Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii + DS

Reggie and Iwata are gonna drop da bomb today.

Always the same formula, same games, but best ideas.
Nintendo: Kings of Business.

It does look pretty good although I don't think the graphics look that advanced, also the line up stuff is said to be PS3 and 360 versions in that video. It's also nice to see some good games finally coming to the 3DS.

Zelda is the only thing really that would make me want a 3DS, would love to play that again.

Recently bought my 3DS in time for a 20 hour long haul flight, and it's lovely :) Got Streetfighter and PES initially, both good for a quick blast now and again. Love the 3D effects. Also, just bought some old DS games for a fiver each, New Super Mario Bros, Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Mario 64. They look okay, play great, but are very old now.

Zelda is gonna be awesome, the N64 version was my favourite game for years so it'll be great to play it again and in 3D. Can't wait.

Is the 3DS store actually now online? My 3DS still doesn't detect it, says it'll be available with the next firmware update, and that I'm currently up to date.

Also, love the look of the Wii U, shame as I don't have a Wii, but that Zelda tech demo looks amazing. Maybe something similar will come out on the next console, which would be great because I really don't like the look of the new Zelda game coming out for the Wii. If only it'd go further down the Twilight Princess art style, like that tech demo....

So did you guys hear that the WiiU will only support one WiiU Controller? I imagine for multiplayer the rest will just have to use basic Wiimotes. There's also no Blu-ray/DVD playback.

Definite dampener on the whole experience. Mind you I play the Wii on my own these days any way as most people aren't bothered with multiplayer.

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/06/well-this-sucks.php

ordered a wii today, they are so cheap at the moment

games to recommend? i got super mario bros and golden eye, what are must have titles?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime: Trilogy
Super Mario Galaxy
No More Heroes
Resident Evil Archives
Super Paper Mario
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
etc.

Depends on what sort of games you're after.

everything i missed out on since my first wii basically :D

thanks for the list.

thanks for the list.

I've just done the same, (bought a wii again).

Reall enjoying,

Monster hunter tri
F1 2009
Tiger woods 2012 is very good

And all the usual suspects as above...

thanks for the list.

If you're into PES still, better get it. 2011 version obviously.

And Super paper mario is what I'm currently playing. About to finish it as well. Loving it.

still much into pes, just got a ps2 with all the old versions...:) will get 2011 for wii though, yup.

are the lightgun games any good, any particular ones? feeling like i want to shoot something. any point blank clones or something? loved that game back in the arcade / psx days

still much into pes, just got a ps2 with all the old versions...:) will get 2011 for wii though, yup.

Make sure you get the classic controller though. Can't play it using the nunchuk etc.

are the lightgun games any good, any particular ones? feeling like i want to shoot something. any point blank clones or something? loved that game back in the arcade / psx days
House of the Dead: Overkill? Red Steel 2?

I got dangerous hunts, comes with a shotgun peripheral which is cool. Got basic shooting gallery and a story mode where you have to move around and hunt etc.

Tis pretty good.

Ghost Squad, love it. There is also the old Sega Arcade double pack game of GunBlade NY and LA Machineguns.

thanks guys, will check those out :)

what about modding pes, is it possible?

No idea mate. I'm not sure we have a Wii modding community here. I'm just enjoying the gameplay regardless.

same here. good game! master league with as roma at the moment, it rocks.

Just got a 3DS :)

Got Pilot Wings with it which I really like. Got SFIV and Zelda coming tomorrow.

Dont know whether to bother with PES, certainly not at £20 as 2012 will be out in a few months (I assume?), so will prob leave that.

Beyond Ghost Recon (which I'll get soon), anything else really worth getting? Puzzle Bobble is £12 on Amazon and I've always liked that, but can get a cheap knock off (or even the orig) on iOS for a couple of quid.

Will stock up on some old DS games too I reckon. Good system though, enjoying it and the 3D is really cool.

Crikey, the 3DS is actually really good!

Just loving Pilot Wings, so relaxing and those beautiful little Nintendo touches that make things a joy to play.

Got SFIV and Zelda this morning and quick plays of both really do reveal the power of the 3DS. The graphical capabilities are great - SF in particular very impressive, plus the wealth of modes and options makes it really fully fledged.

Zelda is gonna take a while to get into of course, but first impressions are very good. The way you can view your surroundings in an AR kind of way with the gyroscope are excellent.

Took it out into town today to try and get some street-passes, but nothing. Did earn 10 coins via the pedometer though :)

Any friend codes chaps?

Back
Top Bottom