PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Just to clarify, this video has no impact on my opinion of PES2013. I was purely stating that the video is pretty woeful.

I'm looking forward to PES2013 and my expectations are in line with what we know thus far i.e. more along the lines of a PES2012 v2.0.

It's clear to me now that Konami is putting all their effort into PES 2014, to get the new Fox-engine to work as a football-engine and all the new animation-engine, physics, AI...

PES 2013 has to take the toll for it, as it seems like a maintenance-update.

It's ok that they remain with the same tired engine and that graphics and animation are similar if not identical, but I hoped that they would put their full energy to get as much out of the engine as possible.

For example, there is no excuse why there won't be a realtime two-tiered stamina/fatigue-system. It's a feature that already exists in the Wii-version, but Konami doesn't seem inclined to put it into the PS3/xbox360/PC-versions as well.

Stats is another major field that is left pretty unworked in PES 2012. Konami could make the stats of players and teams fit their real versions, but I fear that for PES 2013 it will be again pretty generic for most teams/players.

Ballphysics in PES 2012 are ridiculous, even in PS2-times they were much more realistic. How is that even possible? Making the ball independent and the physics realistic in PES 2013 would go a long way to make the game more believable.

Walking, jogging, running... why not make speed an analogue thing?

Playerswitching is downright awful in PES 2012 and I don't mean the playerswitching that happens when you try to select another player, which is merely mediocre, but the playerswitching that happens when making a pass, throughball or high ball to another player: Often the wrong player gets selected and pulled back from his position to get to the ball, even when deselecting him and manually selecting the intended recipient.

I don't know how that form of playerswitching works in PES 2013, but if it's the same as PES 2012, then there is no excuse either for that.

The AI: Despite all the talk last year of an intelligent AI, it is actually pretty dumb. Both regarding offensive, defensive and midfield-play. It is so dumb that the CPU needs cheating and catchup-bug to prevent us from winning every single match.

I'm curious about version 2.0 of this intelligent AI though.

Last edited by a moderator:

So...is it confirmed that there will be another video tomorrow at the same hour ?

The trailers are all too similar, the same format, same tacky music, and not enough content. There's no point hyping the game with gimmicky things, just show gameplay.

At least there'll be a demo in a couple of weeks.

i watched today's video, it was meh.

I trust everyone here has heard of the term

SHILL

I think it would make a LOT of sense if it we actually tired to find out who here is a shill. It would explain the whole black and white opinion crap we see all the time :)

Last edited:

Fair enough people don't like the presentation of this trailer but what are people comparing the trailer to when they say there should be more info? I've never seen another game put out 20 minute videos explaining all the different modes.

I've only seen a couple of talking heads with a few gameplay shots in the background.

Maybe Konami haven't really nailed the video in terms of slickness but to be fair, they're trying to cover a lot of information in a short space. I for one, don't want to sit through 20 minutes of video and have everything spoon fed to me.

I think you guys have some unrealistic expectations.

Those training equipment shots just look like FL expansions from the PES shop to me, much like the ones we can buy in PES2012 like unlocking stuff that increases your chances of signing players etc. The fact that these items are for sale using PES experience points show that the video has barely shown anything about football life at all. The fact that Konami might choose to include that as a major new feature in a promotional video is bizarre at best.

Other things of note, the game does look graphically the same but I think it looks slightly sharper and a fraction more polished, the goal nets in particular look more defined which would be nice.

Other than that, and this is pretty much irrelevant, but I'm amazed how these videos get released to the European public year after year having passed through some kind of European marketing team with that bizarre music. It's completely out of sync with every other product marketed towards Europeans, and given the fact that their nearest rivals plaster their game and adverts with modern, current and well known music, how the f**k does this never seem to ring a bell with anyone in Konami's marketing department? It's not relevant to how good the game is but it still amazes me. People actually get paid to put videos like this out to the western public and expect that the presentation will help make the game appeal to gamers. Amazing.

Last edited:

Konami's marketing Department:

dnquL.jpg

KONAMI sadly, can't make proper trailers. EA may release 1 or 2 trailers, but those will be polished as hell. Just see the trailers for FIFA 11 and 12 to see what I mean. It's night and day difference from what KONAMI offers to public.

Can't believe it's 4th?! trailer by KONAMI and in almost ALL of them, goalkeepers were beyond joke. Seriously! Mo-capped Casillas?! WHERE THE HELL can I see this?! Because to me GK reactions still look pathetic and v. amateurish. Even in Amateur leagues GK don't do such saves for God sake.

This is one of the gamebreakers since God knows how long :/.

Walking, jogging, running... why not make speed an analogue thing?

thank you... i dont know why football games havent started doing this yet... (although i wuld still have full sprint as a seperate button)

just let you control to speed with the analogue, it makes so much sense, a little deft move would bring the ball under control and/or do a quick spin... move the analogue further and he'll kick the ball further.... it would make the games dribbling so much more realistic and fluid and put the emphasis on actual intricate, qucik touch dribbling.... all with being skilled with the left stick

one thing that i hate in football games is you cant stand face-to-face with a defender and force them into having to stand off.... in real life the person with the football always has the advantage in this situation.... but because of the lack of accuracry and user control over dribbling speed... you cant do this in footy games.. just imagine getting the ball under control.... deftly moving the LS towards your oppenent... controlling your speed of dribble so the defender is constantly on the back foot and cant jump in... then quickly push the left stick and burst away...... so much more use control

also another thing that ive read on here which should be implemented.... SUPER CANCEL at all times.... why do we need to hold a special button to let us move around freely? just have it on all the time to an extent (you still need some kind of auto runs wen you make through passes, but generally when you do get control... make it up to you to make the right movements.... you have to find a balance in this regard)

and as youve mentioned... better fatigue.... dont need to elaborate... such a simple thing to fix and it effects the game so much

Very strange vibes around the boards, I feel like I'm in kindergarden or pre school...

We all knew PES 2013 will be very similar to PES 2012 in terms of tech, the gameplay part is supposed to be the thing, that is going to shine this year. Let us all wait for the demo and then judge what we have experienced.

Crying over smth that you've already known is going to be the same is just retarded, how can you expect amazing visual representation, when the engine is the same? Don't you think that they could have made amazing visuals, they would have made them by now? Obviously the engine is super restricted and it is nowhere as advanced as the other ones.

I just want KONAMI to nail the gameplay part of the game, I want to have a balanced experience. I f*ckin hate PES 2012, the game is super restricted in terms of gameplay, there is no freedom whatsoever, not the mention the movement of the players they move like they have laser guidence.

What we all want I think is the game to be free as possible, to battle for possesion, not to be put on rails with every ball. When you see on the field, you must be able to go to the ball and be able to control it as you like it, not as it is written in the code! To be able to pass or do things spontaneously, so every game will feel different, not like FIFA or PES now, the games are as boring as f*ck!

In just 2 weeks we're going to play the first demo of the game, so chill out and wait. We all know how shitty KONAMI are at making trailers, they just can't do it!

i think there has been too much over reacting over here because of this trailer
It's bad, we all agree
but it was never meant to show new animations, new gameplay. It's a general view over different modes and it will be detailed for sure in future videos. Remember, it's episode 1

i suggest to save the real complaints for demo impressions

KONAMI sadly, can't make proper trailers. EA may release 1 or 2 trailers, but those will be polished as hell. Just see the trailers for FIFA 11 and 12 to see what I mean. It's night and day difference from what KONAMI offers to public.

Can't believe it's 4th?! trailer by KONAMI and in almost ALL of them, goalkeepers were beyond joke. Seriously! Mo-capped Casillas?! WHERE THE HELL can I see this?! Because to me GK reactions still look pathetic and v. amateurish. Even in Amateur leagues GK don't do such saves for God sake.

This is one of the gamebreakers since God knows how long :/.

And @curd LOL.

WENB is also pathetic site. You lot always go overhyping the game and Adam takes it to new levels. He hyped the 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 editions saying that those games will be amazing and what fans were waiting for. Really now? Can you look back at those statements and say that you are big fat liars now? Because that's what you are. A tube of KONAMI.

You want respect? Fine, but fans also want to hear the bloody truth. Even if it's bad news, we want to know.

Heh.

I've said it a lot in here but it seems like no one reads. Please don't go flaming other forums. That's not how we operate here. If you do have a problem with one and you can't help but vent, then try your best doing so without disrespect. It is normal to disagree but please do so in the right manner. If you do not like posting in other forums then just don't. Simples.

I hope the demo impresses. But if you think about it the dev team knew they were miles behind in graphics and animations 3 years ago. They should have been working on gameplay from the start. They haven't. Now that is not acceptable. How many years do they get a pass? PES 2014. Give them time it's only the first year they've been working with the Fox Engine. When will it end?

Speaking of the variable speed analogue example; this idea would never work simply because the left analogue stick also controls the direction of the shot or pass. If this was implemented it will be down right impossible to pass the ball towards the direction while standing still(plus it will be pretty uncomfortable). But by replacing this control towards the trigger sensitive R2 button would fix the problem entirely; albeit taking away the already implemented controls like jockying though. Maybe if they took away the manual modifier function of L2 and gave the replaced functions of the R2 button, as well as giving a few functions to replace R1 button sprint, that would give a greater feel of depth. At the end of it all, on the ball we have R2 that can vary speed of the dribble, L2 to give precise dribbling and R1 to give an occasional knock on or burst. Off-the ball controls, we have maybe R1 or L2 for jockeying and contextual movement when the ball is up in the air.

Speaking about ideas, Konami need to give many more functions of the d pad for more strategical functions like increasing the defensive line on the fly etc. Of course there would still be an option to change the d pad to analogue controls for d-pad users. Like the offside trap button, there needs to be a button for a coordinated pressure; attackers simply move up in an organized manner forcing the opposing player to play a long ball forward. Do this at the wrong time, you will simply give them space in the midfield ahead of the defence to play to.

Besides that, i heard that the dynamic one-two controls is simply flicking the right analogue at a direction after pressing L1+X. Why not do exactly the same thing with off-the ball controls? Push right analogue stick towards the direction of the player you want to select and click it to select him. Afterwards push the right analogue to a direction you want him to run that also deselects the player automatically freeing you from the off-ball control.

There also should be a need to give more variation when attempting a flighted ball or long ball; able to control the direction, height and spin of the ball; obviously with assistance and stats putting it into play. Remember the beckham to ronaldo long ball goal? This i have no idea how to implement whatsoever.

Besides the obvious animation, collisions and graphic boost on the new engine in PES 2014, Konami need to be thinking about new gameplay mechanics and controls. If it was just an animation and collision upgrade, i would be pretty dissapointed.

Last edited:

Very strange vibes around the boards, I feel like I'm in kindergarden or pre school...

We all knew PES 2013 will be very similar to PES 2012 in terms of tech, the gameplay part is supposed to be the thing, that is going to shine this year. Let us all wait for the demo and then judge what we have experienced.

Crying over smth that you've already known is going to be the same is just retarded, how can you expect amazing visual representation, when the engine is the same? Don't you think that they could have made amazing visuals, they would have made them by now? Obviously the engine is super restricted and it is nowhere as advanced as the other ones.

I just want KONAMI to nail the gameplay part of the game, I want to have a balanced experience. I f*ckin hate PES 2012, the game is super restricted in terms of gameplay, there is no freedom whatsoever, not the mention the movement of the players they move like they have laser guidence.

What we all want I think is the game to be free as possible, to battle for possesion, not to be put on rails with every ball. When you see on the field, you must be able to go to the ball and be able to control it as you like it, not as it is written in the code! To be able to pass or do things spontaneously, so every game will feel different, not like FIFA or PES now, the games are as boring as f*ck!

In just 2 weeks we're going to play the first demo of the game, so chill out and wait. We all know how shitty KONAMI are at making trailers, they just can't do it!

i agree with your general point but this 'just wait and see' approach comes up every year and doesnt hold much weight

"wait and see the second trailer THEN comment" turns into "wait and see the DEMO.... then we can know" turns into "its just a demo, the real game is out next month... just wait and see... turns into "this is shit wtf"

plus people should and will talk and make judgements on all and any new news that comes out regarding the game, especially since this is a pes forum afterall

Speaking of the variable speed analogue example; this idea would never work simply because the left analogue stick also controls the direction of the shot or pass. If this was implemented it will be down right impossible to pass the ball towards the direction while standing still(plus it will pretty uncomfortable).

isnt that what its like now? to pass whilst still you have to pass first then aim after, i dont see what the difference is?

anyway thats just a means to an end, what my point was is that dribbling needs to be allowed to be controlled with high precision of direction and speed... having 'jog speed' and 'run speed' as your only options is just terrible.... make it dynamic, so like 360 degree movement where u get complete control on direction, you can also get 100% control for speed

***..... like i say the dribbling on football is just so unrealistic... watch any real match, when the attacker is facing the defenders the defender is always on the back foot.... in video games the attacker cannot do this (due to things like no control over dribble speed) and so we have this idiotic shit style of play where we run forward in 45 degree angles... its so dumb****

also another simple idea.... when you get a really far out free kick it stays on the normal wide camera angle... so its continious play (like fifa 12 throw ins now).... BUT also, the camera angle stays the same when you take the long free kick.... i mean when you think about it, why do you need to have that free kick angle when you are taking a crossing freekick ? just keep it wide so its like a normal long pass........... this ties in with what you were saying with more options of long balls...... ALSO ties into what you say about on the fly tactics..... just hold select when taking the free kick to select a pre-made option where it makes your centre backs or whatever get into the box

isnt that what its like now? to pass whilst still you have to pass first then aim after, i dont see what the difference is?

Very true, but it is still a problem nevertheless. That's the reason why i am proposing the variable speed button to be the trigger sensitive R2 button. Letting go the R2 button and moving around the analogue stick would simple make the player rotate the ball around him without actually moving anywhere.

Last edited:

***..... like i say the dribbling on football is just so unrealistic... watch any real match, when the attacker is facing the defenders the defender is always on the back foot.... in video games the attacker cannot do this (due to things like no control over dribble speed) and so we have this idiotic shit style of play where we run forward in 45 degree angles... its so dumb****

In PES 2012 when using a good dribbler, the defender is on the back foot. What you need to do is use slow dribbling, facing the defender face on and moving as close to him as possible without using the run-button and using the left stick with slight touches. You will see you have more control over dribbling (maybe even more if using L2) and the defender will be on the back foot, guarding you and backing off, and when he tries to go for the tackle, you can when timed well, dribble him out with a slight direction-change, forcing him to let you go or commit a foul.

Very true, but it is still a problem nevertheless. That's the reason why i am proposing the variable speed button to be the trigger sensitive R2 button. Letting go the R2 button and moving around the analogue stick would simple make the player rotate the ball around him without actually moving anywhere.

Good idea, I'm also for analogue speed on R2 exclusively so that one can move with the left-stick without moving anywhere.

that would mean you would have to literally always press R2 to move

the reverse makes more sense in this case e.g. Analogue to move in general and press a button to stand still (or SUPER close control, like in fifa 12)

20+ posts gone.

I've put a warning in here but sadly some don't care and too busy fighting over a video game. Some posts had to go/be edited as they were in response to the main problematic ones.

If anyone's in charge of PES problems, it's Konami. Give them the stick, not a fan forum.

Now, stick to talking about PES please.

You're more than welcome to do so here, constructively. If you're unhappy about PES then complain all you want about Konami. They're the ones making the game.

Keep in mind there's a very fine line between complaining and trolling. Mods/Admins do know the usual trolls. Many come back after being banned thinking they've gone unnoticed. Believe me, we monitor and we do know who they are :)

Just stick to staying on-topic, have a healthy discussion, and stay away from trolling.

Now please, back to PES.

Other than that, and this is pretty much irrelevant, but I'm amazed how these videos get released to the European public year after year having passed through some kind of European marketing team with that bizarre music. It's completely out of sync with every other product marketed towards Europeans, and given the fact that their nearest rivals plaster their game and adverts with modern, current and well known music, how the f**k does this never seem to ring a bell with anyone in Konami's marketing department? It's not relevant to how good the game is but it still amazes me. People actually get paid to put videos like this out to the western public and expect that the presentation will help make the game appeal to gamers. Amazing.

See, this is exactly how I feel. When I watch these videos I cringe to be honest. They do absolutely nothing to promote the game and I switched off half way through. Very dated looking and appalling music too - they're embarrassing. Konami must live in a bubble where they don't see how the rest of the games industry promotes their games.

It's a shame because the very first PES2013 trailer with Cristiano Ronaldo at the Real Madrid training ground was pretty slick and professional. Very atypical for Konami. It seemed as if they had finally got the hang of this marketing game.

Everything that has followed has reverted to type, sadly.

The gameplay bits do look good though!

Freedom, manual kicks of all kinds and first touch skills - I'm quite excited, hopefully it's nothing like the last few efforts.

The demo should be good at least!

After seeing the response to yesterday's impotent effort I think they thought better of it.

Back
Top Bottom