Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii + DS + Wii U

HD remake of Wind Waker looks the nuts. Seriously considering getting a Wii U since I saw the first shots of that game. Loved it on the GameCube.

My god zombieU is awesome. The constant feeling of dred everywhere you go... And the more you go through the game the greater is becomes as you fill your backpack with weapons and tools and risk losing it all at any second. I've died so many times already, always my own fault for being to impatient and trying to take a zombie on rather than back away and time my shots.

The "me as a zombie" thing in the bonus menu is also really cool. I wish we could have used that to map our faces onto the in game zombies. Would have been great to put your friends into the game or even send yourself into someone else's game. An idea for a sequel maybe..... Invading your friends game as a zombie with your face mapped to it.

Sounds good.

I haven't played mine in a while. Not even opened Nintendoland yet.

Got loads of cheap PC games to get through. I do a quick hit on Mario every so often, really like it in HD. Looks amazing.

Actually avoid it. It's basically a glorified demo. It's like an iOs game where you get the game for free but have to buy the content for it.

Couple of games coming this month but each of them has something that kinda puts me off.

Monster hunter 3 ultimate. I've never played one of these but have liked the look of them. They're removing the region block in april so USA and eu can play together which is great. I'm just not too sure if I fancy all the grinding and it's basically a wii game in hd.

Need for speed. Supposedly looks better than 360/ps3 versions. I'm kinda bored of racing games now but it looks fun. Not sure if it's got enough to justify a full price purchase over getting the ps3 version for half that.

Lego city undercover. Looks like it could be awesome. But in every video Ive seen the handling of the vehicles looks horrific. It seems really twitchy with no inertia.

What is the WiiU owners general consensus on it now? Shopto currently are selling the basic machine for £180, which is tempting, though am thinking come nearer Christmas, there will be some decent bundles with the PS4 etc on the market, or even a price drop below £150 possibly.

I've enjoyed Lego city. I'm struggling to get into monster hunter but I've read that's the general consensus on the games. The first few hours are dull and a heavy grind.

There are a few things I'm looking forward to. The hero 102? 101? Whatever the number is. Pikmin3 and whatever Zelda/mario games come. They really need a good E3 though to convince me this console is something worth keeping once ps4/Xbox come.

I haven't touched mine since I bought it.

I just can't seem to muster up the will power to turn it on. I think am too old for gaming, I just like my football fix on FIFA clubs now...

Great multiplayer but single player is nonexistent at the moment. It should pick up at some point though, like the 3DS has recently.

Is £220 a fair price for a premium console with Zombiu, mario brosU and an extra controller with nunckuk?

Depends how much a premium is new. Sounds like a bargain price to me

This is Jay when he went to buy his WiiU:

dis-gon-b-gud.gif

And this is Jay one week later:

:BRICK:

Anyone getting Pokémon X or Y? Haven't played Pokémon for years and didn't play it much but really enjoyed it so very excited for this. Going to get the digital version of Y, I think.

Will get it at some point. Never been a huge fan of the games but this looks and sounds pretty promising.

Fire Emblem Awakening is just a superb game. Fantastically polished gameplay and presentation.

Fire Emblem Awakening is just a superb game. Fantastically polished gameplay and presentation.

I played it a little but left it for some reason. I'm playing the classic mode where if someone dies then they're gone forever, I think I found it too stressful!

I agree as well to be honest - to me, the only console worth buying at all right now is a Wii U. Seems as though it's pretty much dead already though so no point really.

I like Nintendo, they don't try to be the best on hardware terms with the typical games played with a traditional controller, they try to bring new ideas to the table to make something very different from the experience you get on PC/PS/Xbox, and some of their first-party software is excellent as well as some interesting exclusives... It was a resounding success with the Wii, both the DS/3DS have done very well...

Maybe they should have gone with Oculus Rift style VR or something, that's probably the next big thing.

I agree that most gamers these days are stupid. Well they either fall into either the casual moron market, or they're young idiots. But they're all stupid when it comes to games.

But I still think that Nintendo are at fault. I can't think of anything on the wiiU right now that makes me want to buy it (buy the game, I already have the console) The new mario just does nothing for me. I can't think of anything else they have on sale or coming soon that I'd be interested in.

The problem I see is they've spread themselves too thin. You have the gamepad, the pro controller and the wii remotes. Some games are better with certain perhipherals, some only work with some. Nothing feels new or exciting. It's just drips of games that just look like hd remakes.
Wii remote games tend to feel too familiar to what the original wii already did. Pro controller games... I suspect most gamers will just pick up the Xbox/ps versions. Gamepad only games... Few and far between and a bit of an arse to play.

I'd love to see something like fire emblem awakening on there. Or a mario game that's open world. Not GTA style but just a large game world with exploration.

I don't mind them using the same beloved characters time after time. It's just mind numbingly boring to see yet another 2d mario game and then years later... They hype us for... Another 2d mario game. Not to excuse the cod's and sports games that are samey each year though. But also not ignoring Nintendo doing the same. That article implies you can't moan at Nintendo because others do it. Well we can.

And speaking of beloved games. Where the fuck is f zero? Why haven't they made a huge space world mass effect like game for a new starfox?

Nintendo have such a great library to pick from but just keep the same shit on repeat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom