NBA 2K12 - The G.O.A.T. Revisited

Of course, I plan on starting a new Association. After I finish my first year in My Fuckin Player.
I already played two Associations, one was with your players in prime file and it was good, way better than default mode.

Awesome. I'll upload the roster file and my three draft classes 2morrow. I'm gonna give My Player another go round now that the trade deadline has passed and the rookies are in.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :RANT::RANT::RANT::RANT:

Dat Mode! Just had a 36% shooting game in the 2nd game of the playoff.

I could not score one bloody jump shot, awful cheesing cpu not to mention I lost the damn starting role, then I got subbed of in the 4th quarter when we were winning by 5 just so the sim made we loose by 4!

Its so damn difficult to win in My Player I kinda of liking it.

And i thought was just me, found myself near to throwing the game out the window

Ok guys I`ve uploaded the roster file and draft class (3 of them to be exact). You can find them on 2kshare

Roster File Name: Evo Web 3

Updated accessories, shoes, contracts, rotations, minutes, transactions, trades, player numbers, playbooks, tendencies, ratings, and player roles for the 2011/2012 season as of March 23, 2012. Free Agency contains retired playes (Brandon Roy) who might come back and play and anyone who is overseas (Aaron Brooks).

Draft Classes for this roster

2012 Draft Class File Name: Evo 2012
2013 Draft Class File Name: Evo 2013
2014 Draft Class File Name: Evo 2014

I forgot to include the 2011/2012 NBA seasons correct 3 point percentages. I have rectified this though. I uploaded another roster file with this fix. So it has everything in the last roster file I uploaded and up to date 3 point percentages. Now everyone can finally start a realistic association/my player.

Roster File Name: Evo Web 4

What makes me suspicious is that, instead of improving your teammates AI, they have just put more hardcoded bullshit in the game. I can't stand this. I fear this franchise past its peek 1 or 2 years ago and is now going down. It's still a quality game and it's vastly superior to current footy games, but that's just another reason not to have all this bullshit in the game. I have to spend literally weeks to find the right balance and wear the cheats as much as I can. It shouldn't be like that, at all.

After having played all 2K games in this generation, I've grown very impatient with this things. Up to now it wasn't that important because the improvements to the game (passing, AI, plays) were always balancing the experience. It's the first year that they have broken things by default in order to assure a balanced scoreline, such as plays and passing.

So, which NBA2k-version on xbox360 would you suggest is the best one. I want to try it out, but I don't want to invest in a game where the CPU cheats, left and right. Got enough of that in PES 2012.

The only basketball-videogame I played previously was NBA Street 2 on xbox1 and loved it to death.

It was arcade but it was so much fun. But now I would like to try out a simulation, and I heard that 2k makes the best, but I'm unsure which version to take. Which has the best singleplayer-experience (and offline-local multiplayer) with the least cheating: NBA 2k10, 2k11 or 2k12?

I'd suggest nba 2k11 on mediocore difficulty settings and maybe some custom sliders. There is some moments when cpu pull the odds to their side(like u can see in almoust every sports game), buts its far from 2k12 cpu cheese and also passing and spacing is much better in 2k11.

Roy Hibbert is 7"2 but he's a pussy, he is so soft on both ends of the floor its unreal.

When he should dunk he doesn't, when he should contest a shot he doesn't, when their is a mismatch he'll just stand rooted to the spot and look on as his team mate is taken advantage of.

Most of the time he doesn't even have to jump, just raise your arms and you'll put them off :RANT:

I'd suggest nba 2k11 on mediocore difficulty settings and maybe some custom sliders. There is some moments when cpu pull the odds to their side(like u can see in almoust every sports game), buts its far from 2k12 cpu cheese and also passing and spacing is much better in 2k11.

Totally agreed. I hardly play 2k12 because it feels as bad as PES on steroids trying to cheat all the time.

The biggest problems are that in order to try to win, the cpu AI totally destroys what is a great basketball game, and the resulting mess is the worst basketball experience I've had this generation of consoles. It has its great moments, but at long term the CPU game is a matter of constant driving in, bumping your player and having your teammates deffense messed by no reason.

The amount of hardcoded stuff needs to get out of the game for the next iteration. I doubt I will buy 2k13 if they don't drastically change most of the things I commented earlier in this thread.

Besides, how can you destroy something like passing like that? I just don't get it. I had a lot of joy from 2k10 and 2K11 last years, it's the first time I see the game in the shelve and I say to myself "let's try it" only to switch off the game ten minutes later tired of a bloody fustrating AI design. It happened in previous installments, but not to this extent!

Totally unable to join a friends Locker Room at the minute which is massively frustrating. Just keep getting the 'Game session no longer available' message. Anyone else having the same problem?

Gave this game the last chance. It's nearly impossible to enjoy this game because of the constant cheats, AI and passing stupidity. I really dont understand how they could broke this series. Sold it and probably won't buy 2k13 unless you guys report there have been significant improvements in the most fustrating areas.

Defending is non existant and works in the wrong way. They risk doing a PES with this series.

I've tried many sets of sliders, rosters and everything. The speed catching up, the constant bumping, the poor teammate AI, the irritating offense rebounds,the terrible passing and the fact that it's the game that decides when you will win and when you won't, no matter what you do. I can play my best basket and be 15 down just because the CPU can fart and score.

I don't feel anymore any kind of coherent relationship between what I want to do and what happens.

Sold it.

Yes, the game is flawed. However, there are workarounds for some of those problems Drek. I`m going to pop in this thread for the remainder of the season and give ppl some tips.

Tip 1: Never pass the ball into the post unless your PF/C is calling for the ball. It will be a successful pass 9/10 times.

I've tried many sets of sliders, rosters and everything. The speed catching up, the constant bumping, the poor teammate AI, the irritating offense rebounds,the terrible passing and the fact that it's the game that decides when you will win and when you won't, no matter what you do. I can play my best basket and be 15 down just because the CPU can fart and score.

I don't feel anymore any kind of coherent relationship between what I want to do and what happens.

Sold it.

I thought this game was supposed to be the holy grail of sports games? Everybody seems to want 2k to make a football game purely because of NBA2k.

It's an improvement over 2K11 but there is still a lot of room for improvement. They got sloppy with no competition from EA, that'll change again this year though.

That said, it's still very playable for me and I am enjoying it.

To me 2k10 and 2k11 remain the pinnacle of sports games. Let's see how they react for the next installment...

Hey sauce, it happens to me now and then as well, and I also had 2 YLOD with 2k in the console...

I don't know if you're playing only in PS3, but I found that when the system looses connection to PSN, no matter what are you playing the game sort of crashes and freezes for up to 2 minutes. But sometimes it comes back.

The only solutions I've found are:

1- Always disconnect from PSN when I play single player modes
2- Never never never save a match in progress and resume it. Always start matches from zero.
3- Never play more than 2 matches in a single session.

It's sad, but since I began doing this it never froze.

How did you fix the YLOD? I just had my first one and 2k is stuck inside. I can`t get it out.

Review, I had to open the console to get it out... In a bad way, I mean.
Luckily for me, when I bought it I payed for an insurance that covered "accidents". At the time of paying the insurance I had that face of "jesus, I'm being totally mocked, this is wasting money". But hey, it was worth it after all!

So after retrieving the disc by extremely smooth proceedings (me and a screwdriver, cursing and just pushing the damn thing out no matter what broke), I went to my terrace and threw the console several times to the floor to make sure it was non functional.

As it was tougher than I thought, I ended up putting it in the sink then pluging it. The smoke told me that time it wouldn't function properly anymore. Checkpoint!

Then I sent the console to the shop saying it fell to the floor and ceased to work, the insurance comppany said ok and they afforded me the price of a new one, so I got a slim... and had YLOD three months after. Another sink session.

But my third one is a champ, not a sign of struggling at all. It may well be that I have so much work that I can't barely play lately, but oh well... that's being picky.

Have luck, brother. I know what you're going through at this moment. If your local shop have this kind of insurances, read well the small text, though.

I'm not sure if I have insurance. I bought my PS3 four years ago. Not sure if I still have the receipt and purchase info. If there's no insurance a repair will defn be in order and 2k12 will be going buh bye cuz it fukked my PS3.

Since there is no complete roster update support for nba 2k11 and i lost my player save i decided to give 2k12 another go (like 5th or 6th).
Knew its horrible out of the box and found an "albys" roster,sliders,set plays and tendencies update which changed gameplay expierence completely. No more up and unders cheese every posession by cpu and its joy to see good ball distribution to get to scoring position. Also using 36 point of gamespeed which makes realistic game pace.
Enjoying the game for now at all-star level and i don't feel like cpu forces comebacks too much ( swept knicks with boston by 25 points today), if i play good basketball. The gameplay is far from perfect still. Too much putbacks . too much ubelievable bad passes and unbalanced crossing over(crossing slow big men is as hard as decent pg) are biggest issues.

I wish more of you guys had this on 360. Team ups, though still fun, need to be played with the right team-mates. I just went for 13pts, 8 assists and 4 steals with D. Rose to win a game against the Knicks online though. :)

:LOL: Oh man, My Player is stupid. Even on Pro/Simulation settings. I'm a PG on the Jazz & Devin Harris is a prick :LOL: NEVER passes. Just iso's and burps up horrendous shots all the time. Just played the Hawks & they didn't miss; no matter how much I contested. Millsap & Favors SUCK offensively too.

I'm just gonna hold out until team chemistry picks up cos I hear that's when it gets good.

There's some gameplay of 2K13 from E3 but its too early to judge, the walking animation is back though.

The Dunk contest has to been seen to be believed, the phrase 'WTF' comes to mind.

I need to see drastic changes in 2k13. If I don`t I`m just gonna hang on to 2k12.

Seriously, that footage looks 2k12 to me. I'm with Review on this one, they have to show some drastic.

Oh, and a Jeremy Lin cover btw! :COOL:

Back
Top Bottom