PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Not entirely sure what you're debating, look at the screenshots to see the in-game graphics and lighting.

Which I suspect are what you can expect from the PC version, given the anti-aliasing.

Last edited:

pes-201332xgk.gif

pes-2013-23jylv.gif

As much as I would love to, I don't see how this is in-game animation. They didn't just went from being terrible to bitchslapping every other sports title in the market out of nowhere.

Well I'm not blown away at all - we all know that the community will not see the final game until they buy it in the shops - same story every year in that the demos don't even reflect the final product!

I don't know, but I don't see it that much different than last year's game footage. Also 2012's intro is much like in-game. So I don't see why this is any different. And I really don't see it that mind-blowing, next-gen(ish) tbh.

I think the same Lami, the intro and menu video is indeed like in-game, they are just more beautiful, by adding more lighting and antialiasing for a video purpose. Just like "in-game" FIFA 12 trailers, they're in game footage, but more polished for selling the game.

Sorry my english

I think the same Lami, the intro and menu video is indeed like in-game, they are just more beautiful, by adding more lighting and antialiasing for a video purpose. Just like "in-game" FIFA 12 trailers, they're in game footage, but more polished for selling the game.

Sorry my english

Yep I think so too. Obviously touch it up a bit for video.

It's still april, and we're showed this. I wonder what we'll be seeing next, and how're they planning to accommodate our impatience for more.

Yep I think so too. Obviously touch it up a bit for video.

It's still april, and we're showed this. I wonder what we'll be seeing next, and how're they planning to accommodate our impatience for more.

Apparently like last year journalists were shown the game, the embargo for their previews will end the end of the month, I guess. So next-stop is these previews and then comes E3 where they can show some footage and then of course the gamescom and then the demo will be released and then the full game comes along.

No point in eagerly anticipating it all, it's better to just play PES 2012 on gamespeed -2 until the full game of PES 2013 comes along. Not even the playable demo will give us an impression of how the full game will be like.

i don't care about the look and so on. all i want is a good gameplay mechanic like it was back in ps2 days with pes3, 4, 5 or 6.
if they can create gameplay feelings like in the old days (doesn't mean the mechanics have to be the same) it would be great. then licences and graphic are a minor issue. still for me the best soccer games is we/pes series on ps2 !!!
all new fifa or pes are dissapointing after a short period of time...

pes-2011hcjjt.gif

Remember how there were claims that this was all in-game animation? Yep, that didn't turn out so great, did it?

For me the trailer was ok, sure i was hoping to see more, but after 2012 i think konami is on the right path, so i am optimistic about 2013...

full list of the words in the trailer :

1- Player ID
2- PES FULL CONTROL
3- PRO ACTIVE AI
4- REDEVELOPED KEEPERS
5- RESPONSE DEFENDING
6- DYNAMIC FIRST TOUCH
7- PLAYER INDIVIDUALITY
8- UNITED
9- ONE TOUCH
10- MOVEMENT
11- FULL MANUAL ONE-TWO
12- BEAUTIFUL GAME
13- FULL FREEDOM
14- LEGENDARY
15- VISION
16- SATISFACTION
17- 360 CONTROLS
18- TACKLING
19- FANS
20- CELEBRATIONS
21- FEINTS
22- UNIQUE
23- SOMBRERO
24- ONE ON ONE
25- FULL MANUAL SHOOTING
26- HISTORIC
27- EXPERIMENTAL
28- BEAUTIFUL GAME
29- NUT MEG
30- NEW DEFENSIVE SYSTEM
31- EMOTION
32- FLICKS
33- PASSION
34- DRIBBLING
35- PES COMMUNITY DEVELOPS
36- TEAMWORKS
37- MyPES INOVATION
38- CHALLENGE
39- OFF THE BALL CONTROLS
40- FLOW
41- JOY
42- ACCURACITY
43- POWER SHOTS
44- COMMUNITY GLORY
45- SUPERIOR
46- DUMMY RUNS
47- BEATING HEART OF FOOTBALL
48- LEGITIMATE
49-FAME AND GLORY
50-CHANT

As much as I would love to, I don't see how this is in-game animation. They didn't just went from being terrible to bitchslapping every other sports title in the market out of nowhere.

Maybe they have caught up with the rest of the gaming world! It had to happen someday.

pes-2011hcjjt.gif

Remember how there were claims that this was all in-game animation? Yep, that didn't turn out so great, did it?

nope it didn't.
that trailer impressed me a lot more then this years' btw.

Maybe they have caught up with the rest of the gaming world! It had to happen someday.

That's no catching up, that's better than what everyone else has done. It can't be in-game animation, or, at the very least, the transitions will definitely not be like that.

The video of Messi looks less credible than Ronaldo on 2013, when i first saw Messi video i really think that was too good to be truth, when i watch Ronaldo i think that the game will be like that, if not, is not going to be that far, at least that's what i think and hope.

Can you blame people for thinking it's ingame when Konami tell everybody it's ingame the night before?

Tbh Ronaldo model looks believable (no way will the grass look like that ingame) and if it's not ingame and it is CGI then it's incredibly poor by todays standards especially when you see trailers like the Dishonoured one.

You don't seem to understand much about game engines and actual CGI. Obviously the actual game won't look as detailed and nice because this is a commercial trailer meant to impress you, but the Ronaldo model is in-game and the animation tech is the same, you can tell how stiff the head movement looks when Ronaldo looks to his side and front. The animations looked nice, but transitions might look rough as always in actual game play.

Thanks, I liked these statements:

Want to use the power of the pass to quickly nip past a defender? You’ll be able to do that too.

and that one:

Teams adjust more quickly when the ball is won or lost, creating more opportunities to pelt forward and take advantage of some extra space, or getting back quickly to prevent that lone attacker from setting out on a clear run on goal.

Both things I currently miss in PES 2012 so when it works well in PES 2013 that is good news.

Another problem-area in PES 2012 is player-switching. All goes well as long as you play the way the game thinks you should play, but once you deviate from the path and try something else, the problems come up, be it player-awareness or reaction or playerswitching.

For example I want to play a through-pass to the far-out-player, while the game thinks it would be better to play it to the one nearer to me who is also free and running towards the opposing goal, but since I'm a human I can think a few moves ahead and know that it is better to go with the far-out-player in that case.

The throughball works but because the nearer one was supposed to be chosen, the nearer player runs for the ball, eventhough I intended for him to continue his run and wait until the far-one gives him the ball later on.

I thought, ok, I just switch away from the nearer player to the far-player and the nearer player would stop going in that direction, where the far-player is and continue his previous run. But no, despite switching on the far-player the nearer player continues his run to the ball until the ball is in the feet of the far-player, ruining the whole structure of the attack.:RANT:

Can you blame people for thinking it's ingame when Konami tell everybody it's ingame the night before?

Tbh Ronaldo model looks believable (no way will the grass look like that ingame) and if it's not ingame and it is CGI then it's incredibly poor by todays standards especially when you see trailers like the Dishonoured one.

I don't think it is CGI as like you say, it is not on par with other games CGI and even previous PES CGI assets.

I actually take some encouragement from the little imperfections and while the Ronaldo model's movements are convincing, it is not exactly completely accurate. Obviously, we just need to wait and see how it all comes together in gameplay with regards to variety and fluidity across the board, not to mention response.

The other thing I liked about the trailer is that while it might echo the PES2011 reveal trailer, it looks far less choreographed and as previously stated, does have little imperfections present. In retrospect, the PES2011 reveal trailer was all ''one shot'' with no cuts and imperfections were hard to find. If I recal I could really only identify the badge on the kit sometimes stretching in an unrealistic fashion. In this new trailer, detail does drop a tad in places and the animations for running and the step-overs look as though they are looping; more videogame-y looking and less CGI.

Ronaldo running with the ball in the second gif looks really awkward.

This is what I mean. It does look a little awkward in places yet ultimately it is pretty convincing... in isolation, how it all comes together with a full field of players, gameplay camera view etc., will be another matter.

Thanks for the clarification curd.

I do feel the same. To me it does look good but nothing mind-blowing as some of the crazy CGIs in other games. And to call it next-gen like, let's say I'd be disappointed if next-gen looks like this.

Imo, this is in-game and touched up for video.

I don't think it is CGI as like you say, it is not on par with other games CGI and even previous PES CGI assets.

I actually take some encouragement from the little imperfections and while the Ronaldo model's movements are convincing, it is not exactly completely accurate. Obviously, we just need to wait and see how it all comes together in gameplay with regards to variety and fluidity across the board, not to mention response.

The other thing I liked about the trailer is that while it might echo the PES2011 reveal trailer, it looks far less choreographed and as previously stated, does have little imperfections present. In retrospect, the PES2011 reveal trailer was all ''one shot'' with no cuts and imperfections were hard to find. If I recal I could really only identify the badge on the kit sometimes stretching in an unrealistic fashion. In this new trailer, detail does drop a tad in places and the animations for running and the step-overs look as though they are looping; more videogame-y looking and less CGI.

This is what I mean. It does look a little awkward in places yet ultimately it is pretty convincing... in isolation, how it all comes together with a full field of players, gameplay camera view etc., will be another matter.

Spot on, The Messi trailer for PES 2010 was incredibly slick and the animations in the final game ended up nothing like it, This trailer animations however have a believability to them as like you say they are not perfect as you'd expect from CGI ala Messi trailer.

This is why im not a big fan of CG'd trailers showing off a game.
The trailer showed nothing that suggests any improvements have been made for PES13, it was just a bland and uninspiring piece of animation.
You dont see Ronaldo up close like that in game anyway so it obviously wont look the same.

Id have preferred to see some wide cam in game action.

While I understand what you're saying PJR, but it's still April mate. Way early for widecam ingame action don't you think?

These are more teasers than anything.

While I understand what you're saying PJR, but it's still April mate. Way early for widecam ingame action don't you think?

These are more teasers than anything.

Lami - completely get what your saying mate, and from a PR viewpoint, the teaser approach is what everyone does.

However if Konami really wanted to make an impact, grasp the confidence of PES regulars and attract the attention of Gamers that have left the series or are looking for something other than FIFA, then what bigger impact than to say, these are some of the core points we have listened to and implemented, and here it is in action.

You could have had a 30 second trailer, short and simple but just showing flashes of what will make the series great again.
That still leaves plenty of mileage in the run up to release.

I was just, personally, nonplussed by it.

I didn't expect something detailed and an in-depth look to what we could expect, so i find it intersting, i really like it. It's a bit too soon to show the new features with in-game footage.

I'm curious to see how much individuality have been improved. I don't expect other players to have the same level of individuality that C. ROnaldo will recieve, but i think this new Individuality feature is very promising from what I saw in the video. I so wanted Pes 2012 to have the same level of individuality that PES 2011 had, but with fixed controll responsiveness and fluidity (I just think that in Pes 2011 defenders should not look so dumb and unresponsiveness to control). Pes 2013 maybe has potential to take this to a new level (i hope so).

The ball physics may look a bit unatural while C.Ronaldo is sprinting with it, but i loved the frequency of touchs he makes with his right feet, it really resembles those situations in wich he's 1-1 with a defender and runs with the ball under control to dribble him when there's some space and the team is on a counter.

But what i most want in Pes 2013 is that Konami BRING BACK THE DEFENFING SYSTEM OF DEMO1!!! Fix the pressure, put a new fatigue and staminia system and bring back the Ai defence from the first demo in terms of positioning (not the One on Ones situations). It was the only football game experience that forced me to keep my team in shape and it was rewardable when i did it right, the only game that i had to play collectively on defence.

EDIT: another thing that is ESSENTIAL to the next game: get rid of the f*cking AI locked runs to those simples passes that you put 2-3 feets in front of a player. It's ridiculous the need to use Super Cancel in so many circunstances, we need freedom to organize our passing and movement game.

Last edited:

This is why im not a big fan of CG'd trailers showing off a game.
The trailer showed nothing that suggests any improvements have been made for PES13, it was just a bland and uninspiring piece of animation.
You dont see Ronaldo up close like that in game anyway so it obviously wont look the same.

Id have preferred to see some wide cam in game action.

I too would have liked to have seen wide-cam footage but it didn't show any, so not only do I see no point in focussing on what wasn't present in a first trailer, I will also refrain from making assumptions as to how what I haven't seen will look.

It is pretty obvious it won't look like that, because portals hovering about showing you a parallel universe version of yourself ain't football as I know it :D

In all seriousness, I respect your concerns and scepticism.

this is one crappy trailer... what the hell is that supposed to tell me about anything? Looks like Konami are directionless again this year . They can't even promote the game in any way because they have no idea what is being accomplished. Personally, all I care about is gameplay since that what old PES games we're about.

The Messi trailer was an in-engine motion captured sequence, this one I think is not. The running looks very in-game. The only part that looks "too good to be PES" is the transition in the end from step over to shot, hopefully that represents improvements made to transitions.

The reduce of dribbling speed I guess means running with the ball. Just adjusting speed alone to me is not the solution at all. Walcott should run as fast as in life, BUT, he should also have error on touches like in real life. That's what decides the speed a player can travel with the ball. It's too even now and in real life every touch have a degree of error that makes the player have to adjust speed to keep control of the ball. Messi can keep an even high speed most of the time, Usain Bolt would not. Implement this feature and every player can have the correct running speed attribute.

Anyone else impressed with the chants/crowd bit? Part where it says fans reacting to what's happening on the pitch. That's frigging cool!

Back
Top Bottom