Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

Yeah, it'll be good to play footy on it. Has anybody played world tour soccer on it?

what uis the uk date for the psp im saving my money for dat,hope its soon tho and wipeout is amazing and so is gta game cant wait
2 watch movies and that on it,but is there a multi-region psp so i can watch dvds in uk and play uk games and us, if there is when

P0085196_C0000010_P0000000.jpg

im not bothered about the psp anymore cuz im not into handheld games nemore, i prefer to get a lappy instead hehheheheh

crayon said:
Yeah, it'll be good to play footy on it. Has anybody played world tour soccer on it?

Ya dude, I have it.

Its okay actually. Feels kind of like PES and Fifa mixed together. Looks lovely with some decent animation, replays and a big roster of unofficial teams. Some teams have proper kits (INter) but majority dont although ALL player names are correct.Load times are bearable. Overall the presentation is excellent.

There is an great challenge mode that gives you points for every tackle and pass and shot and takes them away if you lose the ball or kick it out. Its addictive and you have to beat a set score to unlock stadiums.

Only real downside is having to unlock ALL the teans which I cant be arsed to do and no league mode. They do have cups and stuff though.

Overall, I;d recommend it, although FIfa will soon be here so it might be worth waiting. Unless you want my copy ;)

Hehe.

can't nokami give us some info on we?

i'm dying for it!hope it will be released like we8, beginning of august...would fit exactly into my summerholidays to italy :)

On your hols you'd probably have to play it in the shade. It's crap in sunlight.

No one round here for a while. So, how far has everybody got with Wipeout. I find it bast**d hard doing the time trials. In fact I'm pretty crap at this game (always have been)but it IS addictive. Anybody downloaded off the web?

I have it also. There's no edit mode...boo! You can't replay stuff urself...boo! The dribble moves are pretty cool (Hold L1 and press x square or 0 to perform different moves...triangle and L1 makes ur player flop...which can work at correct times...but if u do it at the wrong time, you'll get a card).

Cool thing is...all the cups are set up just like the actual events occured. The Euro league tournament...all the 1st stage teams are the same as the 04-05 Champion's League. World Cup, Euro, Asia, etc...all resemble the most recent tournament lineups. Pretty cool

My friend is gonna get Fifa, and i'm gonna wait til' he gets it. If it's better than World Tour, then i'll get it. If not, then i'm waiting until WEpsp.

Got Gretsky's game. I saw it cheap somewhere and wondered if it is any good.

quick questions

really cant wait for the psp to be released here in the uk, thinking about getting one off ebay,sent from hongkong for around £170. is that a good price?

and more importantly...are the psp's region free ? will i be able to buy ukgames and play the on my imported psp?

thanks

The only problem you are going to have really is with UMD (thats the type of disc they use) movies, which have region coding just like dvd's do e.g.USA region 1, Japan and Europe region 2, etc. Most of the games at the moment seem to be region free so yes, you will be able to play UK games on it in my opinion. 170 quid seems reasonable, does it include p and p?

I have played on a PSP and they are brilliant. The screen is huge and watching a xXx2 trailer was near-DVD quality. Not enough decent games out though, just looking forward to PES :)

You mean it ain't out yet in the UK? Poor soul....Very clear screen though, thats a good point, so when you buy one immediately get one of those plastic sheets to put on top, so you don't scratch the little sod!

Yeah I meant there aren't enough decent games out in the US, meaning when it comes out over here there wont be much choice.

Well, there isn't that much choice in Japan either at the moment, unless you like anime like Bleach, and bloody Gundam robot-type games. Guess there is Sangoku Musou (dynasty warriors).....No Tiger Woods tho:( - oh well, at least we all have the internet to get the best deal.

Well the three games I'm looking forward to are PES 5, Gran Turismo 4 Mobile and Grand Theft Auto Portable.

GUYS I NEED HELP just got the wrong mem card for my psp on ebay it was only my second buy so i have won the thing . is there any way to get out of it ???

dsgg said:
GUYS I NEED HELP just got the wrong mem card for my psp on ebay it was only my second buy so i have won the thing . is there any way to get out of it ???

Put it back on ebay when you get it, thereby upping your own seller rating

Get FIFA much as I hate to say I NEED a footie game on the move and until we hear anythin bout PRO EVO or WE for PSP I will play this... ha ha ha 179.99 scandalous... I got it already, tut tut shame really

yea dats why im not buying it nemore, my mate just brang his 2 work, its goood but nothing special, just wait for the new consles 2 come out, fuck psp,

I got it too, but 179.99 is another great British rip-off.

Just got a few questions, as I'm seriously considering importing a PSP now the release date and (extortionate) price has been confirmed.

I'm in the UK so...

1) What's the best website to get a PSP from? Lik-Sang.com is my main choice, but are there better?

2) Someone in the UK that has got an import PSP, did you have to pay tax? And how much?

Thanks ladies ;)

Another quick question.

Whats the best region PSP to get, Japan or US? I heard that Japan ones can play Region 2 UMDs, which obviously would be better.

Is there any major differences between the two? PSPs are multi-region when it comes to games right?

I presume it's just the software that is region coded, not the machines. If you're a Brit, I'd get one from Japan if I were you.

Back
Top Bottom