UFC 3

Yeah, as soon as you hit the deck, if your on top or on your back you need to hold 'Block'. The first thing most people do is try to transistion immediately, If you block their attempt, that gives you the window to transition yourself to a more dominant position. You can also try going to Tutorials and nailing the Reversal side of the game, that's the area the will give you a huge advantage on the floor once learnt.

I got owned by this kid last night on my feet, finished me 4-times in a row with strikes, but more so, strikes to the liver. I learnt a harsh lesson in that regard last night. :(

Nice one, Should get on tonight for a few hours to try it out.

On the reversals i had a look at my stats...over 50 hours playtime and 17 hours fight time and i've done a whooping 4 reversal's lol.

Nice one, Should get on tonight for a few hours to try it out.

On the reversals i had a look at my stats...over 50 hours playtime and 17 hours fight time and i've done a whooping 4 reversal's lol.

:LOL:

Yeah that's pityful, but on a positive side, get that side of the game nailed and you will be laughing. I'll always hold Block when I hit the deck, then look for a movement from my opponent. For example, keep an eye on your opponents foot, when he attempts to kick you off or transition, there is always a tell-tale initial sign of the animation. It's at that point you flick the right stick to the right or left (I always flick right out of habit), to attempt the Reversal. You can do this Reversal from every position though, and even in the Clinch when standing. You can also use to to Reverse a wrestlers slam. ;)

Anyway, pick up a cheap PS3 copy of this game and lets do this properly bud. ;) :TU:

do you need any online codes for this or can i pick up a second hand copy

going to be using it on the xbox 360 though, shame cos wouldn't mind rolling with you guys

Last edited:
£25 new now so it would be cheaper getting it new rather than second hand and buying a code

Been holding block Jimmy once took someone down and its not making any difference? Other player just stands right back up?

edit: Think i need to take a break from UFC, Just smashed the pad off my knee which is now in severe pain after losing my 7th fight in a row against someone with the rocord of 16-89 :S

Last edited:
thanks, think i will order it

just for online only, anyone else got it on the xbox 360 that would fancy some fights?

Been holding block Jimmy once took someone down and its not making any difference? Other player just stands right back up?

edit: Think i need to take a break from UFC, Just smashed the pad off my knee which is now in severe pain after losing my 7th fight in a row against someone with the rocord of 16-89 :S

They can't kick you off immediately if you hold away on the right stick. The only very rare exception, and it is rare, is against the fighters ranked 90 or above with a great ground game.

Do you still have a PS3, if so, pick up a cheap copy of this and we can spar and use the PS3 chat. It's a really complex game this, that can get frustrating against good players. So much to know and learn.

my game has arrived today, xbox 360

anyone on xbox add me please

GT = bitter rivals

i usually just jump straight online, only played this for a few fights with ufc fighters offline so far from understanding the game however i know mma inside out, or at least i feel i do...

i hope it plays like real life. i.e transitions and moves with the controller in a natural movement with arms and hands in the game?

i enjoy the ground game much more than standup on real mma..

I spent most of the time trying to get a fight tonight. Wouldn't find a game even on quick match etc

I tried simulation but no chance

Suppose tha is the equivalent of manual and assisted on FIFA online

Shame really, can see this being a flop already

Managed to find 2 games which I won

what a let down this game is online.

can never find a game with simulation. the way online is setup is just shit (boring)

also still doesn't feel realistic imo, i have obvioulsy not put enough time in however it seems as though button mashing can still play a massive part

no strategy to some fights

same scenario online on ps3? is the non simulation mode crap ? but has more players?

My mate says this game is total arcade and maeks a game like fight night feel liek a total simulation.

Not sure to buy or not?

Do the fighters have different styles and can yu feel the differnece between fighters, do they fight in different ways and fights end up difffernetly or is it all random and many fights same thing over?

what a let down this game is online.

can never find a game with simulation. the way online is setup is just shit (boring)

also still doesn't feel realistic imo, i have obvioulsy not put enough time in however it seems as though button mashing can still play a massive part

no strategy to some fights

Your best bet is go to Player Match and create your own room with Simulation settings. You'll get plenty of challengers, I never have a problem with this. Once I've a had a couple of fights with decent people, I add them as friends. I'm then happy to scrap with those whenever I venture online.

This game can be as 'Simulated' or as 'Arcadey' as you wish. The game has been designed this way. Using Simulation Energy and Pro Controls with Defaut Gameplay will give you the most 'Simulated' experience as you cannot spam transitions or throw non-stop strikes without a penalty. The other options give you something completely different.

THQ dropped a bollock by not giving an option to fight Ranked Matches in Simulation. That is apparently being rectified with a patch in the future.

The ground game is by far my favourite part of this game, with control being massively important. Adding the sweeps of the Jits guys and the Reversals of the Jits and Wrestlers takes this to a level never before realised on a UFC game.

This game is as deep as you care to dig on the Simulated settings, and against a good player it's a truly incredible experience. There is so, so much to learn though, and having the benefit of knowing both MMA and the previous UFC titles will help massively.

Edit - Bitter Rivals - I would make sure you go through the full Tutorial, and then start a Career on Experienced. You will learn so much about this game that way, and only then can you truly begin to see it's depth. If you know MMA, then everything will click very quickly.

Last edited:
problem i am going to have is playing people who play arcadey button mash while i am simulation

i need to find a like minded opponent before i can enjoy that aspect by the sounds of it?

problem i am going to have is playing people who play arcadey button mash while i am simulation

i need to find a like minded opponent before i can enjoy that aspect by the sounds of it?

Your spot on, 'Arcadey' is a button-mashing fest, horrible.

Like I say, go to Player Match, Create Session, set the Room to Simulation, and they will come. Opponents cannot enter your Room without Simulation settings.

Edit - I Reversed a slam from the cage last night and caught the guy in a Kimura as the we hit the deck. It was so tight, he tapped very quickly. My best Submission win yet on any UFC game. Amazing.

Trust me, Online matches are incredible once you find the right players with Simulation settings. Playing with the lighter weight-classes is so much better as well, in my opinion.

Last edited:
which to buy on amazon ufc3 is 30.00 but limited edition is 41.00

I think only diff is limited edition has

''Undisputed 3 the Contenders Fighter Pack

Featuring Nick Diaz, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Phil Davies and Brian Stann. Step inside with 4 of the most fearsome fighters in mixed martial arts for the first time in UFC Undisputed history.

''

my game has arrived today, xbox 360

anyone on xbox add me please

GT = bitter rivals

i usually just jump straight online, only played this for a few fights with ufc fighters offline so far from understanding the game however i know mma inside out, or at least i feel i do...

i hope it plays like real life. i.e transitions and moves with the controller in a natural movement with arms and hands in the game?

i enjoy the ground game much more than standup on real mma..

sounds like

thanks

Yeah it was one of the new Submission Reversals, first time I have pulled one off Online. :)

I can buy ufc 2010 for 5.00 or ufc 2009 for 2.00.

Do you think I should just buy 1 of them and which 1 rather than pay 30+ for ufc3?

I have never played any these games so this will give me a big taster.

If I like it then 1-2 month i can prob pick up ufc3 for 20-25?

Well I just purhcased EA MMA for 7.50 as I read its as good or better than UFC games in single player. Its meant to be more a sim and better gorund game and submissions etc.

As for UFC I dont know if I shoudl buy 2009, 2010 or wait for UFC3 price drop.

In meantime hopefuly this game will fulfill my fight needs for a few months.

Well I just purhcased EA MMA for 7.50 as I read its as good or better than UFC games in single player. Its meant to be more a sim and better gorund game and submissions etc.

As for UFC I dont know if I shoudl buy 2009, 2010 or wait for UFC3 price drop.

In meantime hopefuly this game will fulfill my fight needs for a few months.

It isnt, it's pure arcade rubbish. They don't even compare.

It isnt, it's pure arcade rubbish. They don't even compare.

Well based on my google research last night a lot of people in forums especially martial arts forums where digging that game.

I played demo and thought it was shocking but apparnetly so did everyone else. It takes a while to get into but once you do its meant to be very good.

They say its sim like cause you cant just punch/kick whenever you have to time it well like as if playing fight night plus stamina is important also.

Well based on my google research last night a lot of people in forums especially martial arts forums where digging that game.

I played demo and thought it was shocking but apparnetly so did everyone else. It takes a while to get into but once you do its meant to be very good.

They say its sim like cause you cant just punch/kick whenever you have to time it well like as if playing fight night plus stamina is important also.

That's funny, because all the MMA forums I frequent state exactly the opposite. The game is pathetic, and the reason it scored so low and was in the bargain bucket after 4 weeks of release. It has zero depth with piss-poor ground game and unrealistic striking. I'm an MMA fanatic, and I welcome any MMA game with open arms, but this game is pure shite. In my opinion.

That's funny, because all the MMA forums I frequent state exactly the opposite. The game is pathetic, and the reason it scored so low and was in the bargain bucket after 4 weeks of release. It has zero depth with piss-poor ground game and unrealistic striking. I'm an MMA fanatic, and I welcome any MMA game with open arms, but this game is pure shite. In my opinion.

The demo was pure shite. I am only nasing reviews on amazon, gamepsot and google searchin ''EA MMA vs UFC'' etc.

Most frequent result was on a forum called Sherdog.

Conclusion was.

UFC3>MMA>UFC 2010>UFC 2009

Anyway I guess I should buy UFC3 rather than the cheap 2010 or 2009 version but still I will wait 1-2 months for price drop. But I cant buy used as u need online pass code?

Back
Top Bottom