Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii + DS

I cancelled the pre-order. I think I will wait.

Not convinced much?

I probably will get it at a later date but at the moment only PES looks good. So its not really worth it currently. Plus I would like to see the 3D effect before I put my money down.

I tested one at Game in Manchester the other day. The 3D effect is was more impressive than I thought it would be, also the free mini games that you get with the 3DS are also excellent.

However like Billy I am going to wait, at the moment only PES is of interest to me so will wait and see what other games come out before buying it.

Might consider getting one in the summer when Zelda comes out. Quite interested in it but like everyone else, I'd like to see the 3D first.

Pokemon White is tempting me to actually get a 3DS even though its not a 3DS game. I havent played a Pokemon game in about ten years. I think the last one I played was Pokemon Gold and that was around 2000/2001.

I hear that there is new pokemans now! New pokemans!

Changed my mind again. Went for a pre-order at Tesco Entertainment. Getting the Aqua Blue 3DS and Super Street Fighter IV 3D for £207 delivered. Plus another 9% cashback. Brings it down for a total of £188.37. Pretty good!

Just got the 3DS delivered. Pretty good service from Tesco. 1 day before official release. The game hasnt arrived yet so I assume it will be here tomorrow. Played around with the unit for a bit. Hardware build quality is pretty good. Feels solid but its all plastic. The aqua blue colour is different in person then in the press shots.

The main screen has a higher resolution then the DSi and this is evident immediately. Its not retina display quality obviously but its still pretty damn good. However viewing angles are pretty bad. The 3D effect is pretty good. You can see both depth and pop out effects. At first your eyes feel weird, almost like cross eyed but after a few seconds they adjust to the 3D. You can also change the level of depth with the slider. Its actually a really nice feature but I cant make full judgements yet until I actually play some games!

Within the main menu of the 3DS there are loads of things to do. There is the built in camera facility that allows you to take self portraits (in 2D) and 3D photos. The quality is really appalling. Its similar to the quality of those old VGA camera lenses on the early colour Nokia/Samsung/Motorola phones in the early 2000s.
There is no video recording feature currently but that will come with a future system update. Oh and a 2GB SD card is supplied with all 3DS consoles.

You then have your Mii Makers and Mii Plaza. Same thing thats on the Wii. By using the StreetPass you can collect other peoples Mii's while on the go. Friend codes are now just for each console, not for each game (thank God!).

There is a music player to listen to MP3's. AR cards are supplied that give you access to a variety of mini games but I haven't had time to try them yet. One of the built in games is Face Raiders. You basically upload a picture of yourself or a friend and with the gyroscope and cameras move around your environment and shoot down the faces that appear on the screen. Im not a fan of crappy little mini games like this but I actually found it quite enjoyable.

Overall im pretty happy with the hardware of the 3DS. I cant really go into too much depth until I have a game to play on. The only problem is that I seem to have a dead pixel on the screen which is pretty annoying. I will give it a few days and see if it sorts itself out. If not i'm going to try and get a replacement. After all it did end up costing close to £200 quid.

I'm really tempted to get one, though my history of handheld gaming is restricted to the Game Boy Advance SP. :P

What titles should I look out for?

At the moment there isn't that much apart from PES 2011 3D and Super Street Fighter IV 3D. I also heard that Pilotwings is good but incredibly short.

Im going to be getting some DS games I missed out on such as Chrono Trigger, New Super Mario Bros, Pokemon etc while I wait for the big 3DS games like Zelda Ocarina of Time, MGS3 3D and Resident Evil Revelations later in the year.

I've heard the emulation of older DS titles is not so good on the 3DS. Apparently the games run a little "choppy" and add black lines rather than maximising the screen.

Can anyone confirm this?

Loving the 3DS. SSFIV is great, controls bit difficult sometimes but it looks fantastic!

gonna get PES and RR next I think. Dead or Alive in May!!

Had mine played about with all my launch games and its hard to state my feelings other than:

ITS FOOKING AMAZING.

Astounding work by nintendo.

Pilotwings feels like i could grab the plane, SSF feels like two minature fighters are in my hands, pro evo is like being at the football and riiidge raaacer is just breathtaking.

Purchase justified, the 3d adds loads to the gameplay.

I agree, Resident Evil hasn't been decent since the PS1 days (the releases on the Gamecube were decent too). Resi 4 was OK, but nothing compared to the first three. Resi 5 was meh.

Shame really.

I agree, Resident Evil hasn't been decent since the PS1 days (the releases on the Gamecube were decent too). Resi 4 was OK, but nothing compared to the first three. Resi 5 was meh.

Shame really.

Resi 4 was more then OK. That game was the nuts and the best RE game they did. Code Veronica was also very good.

I agree that Resi 5 was a let down though.

Mercenaries on the 3DS is not a proper RE Game though. RE: Revelations is also being developed by Capcom and that will be a full on RE game!

Last edited:

The story was so different to 1, 2 and 3 that it ruined the game. Not only that but they stopped being suspenseful and scary after RE4.

It was fun though and the game play was good, but nothing more than OK game compared to the others in the series.

Back on topic, the RE game looks good on the 3DS. They've really pushed the visuals, I just hope it has a memorable story.

The story was so different to 1, 2 and 3 that it ruined the game. Not only that but they stopped being suspenseful and scary after RE4.

It was fun though and the game play was good, but nothing more than OK game compared to the others in the series.

Back on topic, the RE game looks good on the 3DS. They've really pushed the visuals, I just hope it has a memorable story.

Dont expect to much story wise in this game as it is based on the mercanaries game from RE5. All we know is that RE: Revelations is coming out after mercanaries on 3DS but capcom not shown anything off yet.

One mad thing is that finally you will be able to move and shoot on a resident evil game with mercanaries. RE fans have been asking capcom to include this for 10 years now. :)

Last edited:

NintenGO: E3 for next hardware, power boost over PS360

Following a strong rumour that Nintendo’s next console has been shown to developers and will hit at E3, new details claim the machine is “significantly” more powerful than both 360 and PS3.

NintenGO: E3 for next hardware, power boost over PS360

Following a strong rumour that Nintendo’s next console has been shown to developers and will hit at E3, new details claim the machine is “significantly” more powerful than both 360 and PS3.

Way too many rumours floating around at the moment so I assume that something is going on. Im looking forward to E3 what with all the new games, NGP and possibly new Nintendo console hardware.

Back
Top Bottom