iOS Gaming

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Gaming

Same here. Had a tight game with Billy all of today. Might kick off another one tomorrow on my way to work :D

Hopefully getting an iPad this week. Anyone recommend some apps / games for it?

Good lad :)

So many great apps, but some that either show off the iPad, or just are really real suited for it are;

Plants v Zombies
Real Racing HD
Scrabble (and Words With Friends HD)
Chain Link HD
N.O.V.A HD

There are so many, I'll have another look when mine is recharged.

Some iPhone apps that work particularly well at 2x are;

Pro Evo
Street Fighter IV
Karate Champ

After playing Starcraft II on the Mac last night, there is one game that needs iPad-i-fying asap!

FlawlessCowboy; said:
Hopefully getting an iPad this week. Anyone recommend some apps / games for it?

Here's what's on mine:

Sorted by most used, reading, musical, photos, games, son....

First screen:

Mbox mail
Dropbox
Evernote
Air sharing
im+
goodreader
Readdledocs
Docstogo premium
Pages
Keynote
Numbers
Todo
Facebook
Appadvice
Proswitcher
Logmein
Iteleport
Pocket informant HD

the rest:

Dancam
Cydia
Calengoo
Atomic web browser
iPod
iTunes
Videos
YouTube
Photos
Photoboard hd
Air video
Yxplayer
Tvcatchup
Sky mobile tv
BBC iplayer
Itv player
Imdb
Tv guide
Flixster
Inet wol
Ifile
Wunder radio
Uzu
Web albums
Pica photos
Backgrounder
Brain challenge
Osmos hd
iBooks
3d story book wrong side of bed
Toy story
Cat in the hat
Shrek forever after book
Comics
Jack beanstalk book
Reeder
Pulse news
Early edition
Press reader
Zinio
Skygrid
Geek news
Eyewitness guardian
Fry paper
Stumble upon
Wikipanion plus
Dictionary
Google earth
Maps
Weather hd
Eurosport
Poof
Circuitous
Kayak flights
eBay
Rightmove
Shazam
Soundhound
Twitterrific
Find iPhone
Google
Remote hd
Ign
Pianist pro
Magic piano
Ielectribe
Looptastic hd
Aurora
Morphwiz
Sketchbook
Brushes
Color & draw
Colorsplash
Photogene
Photo fx ultra

Games

2xl rally
Shrek kart hd
Asphalt 5 iPad
Real racing hd
Gt racing
Nfs shift
Pvz
Angry birds
Know how 2
Pinball hd
Gangstar
Smb2
Orbital hd
Sudoku hd
Game table
Words hd
Hotel mogul
Cogs hd
Dragon warrior
Isp Galuda 2
Creeps hd
Spider solitaire hd
Mirrors edge
Real football 2010
My kingdom for princess
Monkey island 2
Virtual pool 2
Meteor blitz
Enigmo 2
Real solitaire
Blokus
Zen bound 2
Harbor master
Rush hour
Glow hockey
Labyrinth 2 hd
Boggle
Azkend hd
Profiler
Paranormal hd
Amateur surgeon
Warpgate hd
Dominion hd
Tiki towers
Scrabble
Glass tower
Farm frenzy 2
Super 7 hd
Super juicy hd
Putt putt golf hd
Tetris
Pad racer
Worms hd
Civ rev
Flight control hd (not installed)
Multipong

for my 7 year old:

Drawing pad
Magnetic draw
123 color hd
5in1 kids pack
Word magic
Wots the difference
Repeat
Frogger
Jellycar 2
Partyplace (marble mixer)
New York rollercoaster
Mx mayhem
Wooly willy
Crazy basket
Creaturez
Crazy tanks
PAC-man

I bet you can't wait for iOS4 to come out for iPad - I think you could do with the folders!

Picking up my iPad tonight from PC World. The only one in about a 40 mile radius with the 16GB + 3G in stock.

Go for a 64GB and use your phone for tethering.

Really wouldn't need 64GB. I'm not planning to put music on it - mainly apps and some videos.

As for using MyWi on my iPhone, I thought about it but it would just kill the battery. Much rather just have 3G capabilities on the iPad

I went with 3G from Three... Get a perfect signal everywhere and only 15 squid for 10GB...

FlawlessCowboy; said:
I bet you can't wait for iOS4 to come out for iPad - I think you could do with the folders

I have an app installed from cydia which allows the page to be scrolled up and down, so I basically have one page for each theme/genre of apps...

Yeah I also went with Three. So far the signal has been superb - with my iPhone (on O2) at home, I don't get a 3G signal at all. With Three I get a couple of bars.

At my girlfriends I sometimes get 1 bar of 3G on my iPhone but it constantly drops back to GPRS. With Three I get a full 3G signal :) it seems much much quicker than that of the 3G on O2 as well.

Spunk_of_MJ; said:
I have an app installed from cydia which allows the page to be scrolled up and down, so I basically have one page for each theme/genre of apps...

I'm gonna jailbreak my iPad tonight. I'm used to my iPhone being jailbroken so know about most of the decent apps but are there any specific iPad apps from Cydia you would recommend?

Also, is there anyway to view only iPad apps (rather than your entire app library) when choosing what apps to put on your iPad in iTunes?

Last edited:

Inside my app library, it displays 2 categories :
- apps for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- apps for iPhone and iPod Touch
For iPads, I guess a "iPad only" display should exist.

No, I mean in this area:

Screenshot2010-07-31at013803.png

Bejeweled finally got its looooong awaited update today - adding coins and boosts :)

Looking forward to giving this a try!

Bejeweled finally got its looooong awaited update today - adding coins and boosts :)

Looking forward to giving this a try!

Dude. AVF. FIFA games! Holding the tourny up fella. Hope you are going to complete otherwise that's poor form. Can you go and post over there to let people know what's happening?

Maybe you are away atm though as last time I checked you hadn't been online for a while???

Sorry for off topic guys.

He went out with my sister aswell, said he had a great time and then never called her back...

What ever happened to this? Was it fan made BS or did the date slip or was it like a patch or something they were hyping?

-

Also noticed that Civilization Revolution is free for today. A bit late to spread the news now but whatever.

Last edited:

Dude. AVF. FIFA games! Holding the tourny up fella. Hope you are going to complete otherwise that's poor form. Can you go and post over there to let people know what's happening?

Maybe you are away atm though as last time I checked you hadn't been online for a while???

Sorry for off topic guys.

Ah balls!!! I seriously thought I'd played my games :( Will sort it out...

And bobby, your sister never put out... poor form!

ibasket was free a few days ago and I quite like it. Straightforward. I also got this mental Zombie game for free called ZombieShock.

Monster Dash - its Canabalt with guns and monsters. What more do you need to know? Go buy it!

My high score is a measly 4016m.

Also, Hexalex is basically Words With Friends but with a hexagonal board (meaning more ways to place words) and up to 4 players in one game.

Add me if you get it, FlawlessCowboy

Now I've done a restore and got rid of a load of boring/pointless apps and tidied my iPod up a bit, I've been looking at some new games to get.

Downloading Let's Golf 2, I liked the first one so I'm hoping this one is good too :).

Let's Golf 2 is better in just about every way to the first, I recommend it :).

Kick Flick 2010 > Flick Football IMO, flicking the side of the ball to curl instead of curving your flick feels better to me. Kick Flick 2010 would be better with proper graphics instead of neon light goalposts though :P. Both games are pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoDonPachi Resurrection is out for the iPhone and iPod Touch and is on sale for £2.99. It will be £5.49 soon.

DoDonPachi Resurrection is out for the iPhone and iPod Touch and is on sale for £2.99. It will be £5.49 soon.

Was just coming to post that! Also, r-type is being released today... I'm spending FAR too much money on apps! Wish they'd release iPad specific versions too...

Back
Top Bottom