iOS Gaming

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming

GTA: Chinatown Wars coming to iPhone :)

Be interesting to see one of the first direct comparisons between iPhone and DS!

Coming in the fall...

Mr Driller just released! 59p as well - amazing value as its a great game.

Another classic snatched from the DS - my missus played this to absolute death on her DS and this is gonna make her so happy!

All these 59p's must add up :P.

Damn straight - tell you what else they do, piss off banks. I've had my card stopped twice now for suspected fraud due to all the micro-transactions!

Pain in the ass :)

Call of Duty: Sandst... I mean, Modern Combat: Sandstorm is now on the App store and is getting some pretty amazing feedback, many calling it the 'best iPhone game'.

It looks amazing and they've promised Multiplayer in a future update which could really make this game take off. And if anyone has played Uno on the iPhone, Gameloft's LIVE service is fantastic, up there with NGMoco's Plus+. You can invite friends from games and they get a Push notification straight away allowing them to join.

Really excited for the Multiplayer update for this game!

Click me!

Rock Band is coming to iPhone! Looks great - launches with 20 songs, DLC and online/Facebook play.

Should be live next week!! :)

Just downloaded Backbreaker for it. 59p and it's a bargain! Very good fun to play, Visually stunning for the IPhone.

backbreaker-football-iphone-2.jpg

I agree, Backbreaker is a great game on the iPhone.

Have you tried Madden 10? I'm really enjoying it.

I agree, Backbreaker is a great game on the iPhone.

Have you tried Madden 10? I'm really enjoying it.

Not yet mate. EA's pricing always puts me off. Think the most i've spent on a app was £1.50 and it was some Astronomy one.

Anyway on my Lockerz account i have 86ptz. 100 gets me a game so i'll pick up Madden10 on PS3 there:)

Got a bunch of games with my £15 voucher. Tom Clancy's HAWX is very good and you can tell that its got good depth in terms of game design and controls - but its so damn hard and I heard that the game is very short.

I also got a few addictive games - DoodieJump and Canabalt - I highly recommend these for people that like games where you have to keep breaking a highscore.

MGS is quite good too, but it might get repetitive.

Loads of suggestions here, will check them out :)

Doodle Jump for 59p? Bargain! Quality little game :D

Last edited by a moderator:

After grabbing quite a few games, my recommendations so far are:

Labyrinth 2
Bookworm
Tower Bloxx 3D
Spider
Zen Bound
Pinball Dreams & Fantasies :BOUNCE:
Paper Toss
Doodle Jump
Flight Control

Still a fair few that I haven't tried yet like Real Racing but I'm getting to those :)

After grabbing quite a few games, my recommendations so far are:

Labyrinth 2
Bookworm
Tower Bloxx 3D
Spider
Zen Bound
Pinball Dreams & Fantasies :BOUNCE:
Paper Toss
Doodle Jump
Flight Control

Still a fair few that I haven't tried yet like Real Racing but I'm getting to those :)

add 'the creeps' to that list, and bejeweled 2 (if you have facebook friends playing it too - god that is bloody ADDICTIVE!) and you have yourself a nice little list there mate!

edit: btw, i play flight control for real!! :p

add 'the creeps' to that list, and bejeweled 2 (if you have facebook friends playing it too - god that is bloody ADDICTIVE!) and you have yourself a nice little list there mate!

edit: btw, i play flight control for real!! :p

Bejewelled 2 Blitz on iPhone is like crack! I cannot stop playing it and when I close my eyes to go to sleep, all I see is coloured jewels!

2nd on my friend list leaderboard now though with 187,800 :)

Just played Bejeweled 2 and couldn't get higher than 32k :LOL:

Bejewelled 2 Blitz on iPhone is like crack! I cannot stop playing it and when I close my eyes to go to sleep, all I see is coloured jewels!

2nd on my friend list leaderboard now though with 187,800 :)

my gf was top of my list last week with 370K!!!!

i'm lying in third on mine this week with 244k, and she has a measly 191k... :)

but it is nails!

one tip though, is when you get a multiplier, there is always a way to nail it in less than 3 moves, so look for that asap!

Multipliers are the key Dags (though I'm not 100% sure, I think you get them by smashing the glowing gems after making 4 in a row - but it seems inconsistant).

As MJ says above, as soon as you see a multiplier, home in on it as it can usually be smashed straight away.

Highest I've got is 5x and it makes a mahussive difference to the score.

you get a multiplier when you score big - usually means having to knock out a couple of glowing gems, in quick succession. don't think it gives you one if you knock out just one glowing gem...

Gameloft's Let's Golf – Free for a Day

Let’s Golf plays remarkably similar to the Sony PSP’s Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee and does a great job in duplicating all the fun things about the Hot Shots series. The graphics are superb for an iPhone game and the only noticeable frame rate dips are minor and only seem to occur when the camera pans out quickly.

http://toucharcade.com/2010/01/04/gamelofts-lets-golf-free-for-a-day/

The iPhone version of Plants vs. Zombies is due for a release later this month.

That's according to a posting on the PopCap Games Facebook page, which simply reads: "Look out for it in January 2010".

PopCap's take on the tower defence genre was released for PC last year and was a big hit. It scored 9/10 on Eurogamer and also made it into our games of 2009 feature.

The iPhone version was due to launch at the end of last year so it's good to know we won't have too long to wait. There's still no sign of the rumoured Xbox Live version, though.

:APPLAUD:

Back
Top Bottom