360-pad I press B alone. When I use the highball from the side everything is fine, but when I use a highball from behind the frontrunner, directly over his head, he always stops and gets backward, it's hairpulling infuriating.

Even more hairpulling infuriating is the goalkeeper, today he shielded a slow rolling ball and let it roll into the net in peace. Probably he thought: "Hmm, that slow rolling ball will probably not go into the goal, it will probably go into the corner-out... since an opponent touched the ball... it's best to shield the ball until it goes over the corner-line... it's better than me just grabbing the ball into my hands or shooting it away... nah, shielding it into the corner-out is so much more elegant, that way I don't have to bend down to get the ball... .... ... ooops the ball is rolling into the goal... what a surprise... what a tricky little ball that is!".:RANT:

Nearly as infuriating is the tendency of the defense to open up like the red sea when the CPU-AI makes a through ball.

Have to say i've never seen this on 360 or PS3. Must be to do with your gameplan?

Lami you should use high through ball with no assists as it's extremely effective.

Have to say i've never seen this on 360 or PS3. Must be to do with your gameplan?

Which one of the three problem-areas do you reply to?

If it is the high-ball, surely not, no matter what the gameplan, it always happens in the same manner. It's as if the game tells the forward-runner even though he doesn't see it, since he is looking forward: "Hey, just right now a player from behind you shot a ball into the air"... Then his thinking must be : "Hmm, I can't see the ball, so I better stop (and get back one or two meters) and take a good look in the air to find out where the ball is... ah... what a surprise... the ball was meant to get over my head, that's why I didn't see it... let's try to still get it... ohh too late, a defender got to it".

If it's the stupid behaviour of the goalkeeper, no gameplan can improve that.

If it's the parting sea of the defense in the case of throughballs, maybe that one could be remedied with gameplan-changes, I'm open to suggestions.

But maybe the AI has problems to decide when to track and cover the attacking players and when to go for the ball. The problem is obviously that my defenders have their attackers to cover and then a ball comes into the middle while two of the attackers run away from the ball drawing my defenders with them, ie. parting the sea and then another attacker from the second row goes for the ball in the middle and shoots... goal.

With supercancel this might be prevented, but I'm not good at activating supercancel in the right moment. So I wish the Ai would be improved so that it can intuitively decide that it is better to go for the ball instead of tracking attackers.

Agree ! high through ball in PES 2012 are jocke and very much pointless . I'm was use it hole the time.. but now i try to use only :circle: with correct power,is better chose, but i miss PES 6 high through ball.

Agree ! high through ball in PES 2012 are jocke and very much pointless . I'm was use it hole the time.. but now i try to use only :circle: with correct power,is better chose, but i miss PES 6 high through ball.

Odd you guys dont like the high through ball, i find it's LETHAL!

Man, it's like PES 2012 was developed for gamespeed -2, everything just works like a charm there and it feels just right and realistic, even the goalkeepers are better at that speed (hehe, probably because the players and ball are slower and easier to track).

Yes, the bugs described are there are still there but they are just niggles. I can't believe it that I'm happy with PES 2012 (version 1.00 on gamespeed -2, as manual as possible and on top-player-difficulty) and think it's currently the best football simulation. Will report back if this high gets sour again with more matches, but today I'm very happy with the game.

JimmyGForce was right after all, I thought he was fantasizing cause on gamespeed 0 the game is awful, but on gamespeed -2 it's awesome!

Man, it's like PES 2012 was developed for gamespeed -2, everything just works like a charm there and it feels just right and realistic, even the goalkeepers are better at that speed (hehe, probably because the players and ball are slower and easier to track).

Yes, the bugs described are there are still there but they are just niggles. I can't believe it that I'm happy with PES 2012 (version 1.00 on gamespeed -2, as manual as possible and on top-player-difficulty) and think it's currently the best football simulation. Will report back if this high gets sour again with more matches, but today I'm very happy with the game.

JimmyGForce was right after all, I thought he was fantasizing cause on gamespeed 0 the game is awful, but on gamespeed -2 it's awesome!

What camera do you play on? I only play on widecam and -2 is like playing in slow motion but it certainly works better in the closer gameplay cams.

What camera do you play on? I only play on widecam and -2 is like playing in slow motion but it certainly works better in the closer gameplay cams.

I play only widecam, tried all the others but widecam I like best. At first it was like slo-mo to me as well, but then my brain adjusted and I could see better the speed and acceleration, so all is well now with -2. It took me about three matches to forget the speed of 0.

I play only widecam, tried all the others but widecam I like best. At first it was like slo-mo to me as well, but then my brain adjusted and I could see better the speed and acceleration, so all is well now with -2. It took me about three matches to forget the speed of 0.

Will need to give it another go.

Odd you guys dont like the high through ball, i find it's LETHAL!

No no no.. i love the high through ball,I use it all the time in old games , but in PES 2012 is made in very bad way, feel wrong!

Last edited:

Right. Simple request.

Make PES13 an out of the box game. Simple.

Take disc out of box, load it up and play. None of this tweak this, that, pinch your nipple, tickle your right gonad etc etc.

Just make it playable the minute I get it out the box.

Thats why the "kids" love fifa cos you dont have to know the depths of football to enjoy a game of football. My son and his mates are 9 and they dont even use sliders as they dont know what all that means. Yet they are on Fifa every day. Loving it.

I remember that list that WENB said last year when they said - adjust the colour, shrink the pitch, only play at night, use this, do that.

Im not saying it didnt improve it but who would know to do all that? people just want to fire up a game and play.

Thats why people love Fifa even though its souless. Its just easy to play out of the box

I can see in a way where you are coming from that it would be nice to have a game that is immediately playable without the community having to apply fixes and create tools to complete the job and make the game more playable.

However they should never remove the elements which make PES differ from FIFA. Namely having to learn how to play and the in depth strategy and tactics.

And part of the joy of PES certainly for me is modding the game on the PC.

Why? What is a difference between high through ball in Pes 2012 than in Pes 6? :YAWN:
The power, the control,the ball fly, the logic is total different and wrong ! Its hard to explain with words , maybe i will make video , but its HUGE diffidents

Back
Top Bottom