NBA 2K12 - The G.O.A.T. Revisited

Yes,actually there are bits and details that I instantly took notice of as well:

- Lay ups are not as easy and "canned" as before when the paint is crowded. There seems to be a lot more contextual error. A move can be broken at mid-animation and end differently, it seems, as I experienced many times when Wade was penetrating the paint and I forced him to change (he scored some of them, anyway, the bugger).
- Post game seems to be deeper than last year, which is awesome. Eager to know how, but I felt powerful with Dirk and Chandler, doing very nice looking feints and shots.
- Rebounds seem a lot more realistic, the player jumps seem great compared to last year.
- For some reason, I found blocking easier than last year. Specially from behind. I had Dirk denaying Wade in a spectacular way from behind when Wade was trying to cross the paint with a lay up. It felt great.
- You have to play even safer passing than last year.
- The animations have gone from great to amazing. You can't stop shooting fadeaways with Dirk. The high arch of the ball is mesmerizing.
- Watched some new dunk animation with Rudy in which he protected the ball with both hands at the beginning, then did a small-soft tomahawk movement to quickly dunk it.
- Alley-ops feel very rewarding.
- I like how sometimes Miami replicates the terrible system of play they did in the now famous last quarters of the finals. Lebron carrying the ball and spending almost all of the time, or Wade. And Bosh simply getting open for his shot.
- General ambience continues to be impressive.
- I felt like shooting was a little less predictable. Very difficult shots that wouldn't go in in 2k11 could be made (I had an unbalanced Dirk scoring almost from 3 after colliding... and one!) and shots that would be a sure bet in 2k11 could go out.
- I noticed the % number when you shoot a free throw. Does it mean how good it was timed or the %accuracy of the player?

Last edited:
Looking forward to trying the demo even though it seems stripped down. Guess we'll have to wait until the 4th to see the awesome total package. Can't wait for the PC mods! :)

I heard that the game is designed in a way that Lebron automatically comes out of games before fourth quarters. From your demo experience, can you confirm this?

What I have noticed, and it's absolutely ace, is that bloody Wade always do a shot feint before shooting. And sometimes 2 or 3. Just like in real life!!

And just like in real life, I get cheated more than not. I need a button to do a flagrant foul whenever he cheats me. It's humiliating knowing that he will do it, but still jump. When watching the matches on Tv I always said "come on, you know he will feint, don't jump!!!" and asked myself why deffenders didn't know what was coming.

Now I know. :PIG:

I'm torn between getting the game from ShopTo with the two bonus classic teams or getting it from PlanetAxel, for the american version with correct courts and logos...

Evo Web Online Association anyone? Maybe just make it a 24 or 28 game season?

I'm up for it but found out today that there won't be any sliders for it.

Well, to be honest we don`t really need sliders as Pro-Sim and All Star-Sim are pretty damn good right out of the box. Most people tweak with sliders just for the sake of tweaking anyway.

It was mentioned on Twitter.

EDIT:

@Ronnie2K Ronnie 2K 2K12
Some people are inaccurately understanding Online Association. If you play on slow settings, it's in real time.

@Ronnie2K Ronnie 2K 2K12
Meaning you have a week to play 7 days worth of games (where you'll have a couple games), but it's not in blocks. Its one game day at a time

YouTube - NBA2K12 Launch Trailer

Last edited:
I'm REALLY enjoying 2K12, superb experience. Can't believe they've managed to improve on the presentation once again.

Any PS3 folk interested in forming an online team?

I have to wait honomê gets my game, which is probably gonna be like next couple o weeks.

Is the lockout about to end or something? I wanna play with the rookies and fresh rosters.

Last edited:
Their having meetings but nothing is resolved at the moment.

Sounds like the servers aren't up to to task again, I'm shocked.

Wow the rookies aren`t in yet. Good thing I read that before heading off to the store. I`m not picking this game up until the rookies are added.

Wow the rookies aren`t in yet. Good thing I read that before heading off to the store. I`m not picking this game up until the rookies are added.

your gonna wait a long time, the rookies are not nba players cause they do not have contracts, so they will not be in the game, unless someone makes a roster update on 2kshare

You can buy the game with no problem, 2K have probably already done the rookies, they are just waiting the lockout to finish in order to update the game with them. As gomito said, 2K cannot reproduce the rookie players regarding law issues.

the best sports game ever!

so much improved over last year! fifa and pes are joke comparing to this.

A shame i dont really have a large interest in the sport though. i bought 2k10 and 2k11 and hardly played them. great game play and presentation but i just thought it was all meh simply because i think bball as a sport is meh :(

i would like to play you but i hear this game is subpar on the ps3... or maybe its because you guys are in europe, i will get on xbox soon

What are the issues with the PS3 version? I hate my 360 controller when it comes to sport games.

Back
Top Bottom