PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Are we (people in uk and Europe) moist at the thought of south American leagues? Probably not.
European football where it's at.

I think we will get general infos about Pes 2013 from there, not just licences about south american clubs and leagues.

Are we (people in uk and Europe) moist at the thought of south American leagues? Probably not.

Typical reasoning from an ignorant. This are the same kind of people who are in charge of football in England and this line of reasoning (ENGLAND IS DA BEST!!1! FUK DA REST!!211!) is why you haven't won a tournament in ages, why your youth products don't keep up with the world and your local heroes feel entitled when they in fact have never done anything outside of their local league.

If you love football you would love the expansion of teams regardless of whether it comes from the lower leagues in England or the top leagues in S. America. The more the merrier regardless of where it comes from.

Typical reasoning from an ignorant. This are the same kind of people who are in charge of football in England and this line of reasoning (ENGLAND IS DA BEST!!1! FUK DA REST!!211!) is why you haven't won a tournament in ages, why your youth products don't keep up with the world and your local heroes feel entitled when they in fact have never done anything outside of their local league.

If you love football you would love the expansion of teams regardless of whether it comes from the lower leagues in England or the top leagues in S. America. The more the merrier regardless of where it comes from.

Bit harsh? No? I'd imagine very little of us Britain's have very little interest in South American football. European yes South American or Asian? No.

Sure more the merrier but no need for that lousy reply.

I'm very excited at the prospect of South American leagues in PES. Who wouldn't be?

If you're a real fan of football you'll appreciate the importance of the Brazilian and Argentine leagues, after all it's here where most of the top talent in the European leagues originate from.

The Brazilian league is getting stronger and stronger. Wages are increasing so don't be surprised if the top Brazilian players decide to stay at home in the coming years.

+1

It's not a lousy response and you make a good point. There are so many great leagues outside Europe and I'd love to see them make their way into PES. There's a whole world out there beyond European club football.

Doesn't Brazil have a very strange system where half the year the teams play in different regions and end up playing a bunch of mediocre teams? Can someone more familiar with Brazilian football elaborate on that?

Doesn't Brazil have a very strange system where half the year the teams play in different regions and end up playing a bunch of mediocre teams? Can someone more familiar with Brazilian football elaborate on that?

They have the state championships which the clubs also compete in as well as the national league. I'm no expert but I've heard Tim Vickery talk about this on the BBC World Football Phone-in and he's of the opinion that the state championships are a waste of time these days and the big teams don't take them seriously.

I cant offer any insider info I'm afraid, only my own thoughts. The line that is constantly touted is that EA's license is exclusive. Why that is can probably be put down to EA as much as the Prem. There's no reason for the EPL to only deal in exclusive rights for playable titles - management games don't seem to have any problems.

I'd wager that EA's financial clout is such that they can offer more money for an exclusivity deal than Konami's best possible offer for a shared deal x 2. If so it'd take Konami getting to the point where they can manage 70% or so of what EA pay before the EPL have the ability to remove exclusivity. That's just looking at the bare minimum that we'd consider licensing to be - kits, teams, badges etc.

South American Leagues are lower priority from a marketing perspective, undeniably. I'd love to have as many teams as possible, and the South American leagues would be a great addition to PES. For the additional possible FL signings alone it'd be a real boon for the series, but as Jamez says the Brazilian league is getting stronger and fewer teams are able to afford players like Neymar - getting a four year licensing contract now would be a shrewd deal. But it all comes down to how much both companies think they would get back from any such expense.

Would love to see Brazilian and argentinian leagues and others in PES 2013, it's not only european leagues that are interesting.

I think the Brazilian Leagues will appeal more to their Asian fan base where the game has sold 1m copies.
In Europe I doubt the Brazilian/South American leagues will be less received as we don't know most of the players. Especially from div 2 teams.

You do realize PES is absolutely huge in South America...

No where near as huge as it is in Europe, Give us more European leagues then move onto Asia and the America's.

Sure more the merrier but quality over quantity will always be better. I'd like to see the best leagues in the World fully licensed and that means Konami putting part of the huge profits they have been making with PES back in the game, Apperently Konami has a new head huncho and this will be happening but like everything with Konami these days it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:

They have the state championships which the clubs also compete in as well as the national league. I'm no expert but I've heard Tim Vickery talk about this on the BBC World Football Phone-in and he's of the opinion that the state championships are a waste of time these days and the big teams don't take them seriously.

Yep, but the national league only starts when all the local (state) championships are finished.

But during the local championships there's also the Brazilian Cup in wich there are only knockout matchs (two matchs - home and away). In the first matchs, by raffle, a top team in the national league can play against a small club that is not even in the second division of the national league. In these first matchs against these very small clubs, the first match is always an Away match for the strong clubs and they can eliminate the poor ones already in the first match if they beat them by 2 goals, but this rule doesn't remain during all the Cup (at least when the better clubs start to play against each other).

The Brazilian Cup starts during the local championships and just ends around the end of the first part of the national league. Those teams that are playing Copa Libertadores don't play the Brazil's Cup (Copa do Brasil in portuguese).

I hope I made it a bit more clear.

Last edited:

No where near as huge as it is in Europe, Give us more European leagues then move onto Asia and the America's.

Sure more the merrier but quality over quantity will always be better. I'd like to see the best leagues in the World fully licensed and that means Konami putting part of the huge profits they have been making with PES back in the game, Apperently Konami has a new head huncho and this will be happening but like everything with Konami these days it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

No, really, PES is HUGE in South America. FIFA doesn't really register there. It's a massive market for Konami and one which they should serve with content from that region. We've seen the introduction of the Copa Libertadores - a fine move by Konami - so it only makes sense that some South American domestic leagues will follow. Think of all the massive clubs in Brazil and Argentina - wouldn't it be great to compete in a league with those sides?

I agree that there are some European leagues I would like to see added such as Belgium, Russia and Turkey, but diversifying to leagues outside Europe would be a great move.

Anyone from the Sensible World of Soccer era will know that, even if you are not interested in leagues outside Europe, simply having them there to scour for up-an-coming talent is so much fun.

Last edited:

No, really, PES is HUGE in South America. FIFA doesn't really register there. It's a massive market for Konami and one which they should serve with content from that region. We've seen the introduction of the Copa Libertadores - a fine move by Konami - so it only makes sense that some South American domestic leagues will follow. Think of all the massive clubs in Brazil and Argentina - wouldn't it be great to compete in a league with those sides?

I agree that there are some European leagues I would like to see added such as Belgium, Russia and Turkey, but diversifying to leagues outside Europe would be a great move.

Anyone from the Sensible World of Soccer era will know that, even if you are not interested in leagues outside Europe, simply having them there to scour for up-an-coming talent is so much fun.

PES sold 1 million copies in South America according to WENB, It sold ALOT more in Europe than 1 million, it might be a growing market but it still does not surpass Europe.

As i say the more the merrier but right now there's not enough teams from the continent that buy PES the most. Does South America now surpass Asia in terms of sales?

Last edited:

PES sold 1 million copies in South America according to WENB, It sold ALOT more in Europe than 1 million, it might be a growing market but it still does not surpass Europe.

As i say the more the merrier but right now there's not enough teams from the continent that buy PES the most. Does South America now surpass Asia in terms of sales?

Obviously Europe is responsible for the lion's share of PES sales, I don't dispute that. Japan, Asia and North America are massive markets too. I don't know all the figures but you can't make a direct comparison between a developed, rich Europe and a developing, poorer South America. The install base of consoles and disposable income to spend on games won't be the same as Europe.

You have to look at the bigger picture. Brazil is a country of nearly 200 million people. That's roughly the same as England, Germany and France put together. It's a massive market. Brazil is also a growing economic power with a population that is slowly but surely becoming richer. The Brazilian league is also growing in stature thanks to a strong currency which allows clubs to pay higher wages, and retain/attract the country's big players.

When you look at it this way, securing a deal with the Brazilian league would be a very shrewd piece of business for Konami and would mean much more to them than adding another European league.

Last edited:

For me I'd love to see some extra leagues come in, especially something diverse like South American countries, as opposed to having 3rd and 4th division leagues from England.

For me, Master League could probably do with the ability to be promoted/relegated no matter in which league you play (i.e. have a 2nd league slot for every league) but for BAL it's not as important, and I'd rather see a whole bunch of diverse first divisions that we can play in.

The main improvement I'd like to see is that they could allow something like FIFA where you can be a player/manager as opposed to BAL which allows you to control a single player only. That way you can actually change clubs and try out the various leagues, but still have some say in the tactics and signings.

Eventually you could move to become club boss or whatever it is. That's the kind of integration I'd like. Not 3 separate modes that are truly standalone.

Brasilian and Argentinian Leagues would be a massive addition for me. I wanted that since PS1. Also, I wouldn't mind more leagues from Asia/Africa as DLCs.

If the rumours of the Brazilian and Argentinean league being added then this are the things that will surely happen:

More players for the Master League
The possibility to play Copa Libertadores at a Master League
A huge impact on sales for south american market and an impact for all the EA fanboys who are constantly asking for Argentinean league in FIFA.

Also I think The Bundesliga and Premiere League are important, but Konami must focus first on renewing the Champions League license, and trying to acquire the Turkish and Czech league, those leagues were the recent ones lost by EA and since Konami could license more teams from those leagues, maybe licensing the entire league could be easy.If possible Konami may remove that fake 2D league, and try to license some of the 2D leagues, based on the leagues available or create fake leagues based on elements from those countries, and maybe gave use more slots for creating players and custom leagues.

By the Way, anyone bets for Mexican league?
My reason is that recently in the Mexican league, PES 2012 started to be announced on the adboards, but it´s weird that in 7 years of having the Mexican league in FIFA, they haven´t been announced on any season or they haven´t got presence on the league. In the video shows PES 2012 being announced.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePa4md0bocc&feature=related

Last edited:

Much of the stars of European championships are of america.

Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Romario, Ronaldinho, Juninho, Riquelme, Maxi Rodriguez, Javier Zanetti, Lucio, Julio Cesar, Messi.

I hope Konami invest in South American championships, Brazil, Argentina, Chile or Uruguay.

I think so, Konami will win the South American market and destroy the fifa fanboys.

and I hope Konami adds budesliga in PES 2013.

I love budesliga.

Last edited:

:LOL:

That would perfectly suit ML's constantly moaning players.

Bahaha. "Here you go, here's the F&*(^(% number 10 shirt!"

When I had Shimizu, I'd give him the Number 10 shirt, then take it off him next game. I rinsed and repeated till I sold him. I bet he never asked for it again when he got to Napoli. (Although Napoli's Number 10 is a very, very, very tough shirt to fill )

My FIFA loving mates comment when I told him pes12 had just added that cup thing in the update last week?

His answer? "big deal. Name 10 players in it? Why the hell would anyone in Europe be interested in that?"

Hard to disagree.

My FIFA loving mates comment when I told him pes12 had just added that cup thing in the update last week?

His answer? "big deal. Name 10 players in it? Why the hell would anyone in Europe be interested in that?"

Hard to disagree.

Off the top of my head: Ronaldinho, Vagner Love, Neymar, Ganso, D'Alessandro, Fred,

Ok that's only 6 but I only know a few teams, I'm pretty sure there are a few more big names.

Back
Top Bottom