PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Is it just me, or do you find your full back is determined to get into the box and get in the way whenever you have a corner? He's not set to be there, he'd be more useful staying back in case of a counter attack, but no - your 5' 8" full back stands there waiting for the corner while your massive target man centre forward is back waiting to defend the counter.

Worse than that, the full back seems determined to go for the ball - if you don't select a man in the box with R3, he'll run across and get in the way when your big men are trying to head it in.

I don't know how they don't recognise it and fix it.

Also, I hate the R3 thing. Its an interesting option in theory but the execution is poor.

Is it just me, or do you find your full back is determined to get into the box and get in the way whenever you have a corner? He's not set to be there, he'd be more useful staying back in case of a counter attack, but no - your 5' 8" full back stands there waiting for the corner while your massive target man centre forward is back waiting to defend the counter.

Worse than that, the full back seems determined to go for the ball - if you don't select a man in the box with R3, he'll run across and get in the way when your big men are trying to head it in.

If that's happening to you... you should do this: Make your tactics from scratch again.

That's an old bug, I think is fixed but you need to make your tactics again..

I play with Arsenal and every time I had a corner kick, my number 9 (van persie) would be outside the box, tried a lot of things and finally I decided to take note of all my players positions, load the default strategy and make the formation again. I did it again (exactly the same formation) and now Van Persie is always on the box.

The same situation applies to which player make the initial touch of the game and who receives it (it should be your 10).

There's an option in the tactics screen for who joins in on set pieces. Maybe you have the CB's selected in there and they're taking precedence over your striker?

I have my CB's selected but that shouldn't force the forward out of the box. No point having a corner/free kick when you only have one/two players to aim at.

hmm... Adam sound really impressed by Player ID :THINK:

I'll have review code after two months and we'll see ...

Review code, previews etc., count for nowt (sorry to both our PES and FIFA 'insiders' I don't listen or have much faith in whatever they have to say).

We all know we only find out what a PES iteration is like when it actually hits the streets. Same with FIFA.

Passed on some ML feedback late last year to Jon..

Improving Realism in Master League

Question: What do you feel is not realistic in transfers?
Answer: In regards to transfers, The Scout, he dictates who is interested in joining my team, I can spend my funds on upgrading him to top level in the first transfer window, suddenly players in the top bracket of football, world class players such as David Villa are interested in joining my team, no matter who I am.
I have no control on what transfer fee I pay, wages I pay, all I have to do is wait and decide to accept or reject. (note, this was written before 2012 when you can now negotiate but not go in with an offer directly)
I am proposing a model where the team you pick dictates what level of player and what kind of challenge you want, this refers to both budgets and reputation.
I will explain in detail how to do this.

Team Changes

So as said above, The Scout decides who is interested in joining you, I propose a new system based on Reputation and Wealth, each of them offering their own challenges.
So let me introduce you to four new parameters to rate a team.
• SUPPORT
• CHAIRMAN
So, if you are starting a game as Manchester City you would be given a budget of £100 million to spend, easy challenge you would say, well yes and no, I propose a new stricter chairman for this type of team, just say if you lose 4 games in 10, you will be fired, fail to win the league or Champions League and you will be fired, support will be the patience of supporters, fail to dominate a game (say based on result, shots on target, possession) and the crowd will boo you, possibly affecting team morale.
However if you are going with my team, Everton you would be given £500 thousand to spend, required to raise your own funds, but have a more patient chairman and fanbase who will give you more encouragement and time.
So to put them into comparison (Based on an A-D Scale):
MANCHESTER CITY EVERTON
REPUTATION B REPUTATION C
WEALTH A WEALTH D
SUPPORT C SUPPORT B
CHAIRMAN C CHAIRMAN A

The only stat that can be altered over time will be the Reputation, this will be based on points awarded for League and Trophy Wins on a scale of 1-100 points, I felt PES 2011 on Nintendo Wii had this side of things covered greatly, even after two Champions League wins I still could not attract the worlds best players at that time, only the top prospects.
Support can also be visible in the stadium, play in the lower half of the league and depending on your Support level supporters may leave empty seats, some teams however will always have stadiums 75% full, such as Blackburn, Wigan, their support would be D, to ensure they would not get boo’ed off the pitch however, their reputation would be C or D, low expectations.
At the start of the season the Chairman will set a team objectives, ie, win the league, quarter finals of the Champions League for Manchester City and United, mid table for Everton, avoid bottom three for Wigan.

League Changes
In order to ensure realism in leagues and the players moving between them I would suggest also rating leagues.
This would also be based on a reputation and wealth level and be based on a player’s reputation (more on that later)
I also propose for COM transfers, a cap based on the fee for that type of league.

It may also be worth adding a salary cap to individual teams, to stop COM teams transferring popular players at what would be an unpopular price for that club, but on second thoughts they would probably not even have that kind of budget unless they do massive player sales.

So according to my table above, teams in England who have that kind of money will attract the type of players that 50 million can buy, but this will be based on both their wealth and reputation, a good example would be if a team like Manchester City has a rating A for Wealth but B for Reputation would probably be charged an extra premium (say 25%) of say both transfer fee and also wages, whereas Manchester United would pay a premium of 5-10% due to their rating of B for Wealth and A for Reputation.

Player Changes
The players would also have a Reputation attribute, this would be filtered out of leagues, example an A or B player would never move to Portugal league which has a reputation level of B.
The biggest change would be to incorporate a hidden change, even hidden from user editing which would have in essence, a check list of teams they would play for, example would be Puyol, who moves to Real Madrid, this would be checked out of their possible destinations, it would need some attention for most of the players to improve realism, things such as Gerrard not moving to Man Utd and Rooney not moving to Liverpool.
It sounds like a big undertaking I know, but you would gain a lot of help from the community, the questions need to be asked, which clubs would a player not go to and why, this could then be clarified by the community.

There's an option in the tactics screen for who joins in on set pieces. Maybe you have the CB's selected in there and they're taking precedence over your striker?

The problem isn't one or both of the CBs being there, it's the full back being there.

The problem isn't one or both of the CBs being there, it's the full back being there.

same here m8 when playing online i play as man city and every corner clichy
is automatically at or near the near post and trys to get his head on everything. i have not selected him on the tatics screen but he is always there!!!
they should not be there unless you select them most fullbacks stay back or at least stop on the edge of the box.

Last edited:

Also, I hate the R3 thing. Its an interesting option in theory but the execution is poor.

yep, the manual mode is painful to use, the simple one is ok but kinda unnecessary

Review code, previews etc., count for nowt (sorry to both our PES and FIFA 'insiders' I don't listen or have much faith in whatever they have to say).

We all know we only find out what a PES iteration is like when it actually hits the streets. Same with FIFA.

actually after it hits the streets, back then on pc(3-6) it was like a few feeks maybe to make it click in your head
lets hope its the same with 013 again(:P)

I would love to see temporary stat boosts for rivalries big games and winning streaks and also for outstanding players and and a temporary decline for losing streaks and injuries i think it would add another layer and have a randomised underdog mentality for weaker clubs

same here m8 when playing online i play as man city and every corner clichy
is automatically at or near the near post and trys to get his head on everything. i have not selected him on the tatics screen but he is always there!!!
they should not be there unless you select them most fullbacks stay back or at least stop on the edge of the box.

did you try what i said? I'm not sure if it will fix it for you, but it did for me. Re do your formation from the default one, first choosing the formation type (433, 452, etc) and then making your own moves on the indiviudal positions (without moving a forward to defense because it will still remember, because of a bug, where it was originally positioned on the CK. At least it worked that way on previous versions).

It fixed it for me.

If there's one thing in 2013 I want to see improved it's for Konami to stop putting international matches the day before a league game in ML. As you improve your squad, the more players become internationals, then the more players you have completely unplayable the following day for your league fixture. Madness. In real football, I can't remember ever seeing two clubs need to play a reserve team for a Champions League semi final or a vital league fixture because their top players played for their country less than 24-hours earlier. The very notion would be inconcievable.

Konami is a bizarre company. For years, so many moments of brilliance levelled off with the most strange decision making I've ever seen. Did someone test ML and not notice how internationals are a day before a fixture? Did it somehow go unnoticed or did someone just let it go? In reality, some game developer must have deliberately put the international fixtures there on purpose, after, I presume, a load of meetings about how to set up ML. Really, really odd reasoning over at Konami's PES team.

Last edited:

If there's one thing in 2013 I want to see improved it's for Konami to stop putting international matches the day before a league game in ML. As you improve your squad, the more players become internationals, then the more players you have completely unplayable the following day for your league fixture. Madness. In real football, I can't remember ever seeing two clubs need to play a reserve team for a Champions League semi final or a vital league fixture because their top players played for their country less than 24-hours earlier. The very notion would be inconcievable.

Konami is a bizarre company. For years, so many moments of brilliance levelled off with the most strange decision making I've ever seen. Did someone test ML and not notice how internationals are a day before a fixture? Did it somehow go unnoticed or did someone just let it go? In reality, some game developer must have deliberately put the international fixtures there on purpose, after, I presume, a load of meetings about how to set up ML. Really, really odd reasoning over at Konami's PES team.

It is a crap time for friendlies, but I personally would like to see the international calender play more of an impact on your season like world/continental tournaments meaning players actually miss pre-season and therefore come back fatigued for the new season etc, then also if you're in the Championship for example if one of your stars is good enough to play for his country but isn't getting the chance, I'd like him to tell me he wants a transfer to be more competitive on the national team level.
Also for ML I want to see the return of simplified stats counters, what happened to the screen where i could press 'x' and then up came the amount of games my player had played, goals he'd scored and set up. On the same subject I'd like stat counters for the your club as you progress through years, like All Time Top Scorer etc, so you can compare someone from your 10th year against your original star from year 1, simple things which make a difference.
It would also be interesting if they could make your youth team play in a youth league, so you can see how your young stars progress in game time and also be able to scout other teams young players and bring in a 'poaching' system, this would give you more of a reason to have a top youth set-up! improving your youth systm would mean other teams young stars would be more willing to join etc.
I just think that FL/ML is a game mode which if taken seriously can take hundreds of hours of game play, the actual game mode needs more depth outside of building your current squad and on the pitch to keep more people interested in running the club for longer.

OFF topic: look at those graphics and atmosphere, it makes Fifa and specially PES feel so outdated in tecnical aspect.

YouTube - Backbreaker Gameplay 10 mins

I think Pes and even Fifa nextgen won't be better than that. I expect something similar to this game (backbreaker) because it really looks like a nextgen game compared to Pes and Fifa.

OFF topic: look at those graphics and atmosphere, it makes Fifa and specially PES feel so outdated in tecnical aspect.

YouTube - Backbreaker Gameplay 10 mins

I think Pes and even Fifa nextgen won't be better than that. I expect something similar to this game (backbreaker) because it really looks like a nextgen game compared to Pes and Fifa.

It's expensive to license Euphoria.

The challenge is to find out what makes real football work regarding fast attackers and to implement that in the game.

What stops in real life football fast attackers from waltzing over the defense and making a dozen goals per match?
A good kick in the bollocks.

what do you think, will PES 2013 have (real) Chelsea because they win CL

Theuy shouldnt even be in the CL next season for christ sake

As far as the game goes, Chelsea won't be in the CL mode like previous editions. But you should be able to play with them in ML(with CL integrated).

No. Jon Murphy confirmed Chelse will not be in CL.

:BOP: best news ever ! CL mode will be better place for football fans, without catanachos .

Last edited:

Keepers. Take the ISS animations out!

The keepers need to be rebuilt from scratch, not only their animations are off, their reaction to loose balls, their positioning, their reaction to deflected balls, it's a mess.

The animations of the other players need to be much more varied, adaptable and convincing. Currently it's like there are only about 10 animations per player, it feels very stiff and they can't change from one animation to the next in a convincing smooth and adaptable way.

And playerswitching is awful, often choosing players for a pass, throughball or highball that weren't meant and even if you manage to select the one meant, the player chosen first by the cpu won't stop to go for the ball ffs!

Ballphysics are also pretty basic.

And a realistic realtime two-tiered stamina/fatigue-system is sorely missing.

An option to choose weather/daytime-settings in all modi is sorely missing as well, cause nightgames look and feel just awful.

Hehe, I think once a week I write this to get steam off...

The keepers need to be rebuilt from scratch, not only their animations are off, their reaction to loose balls, their positioning, their reaction to deflected balls, it's a mess.

The animations of the other players need to be much more varied, adaptable and convincing. Currently it's like there are only about 10 animations per player, it feels very stiff and they can't change from one animation to the next in a convincing smooth and adaptable way.

And playerswitching is awful, often choosing players for a pass, throughball or highball that weren't meant and even if you manage to select the one meant, the player chosen first by the cpu won't stop to go for the ball ffs!

Ballphysics are also pretty basic.

And a realistic realtime two-tiered stamina/fatigue-system is sorely missing.

An option to choose weather/daytime-settings in all modi is sorely missing as well, cause nightgames look and feel just awful.

Hehe, I think once a week I write this to get steam off...

ehm yea, right, basically they need a complete new engine
as i wrote several times

Today I was Bayern and was in my black away kit. Any guesses what colour the ref turned up in? Thats right. Black.

In another game I was in my red kit and the away team were in white. Any guesses what colour the away keepers kit was? thats right Red. Any guesses what colour my keepers kit was? Thats right. White.

These stupid errors have to be ironed out for PES13

Also it would be nice in PES13 if the ref was worked on. He dont blow a whistle, he points the wrong way for whose ball it is. He gets in the way.He is always miles behind the play and comes running into shot a few seconds after the foul has been made.The ref is a waste of time. Make him blow a whistle! Nothing more annoying that ref being on screen at full time yet he just stands there as the full time whistle goes.

Stupid things like this make PES12 look so dated and unfinished. Lets hope it dont happen in PES13

Last edited:

Today I was Bayern and was in my black away kit. Any guesses what colour the ref turned up in? Thats right. Black.

I brought this up before. There seems to be a bug with the Champions League kits i.e. the game doesn't recognise them and assigns a ref colour based on the standard home kit instead.

A simple option in the pre-match menu to select the colour of the ref's kit is all that's needed (if the game isn't intelligent enough).

Hmmm thehut advertising already plus a release date. Surely just a placemarker

pes2013releasedate.png

Back
Top Bottom