NBA 2K12 - The G.O.A.T. Revisited

I've read that 2K13 has manual bounce pass

johnnydramavictory.jpg

Gameinformer - 25 Things We Know About NBA 2K13

YouTube - NBA 2K13 Developer Insight Gameplay

So far, so good.

New thread?

I've started my first Association, can anyone please explain to me the different play types (in playbooks -> assign plays)? I did a fantasy draft so I assume they're not automatically assigned the best way for my team. I have no idea what the different play types are and what types should go with each kind of player.

For example, I picked Lebron James as my first pick, what should his #1 priority play type be?

I've never done a fantasy draft but I see no reason why the default plays should change. Having said that, the default plays for the players are very wrong and it'll take hours to fix it all.

What is Lebron's current list?

Last edited:
They take Live's promised control scheme & make it look easy. :LOL: That's a par. Must buy for me, as always.

I think it was 2K10 where I used the second control scheme and used the right stick for dribble moves. IIRC they removed it (or changed something) in the next game and I've never been able to consistently get to grips with the shot stick because I missed having the dribble moves.

Don't like idea with triger + right stick shooting. It'd rather be more complicated on crossovers imo. Bounce pass trigger is best news for me here. And if they'll sort out inertia physics as they talk it'd be excelent as much.

I've never done a fantasy draft but I see no reason why the default plays should change. Having said that, the default plays for the players are very wrong and it'll take hours to fix it all.

What is Lebron's current list?

Play types in order of priority:

1. P&R Ball Handler
2. Isolation
3. Post Up Low
4. Mid Range

That looks OK to me, maybe swap isolation for something else if he isn't getting good looks.

Ok, thanks! I switched my playbook from the default (76ers for some reason, even though I'm the Rockets!) to the Miami Heat's. I figure their plays may be better for Lebron.

There are links to accurate plays and playbooks in the thread, they'll help you a lot.

Don't like idea with triger + right stick shooting. It'd rather be more complicated on crossovers imo. Bounce pass trigger is best news for me here. And if they'll sort out inertia physics as they talk it'd be excelent as much.

You can use the shotstick as usual and use trigger + rightstick for dribble moves.

This is huge!

391355_10152047178015305_920365058_n.jpg

You’ve asked for it and now you’re getting it – NBA 2K13 is proud to bring you both the legendary 1992 Dream Team and the 2012 USA Men’s National Team! Who would win? Tweet your thoughts using the hashtag #NBA2K13 and make sure to pre-order NBA 2K13 today to answer this question for yourselves October 2! http://2kgam.es/BuyNBA2K13

Pippen is the odd one out.

Is it just me or graphics on nba 2k12 and 2k13(according to that picture) looks more cartoonish and lower quality compared to 2k11 graphics.

nba-2k11-b.jpg

Last edited:
I think its just the picture.

Its not a picture placebo. Reinstalled nba 2k11 and it looks outstanding just like in that picture. Nba 2k12 players models don't even look half as good.
Gameplay is way more balanced as well, no cheese up'n'unders and teams play differently. Having a blast with it again. Unfortunately there is no decent roster update of this year.

2K11 had a different kind of cheesing, but yes it was less annoying, but still 11 had the hopstep and some other cheesing I can't remember.
If 2K13 have one tiny cheesing thingy, I ain't getting it. I just don't get why they need to make that cheating specially in My Player, its just so annoying and impossible to have fun.
2 years of struggling to win and cursing was enough for me.

I didn't know it had been created, too busy thinking of a title.

Back
Top Bottom