GTA V

I liked Luis Lopez, Niko Bellic, Tommy Vercetti and Fido from GTA 3 (even though he was mute through the whole thing!). I disliked CJ and hated Johnny.

Who voiced OG Loc in San Andreas? He was awesome.

I think one problem with them going back to Vice City is most of the jokes/ideas have been used. They already referenced pretty much everything 80's in the first game.
They could re model the city and mix it all up.. but a lot of what made Vice City great was the 'never seen' features. Choppers, Bikes, real soundtrack on the radio, all star cast, they even had Phil Collins in the 'vice city stories' game.

I think a good idea would be to set it in the late 80's and as you progress through the game you end up in a totally different 2nd city in the 90's and the game starts to tread into SA territory.

It's pretty obvious that's it's not set back in time though. Everything points to it being in around current time.

Gamestop lists GTA V, 2012 release mentioned

Gamestop Germany has put up a Grand Theft Auto V listing for pre-order, marking it for an January 15, 2012 release.

There’s a description, too. It doesn’t sound very conclusive, especially when run through a machine translator:

“Rock Star is now the first official information about GTA V coughed up! In an interview with the Times, said Dan Houser, that even on the fifth GTA is in progress. But before the characters are created, developers look after the the city, the whole play is in the. Houser is co-author of the screenplay for the story line be, the sites will comprise about 1000 Potential GTA V domains were unearthed last month, and a casting call was put up by Take Two and Rockstar recently, trying to find actors for something called “Rush”.

GTA V is expected to be announced at E3 in June.

January release? Don't see that, isn't it a real weak selling period?

Used to be but not so much any more. Many companies put their games back until after Christmas now to avoid the likes of COD, and January can be quite a strong sales period for games as people get money and vouchers for Christmas.

Release date is irrelevant really, any GTA game will sell in ridiculous numbers regardless of release date. Just look at Red Dead which was released at the start of summer.

I would expect a GTA game to be released in either October/November or March/April based on previous release trends. Obviously thats 2012 for GTA V.

Some GTA V secrets on the OPM UK

gta-v-official-playstation-magazine-uk-may-11-1304785475.jpg

Back
Top Bottom