Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

I might order one today. £250 value pack though there is another place that sell them for £220 just you have to wait a few weeks as there is a waiting list.
Machine alone is £220.

I dont know if I should wait for the US launch, I just know they will be hard to get and very expensive.
Dead pixels puts me off a bit and the games I would get will be in Jap but hopefully the cars names, lap times etc will be in English as will most of the txt in Everybodys golf. I think I will wait for the US release of ape acadamy though.

tony 7 said:
hopefully the cars names, lap times etc will be in English as will most of the txt in Everybodys golf. I think I will wait for the US release of ape acadamy though.

Car names wont be in Jap, 'cos its a brand name (Sony is still called Sony over there etc)

Lap times are in English numbers i think, just look at some pics,

Is there any point getting it now though, surely if youre gonna import you might aswell wait a couple of weeks until the US release, it'll probably save you like £100, which you could spend on games

I orddered mine a few weeks ago from www.electricbirdland.co.uk, it cost 305 quid, including FREE delivery, it was the value pack with all the extras like memory card, and came with Ridge Racers. Little bit more than you'd pay importing yourself, but firstly you won't get hit with custoemr charges, as you are buying in the UK, and secondly, i ordered it at 2.30PM, it arrived at 9.05am THE NEXT DAY!!! So if you want one in a hurry, and can afford that little extra, you'll be playing it tomorrow.

Also, don't worry about paying the extra tenner for UK adaptor, all it is is a standard cassette tape lead, the pwer supply that comes with the PSP is auto sensing, so i'm sure you could get a lead locally.

Most of the text in Minnano Golf is Japanese I'm afraid, so you'll just have to rely on common sense. Suffice to say that the menu's become fairly easy with repetition.

As for Ridge Racer, it really would be a pain to put lap times in Japanese characters.....of course they're in English!!!....Gave me a bit of a giggle though:-)

Place where I have ordered mine I asked to check for dead pixels and he went through 60 machines all of which had dead pixels and markings on the screen
I was told the best he found was 1 dead pixel and a very small mark looks like a hair under the screen and as I really wanted one for weekend I decided to take it.
I thought was good of him to be honest.

It only cost £170 at amazon.co.uk

Also you can buy it now at computer exchange for around £250

na u can but it online for 200 on uk import sites, justw ait till it comes out hee man, lazy in patient fools lol

No thanks, I'll keep my £200 aside for the £350 that they'll no doubt want for the next-gen consoles. When you take away how 'cool' and 'nice' it looks/is to have one of these, it's never worth it in a million years. It can be as 'nice' as it wants the simple fact is unless it's heavily supported by quality games it's a waste of cash.

I didnt think I'd be interested in one either, that was until I played Ridge Racers, it was truly amazing seeing such a game moving on a handheld. I still think they appeal to mainly people who have the ability to play games while travelling to work, i.e. on a train or a bus. I cant justify buying one, cause frankly I hardly get enough time to play games on my big consoles never mind on a portable one!!!

I will buy one, so i can play games while my wife watches television...i'm not sure however if i will buy one immediately i want to see what games there will be in the launch line-up.

Can't say I've played Ridge Racers taking a crap at the same time yet.....

LaAm said:
Can someone tell me about the PSP additional pack what does it have in it to cost a bit more.

The "Value Pack" has this lot in it:

What's in the box
# PSP Hardware (PSP-1000K Value Pack)
# PSP Memory Stick Duo 32MB
# PSP Headphones With Remote Control
# PSP Soft Case & Hand Strap
# PSP AC Adapter (100V - 240V, 50/60Hz, works worldwide)
# PSP Battery Pack
# Free Travel Plug (to fit in your country)

Hence the slight price difference

I have a PSP. I payed £230 for the Value Pack and RR from www.audiocubes.com

Its a great machine, I have no dead pixels but I DO have a slightly laggy square button. So far its no issue at all but it may be a little down the track. It works every time it just needs to be pressed hard.

I'd recommend waiting for the US machine now purely for the cost. You can get a PSP Wipeout and RR for £185 inc. delivery. Now THATS good.

I got a PSP Value Pack. Paid £210 with Ridge Racer and Screen Protector. The guy who sent it from Japan kindly put the value of the package being £50 and it was a gift so did not pay any tax. Not had any problems with the square button and also no dead pixels. Ridge Racer is awesome.

P-dogg said:
I'd recommend waiting for the US machine now purely for the cost. You can get a PSP Wipeout and RR for £185 inc. delivery. Now THATS good.

Is that from the same site or where is that deal? Cheers

Sorry, should have said. Its Videgames Plus www.videogamesplus.ca

I think they are all pre-ordered out for the first batch but well worth getting your name on the list for their second batch as the price is excellent.

The place I got mine from are doing Jap machines.

Thats a better price! What US games will be released at first? Anybody know?

There is no definite release list yet, but there is meant to be about 9 sports titles, mainly EA games, along with Wipeout Pure, Ridge of course, with GT4 Mobile a couple of weeks later and Metal Gear Acid then as well.

Just foudn the list below on IGN :

Sony also announced the preliminary list of launch titles, to be released simultaneously with the handheld:

Ape Escape: On the Loose, Sony Computer Entertainment America
ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails, Sony Computer Entertainment America
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower, Capcom
Dynasty Warriors, KOEI
FIFA 2005, Electronic Arts
Gretzky NHL, Sony Computer Entertainment America
Lumines, Ubisoft
Metal Gear Acid, Konami
MLB, Sony Computer Entertainment America
MVP Baseball, Electronic Arts
NBA, Sony Computer Entertainment America
NBA Street Showdown, Electronic Arts
Need for Speed Rivals, Electronic Arts
NFL Street 2 Unleashed, Electronic Arts
Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory, Konami
Ridge Racer, Namco
Smartbomb, Eidos Interactive
Spider-Man 2, Activision
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR, Electronic Arts
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix, Activision
Twisted Metal: Head On, Sony Computer Entertainment America
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade, Sony Online Entertainment
Wipeout Pure, Sony Computer Entertainment America
World Tour Soccer, Sony Computer Entertainment America

dat price on the last site mention tops the lot, i feel sorry for the guys who payed over 200 for it heheh

can you play U.S games on a jap psp? as i may order some if this is the case. my psp is great and i have had no problems, ridge racer is also mostly english, i just hope it plays uk games when they come out as i heard its up to the games makers (ea,konami etc) if the region lock them or not

jonneymendoza said:
dat price on the last site mention tops the lot, i feel sorry for the guys who payed over 200 for it heheh

No 400 at lauch!

OUCH!

I should hve mine 2moro or Monday

Back
Top Bottom