Resident Evil 1 - HD Remake

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
The original Resident Evil is being remastered for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, Capcom has confirmed.

Due out in 2015, the title will be available via digital download only and is based on the 2002 GameCube remake. 1080p visuals will be standard for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, while older consoles will get 720p. All versions will have 5.1 surround sound support.

You can either choose to play the game in its old 4:3 ratio, or bump it up to 16:9 widescreen. Other changes include various control options, though the original scheme will be present, and a scrolling camera that appears to move away from the original's fixed angles in preference of a more dynamic approach.

I think I only ever finished the original once, and that was thanks to a cheat device.

The furthest I got legitimately was out of the mansion into the research facility. I always died at a part with 2 spiders.

I loved how the game had varying scenes depending on what order you did things. Like I remember Barry being in certain scenes and on another replay he never showed up. Really cool.

Hoping for a remake of 2 though now.

resident-evil-1-getting-remastered-re-release-on-pc-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-and-xbox-one-140723334035.png

1280x720

1280x720

1280x720

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-release-on-pc-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-and-xbox-one

YouTube - Resident Evil - Producer Announcement ESRB
YouTube - Resident Evil 1: Remastered - Eurogamer Preview

Feck that, once was enough, enjoyed it but knowing like it's at something like RE452, think I'll give this a wide berth.

FD

Release date of 20th January for the HD remake..

Pricing is average at £9.99 and £15.99. But would much rather they remade Resident Evil 2, that I would pay for.

Resident Evil 0, will definitely be released as it will be porting the same engine - Resident Evil 4 has already been given an HD remake for PC (not sure if it was released for consoles).

Resident Evil 2 will need completely re-doing as it was only released on the PS1 and PC - same as Resident Evil 3. So these 2 would need a complete re-make to bring up to an acceptable standard.

Resident Evil 0, will definitely be released as it will be porting the same engine - Resident Evil 4 has already been given an HD remake for PC (not sure if it was released for consoles).

Resident Evil 2 will need completely re-doing as it was only released on the PS1 and PC - same as Resident Evil 3. So these 2 would need a complete re-make to bring up to an acceptable standard.

RE2 was released on GC too.After all i don't think capcom want to make another remake like RE1 or Zero. The only thing that im sure is making of RE2 remake with current technology must be so special.High graphic and high quality FMV and .... .

Back
Top Bottom