Sony PSP/Vita

crayon

Champions League
23 October 2004
Japan
Liverpool FC
PSP currently available here in Nokami land, land of Geisha and sushi. On sale at around 20000yen (two hundred dollars or so I guess or 100 pound). Has anyone got one? If so, what are your impressions of it? Advantages and/or disadvantages? I've heard one possible prob is battery life, another is an easily scratchable screen. Probably more advantages than disadvantages though. How does it compare to the DS?

I haven't got mine yet :( but I'm getting it for Christmas :D . My first game will be Metal Gear Acid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: PSP - What do you think?

getting mine around march, just can't wait.hope we will see winning eleven soon. :applause: from what i've soon so far, it is just awesome.i don't care about the disadvantages... :mrgreen:

Yeah, I play WE/PES on PC and PS2 - taking over my life as it is! Can see myself becoming extremely fat, eating crappy food while WE PSP takes over my life :mrgreen:

Kenny M said:
i am going to japan in january.

i may grab one if they are available.

Grab 2!!

;)

Last edited:

You'll be lucky I think. They'll only have 500,000 in shops by the new year, that's compared to the 2.5 million Nintendo DS already sold. It's another Sony launch shortage buying madness fest.

It'll be good to see if they get some of the bugs ironed out for the Euro launch (sticky buttons, dodgy analogue stick, UMDs coming out).

babs said:
You'll be lucky I think. They'll only have 500,000 in shops by the new year, that's compared to the 2.5 million Nintendo DS already sold. It's another Sony launch shortage buying madness fest.

It'll be good to see if they get some of the bugs ironed out for the Euro launch (sticky buttons, dodgy analogue stick, UMDs coming out).

There have been problems?! Why is no launch ever straightforward!!

Im planning to get one, im only afraid that if i get it now, i wont be able to get any games....(well i wont understand shit if i got jap ones)

Main problem is battery life I heard, only up to 3 hours max on any game which is remotely good-looking graphically.

It does look nice, but apart from travelling long journies I have never seen the point in portable game machines.

From what I've seen in the shops here there's only around 10 games or so at the mo'. Out of those I think I'll get the MG Acid and probably Minna no Golf (cute J-golf game)....that is until the WE game comes out......

ClassicD said:
Main problem is battery life I heard, only up to 3 hours max on any game which is remotely good-looking graphically.

It does look nice, but apart from travelling long journies I have never seen the point in portable game machines.

ClassicDude. Would you rate this portable console game thingy up there with the Sega GameGear. which in my personal opinion was and still is the greatest portable console game machine known to man kind. How people thought a gameboy was better is beyond me.

Also Classic the point you make about battery life. 3 hours is a damn long time to be playing video games. I think 3 hours is more than adequate and that playing any longer than that would be potential damaging to your eyesight. Would you agree?

slim, it's almost as bad as doing something else (!) for 3hours - you know, they say it makes you go blind! :mrgreen:

crayon said:
slim, it's almost as bad as doing something else (!) for 3hours - you know, they say it makes you go blind! :mrgreen:

If you can go three hours strokin the one eyed snake, I'd give you a medal. I mean 3 fuckin hours Im lucky to last 3 mintues. I think its because I've got such soft hands. ;)

The old vinegar strokes would have to be real slow...... :mrgreen:

il only buy psp when they realese a UMD writer for the pc .....so i can purchase a psp with a rewritable UMD

nike121 said:
il only buy psp when they realese a UMD writer for the pc .....so i can purchase a psp with a rewritable UMD
But it does beg the question as to why on earth would Sony allow a consumer release of a UMD writer. The UMD, imo, won't be used in any other products so blatantly the only reason people would want a copier would be to copy games.

Of course, theres good reason that a third party might release a copier instead but because of the exclusivity and lack of demand, they'll undoubtedly charge a bomb for them.

If anything, I can only imagine some sort of adapter thingie to plug in the back of the PSP to insert miniDVD type discs.

I wouldn't even consider getting a first gen version, not until they sort out the battery life (which they will). Then it will be worth it. Plus it'll possibly be cheaper.

That's for sure. Cheaper.....after around 2 years or so.

crayon said:
That's for sure. Cheaper.....after around 2 years or so.

2 years time and the Playstation 3 will be out. I can't seriously see myself buying one of these, I think it looks a little odd for a 65 year old man to be playing games on the bus on the way to the supermarket.

the real slim shady said:
2 years time and the Playstation 3 will be out. I can't seriously see myself buying one of these, I think it looks a little odd for a 65 year old man to be playing games on the bus on the way to the supermarket.
A 65 year old Eminem fan? :mrgreen:

Wipeout Pure is coming for the PSP. Thus, I am getting the PSP. It's that simple.;)

the real slim shady said:
your never too old to enjoy good music. 8)

This is just beyond a joke now. Previously you were a mildly annoying idiot, now you've infiltrated all aspects of the forum. You're 16, you used to be Lokil, and you have never have been, and never will be funny.

Never ever.

zebula77 said:
Wipeout Pure is coming for the PSP. Thus, I am getting the PSP. It's that simple.;)
Agree :applause: - I've heard there might be an interesting way of playing WE too (with multiplayer I meant to say). However, it has MGA, Wipeout Pure etc.....without doubt,worth it just for these. Just have to stop yourself swerving it in your hands when you're playing it on the train. :D

MarkD said:
This is just beyond a joke now. Previously you were a mildly annoying idiot, now you've infiltrated all aspects of the forum. You're 16, you used to be Lokil, and you have never have been, and never will be funny.

Never ever.

There was something suspicious about him:applause:.

I have 2 psps with ridge racers, linking them up for multiplayer is very smooth.
Plus all the psp text is language selectable and understanding a driving game in japanese isnt difficult. You should all buy one.

gomincha said:
I have 2 psps with ridge racers, linking them up for multiplayer is very smooth.
Plus all the psp text is language selectable and understanding a driving game in japanese isnt difficult. You should all buy one.
How does RR play? I never really liked the series - always seemed to be lightweight and passionless. Have they made it a bit like Burnout 3?

Back
Top Bottom